***The Official UTHSCSA Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Invited to an interview on 1/27 as well! Super excited and grateful for this opportunity!

Does anyone know how flexible UTHSCSA is with pre reqs? I didn’t take Orgo 2 lab and can’t find a place to take it for the spring without having to take the lecture and lab. Think they will let me slide or no?
I think pre-reqs are pre-reqs for a reason. However, I do know that if you plan on taking it and follow through, it should be fine. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your response. Some schools are more lenient than others As this requirement has been waived already for 4 of the 6 schools I’ve interviewed at. Ill just wait for someone to review my file for matriculation :)
On interview day, there should be a sheet of paper that comes with the folder that talks about pre-reqs.

Does anyone know how flexible UTHSCSA is with pre reqs? I didn’t take Orgo 2 lab and can’t find a place to take it for the spring without having to take the lecture and lab. Think they will let me slide or no?
I also didn't take ochem 2 lab. But my ochem 1 lab was 2 credits. I emailed Dr. Malone about it and he said it was fine as long as I had 8 hours ochem credit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

So I haven’t heard anything back from any of the three schools in TX and I’m getting worried. I interviewed before dec. and my stats are pretty good. My interviews definitely could’ve been better but I didn’t think they were completely horrible. What do y’all think my chances are at this point?

So I haven’t heard anything back from any of the three schools in TX and I’m getting worried. I interviewed before dec. and my stats are pretty good. My interviews definitely could’ve been better but I didn’t think they were completely horrible. What do y’all think my chances are at this point?
If you don't have a rejection letter, I would say you're still being considered. Playing the waiting game is tough! :confused:

For example, I'm out here wondering if another round of acceptances will come out between the last interview date (Jan 13) and the next interview date (Jan 27) :thinking:

If you don't have a rejection letter, I would say you're still being considered. Playing the waiting game is tough! :confused:

For example, I'm out here wondering if another round of acceptances will come out between the last interview date (Jan 13) and the next interview date (Jan 27) :thinking:
those accepted on the second round have until jan 22nd to respond, so i think its def likely!

Reactions: 1 users
If anyone knows the answer to this, thank you but for those accepted, updating fall 2019 grades on tmdsas is all we need to do for the time being right? I have a spring semester right now so I would have to update my grades again on tmdsas when spring finishes and that would be the only time to send the physical transcript to the school? Or do I have to send a physical transcript to the school for fall 2019 grades too?

If anyone knows the answer to this, thank you but for those accepted, updating fall 2019 grades on tmdsas is all we need to do for the time being right? I have a spring semester right now so I would have to update my grades again on tmdsas when spring finishes and that would be the only time to send the physical transcript to the school? Or do I have to send a physical transcript to the school for fall 2019 grades too?
I was kinda wondering the same thing. Since we're accepted, do we send our transcripts straight to the school? Or do we still update via TMDSAS

I asked that question, and they said that Fall 2019 grades would not be due until later on this semester and that we should focus on doing the FAFSA for now until they give us information on when transcripts are due and where to send them to. I would call to double check though.

Do they typically send out acceptances exactly two weeks after the previous round, maybe towards the end of the day, or within a couple days following the two week period?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just a little curious, did anyone receive a scholarship along with their acceptance offer? Does SA even give out scholarships?

This is for all you who are waiting for the third round to come out. I just spoke with them and the second round has till the end of this week to summit their status. The third round will come out on either January 28th or 29th. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
This is for all you who are waiting for the third round to come out. I just spoke with them and the second round has till the end of this week to summit their status. The third round will come out on either January 28th or 29th. Good luck!
Lol are you frantically patiently waiting, too? :arghh:
Thanks for letting us know!

Did you complete the FAFSA? During my interview they spoke of a need based scholarship that they could only give if your fafsa was completed.
No I haven't filled it out (I never get anything from FAFSA anyway). I guess they only give out need based scholarships then?

I really appreciate for the clarification! On another note, I just had a question regarding laptops at the UTSA dental school. For those who interviewed, y'all probs remember Dr. Malone mentioning how you must purchase a laptop from the school with the software preloaded so they can replace it in case something breaks/goes wrong. Does anyone know if there is a way you can get out of having to buy from them and getting our own laptop and have the software loaded onto that? Anyone know if anyone's ever done something like that?

For those that got accepted, when did you guys interview if I may ask?

Still no good news here :( this waiting thing is killing me

Asking for my boyfriend- does anyone know when the next round of acceptances will be sent out? Thanks so much!:)

Does anyone know if updating grades on TMDSAS for last semester will affect if I get accepted or not? I haven’t done it so kind of worried if it does

Does anyone know if updating grades on TMDSAS for last semester will affect if I get accepted or not? I haven’t done it so kind of worried if it does
I've already been accepted and I received a message from TMDSAS reminding me to submit transcripts for Fall 2019. I messaged back asking if I still need to update on TMDSAS since I've already been accepted into my top choice and they said they will need the transcript updates up until matriculation

Just to clarify. We can receive a notice that the class is full at any point throughout the rolling basis correct? That is what eats me alive on the inside :(

Just to clarify. We can receive a notice that the class is full at any point throughout the rolling basis correct? That is what eats me alive on the inside :(
Hey, I just wanted to say anything is possible. The current DS1 class didn't have their class completely filled until the first week of school. They may be "full" but remember that people drop their seats for whatever reason, or they may not complete their requirements. If you haven't got a rejection, then you still have a chance!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted as well!! :soexcited: Interviewed 1/27

Reactions: 3 users
Hey, I just wanted to say anything is possible. The current DS1 class didn't have their class completely filled until the first week of school. They may be "full" but remember that people drop their seats for whatever reason, or they may not complete their requirements. If you haven't got a rejection, then you still have a chance!
What requirements are you talking about exactly? (Or what would be reasons for not matriculating?)

I too would like to get an idea of this. Admissions usually doesn’t say whenever I call them, but if anyone else has that info then we may know.

I think it’s ~30

Sent from my iPhone using SDN