***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz0924

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for this school yet, so I am starting one!

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Just received my interview invitation (07/25). AA: 22 TS: 22 oGPA: 3.99 bcpmGPA: 3.98

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get a very long delay before UTSD received your application? I submitted via TMDSAS on 06/03 but I didnt receive the confirmation email from UTSD until a few days ago. Both TAMHSC and UTHSCSA sent emails confirming that they had received my application in mid-June, so I am a bit worried that my app. to UTSD got lost for a bit and resulted in a delay.

Did anyone else get a very long delay before UTSD received your application? I submitted via TMDSAS on 06/03 but I didnt receive the confirmation email from UTSD until a few days ago. Both TAMHSC and UTHSCSA sent emails confirming that they had received my application in mid-June, so I am a bit worried that my app. to UTSD got lost for a bit and resulted in a delay.
I submitted mine 5/17 and got confirmation 6/4

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone else heard back from this school? I applied July 13th, have not heard back from any of the Texas schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, just received my interview invitation to this school for 10/9. I have already interviewed here the previous two application cycles so I'm hoping the phrase "third time's a charm" applies to me here!

Can't wait for my interview, I really hope to get an acceptance this year!! Good luck to everyone this cycle!

For the people who didn't hear back - are your status all stuck as "transmitted to school"?

Just got an interview invite this morning for October 23!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have received interviews, did you get the email in the morning, mid-day, or afternoon? Just wondering if there is any consistency.

Sorry I just looked and it was an application received email

Okay I was going to say I haven’t received a complete one from any school so I was just making sure I hadn’t missed something on my end! Thanks!

Anyone know what percent of OOS interviewees get accepted?

Anyone heard back that applied at the end of June? Still nothing for me, I was thinking of calling but don’t know if it’s too soon.

I hear about 4-7 spots out of about 100-105. Not sure how accurate that is, but that is my understanding.

Are you sure? 100 OOS interviewees is really high for Texas. Or are you talking 4-7 out of the incoming class?

Are you sure? 100 OOS interviewees is really high for Texas. Or are you talking 4-7 out of the incoming class?

4-7 spots out of 100-105 matriculated dental students. Not out of interviewees

Other interesting details:
5 OSS-4 from Utah 1 from CO (not too sure if that's correct)
ethnicity: 38 Caucasian, 4 African American, 30 Asian, 27 Hispanic, 1 other

This was SA stats for 2018 matriculation that I saw someone else post.

Other interesting details:
5 OSS-4 from Utah 1 from CO (not too sure if that's correct)
ethnicity: 38 Caucasian, 4 African American, 30 Asian, 27 Hispanic, 1 other

This was SA stats for 2018 matriculation that I saw someone else post.

Still didnt really answer my question.... also I’m asking for Houston not San Antonio..

Still didnt really answer my question.... also I’m asking for Houston not San Antonio..

No more than 10% OOS per school. At least that’s what I remember hearing at the pre-dent meetings. Texas schools aren’t really OOS friendly. Usually about 3-7 OOS from school, but that number varies. I’m sure you can google the stats to find out %of OOS applicants and those that are accepted

Just trying to help, sorry I didn’t answer your questions to your liking. I’ll make sure I don’t offer any insight next time.

Just trying to help, sorry I didn’t answer your questions to your liking. I’ll make sure I don’t offer any insight next time.

Yes and I appreciate the time you took to respond I didn’t mean to come off rude and apologize if I did. I was just wanting to know what percent of out of state students that interview get accepted, not the percent of each class that is OOS.

Yes and I appreciate the time you took to respond I didn’t mean to come off rude and apologize if I did. I was just wanting to know what percent of out of state students that interview get accepted, not the percent of each class that is OOS.
You could always google it! I'm sure it won't be difficult to find the stats :)

Interview #2
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 10/23/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/8/2018
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.44, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/22/None

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
Notification date: 10/24/2018
TMDSAS mail-out date: 06/22/18
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.64, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/16/RC

Wow, a 16 and you still got an interview offer. Props, hope it goes well for you!

Interview #4
Notification date: 10/24/2018
TMDSAS mail-out date: 06/22/18
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.64, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/16/RC

when is your interview date?

Since December 1st is on a Saturday, does that mean we have to wait until the 3rd which is Monday to hear about acceptance or rejection?

Status
Not open for further replies.