***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by Chubz0924
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone else get a very long delay before UTSD received your application? I submitted via TMDSAS on 06/03 but I didnt receive the confirmation email from UTSD until a few days ago. Both TAMHSC and UTHSCSA sent emails confirming that they had received my application in mid-June, so I am a bit worried that my app. to UTSD got lost for a bit and resulted in a delay.
 
Did anyone else get a very long delay before UTSD received your application? I submitted via TMDSAS on 06/03 but I didnt receive the confirmation email from UTSD until a few days ago. Both TAMHSC and UTHSCSA sent emails confirming that they had received my application in mid-June, so I am a bit worried that my app. to UTSD got lost for a bit and resulted in a delay.
I submitted mine 5/17 and got confirmation 6/4
 
Has anyone else heard back from this school? I applied July 13th, have not heard back from any of the Texas schools.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, just received my interview invitation to this school for 10/9. I have already interviewed here the previous two application cycles so I'm hoping the phrase "third time's a charm" applies to me here!

Can't wait for my interview, I really hope to get an acceptance this year!! Good luck to everyone this cycle!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone heard back that applied at the end of June? Still nothing for me, I was thinking of calling but don’t know if it’s too soon.
 
Are you sure? 100 OOS interviewees is really high for Texas. Or are you talking 4-7 out of the incoming class?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Other interesting details:
5 OSS-4 from Utah 1 from CO (not too sure if that's correct)
gender: 49 female, 51 Male
age: 20-32, 5 over 30
ethnicity: 38 Caucasian, 4 African American, 30 Asian, 27 Hispanic, 1 other

This was SA stats for 2018 matriculation that I saw someone else post.
 
Other interesting details:
5 OSS-4 from Utah 1 from CO (not too sure if that's correct)
gender: 49 female, 51 Male
age: 20-32, 5 over 30
ethnicity: 38 Caucasian, 4 African American, 30 Asian, 27 Hispanic, 1 other

This was SA stats for 2018 matriculation that I saw someone else post.

Still didnt really answer my question.... also I’m asking for Houston not San Antonio..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Still didnt really answer my question.... also I’m asking for Houston not San Antonio..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No more than 10% OOS per school. At least that’s what I remember hearing at the pre-dent meetings. Texas schools aren’t really OOS friendly. Usually about 3-7 OOS from school, but that number varies. I’m sure you can google the stats to find out %of OOS applicants and those that are accepted
 
Just trying to help, sorry I didn’t answer your questions to your liking. I’ll make sure I don’t offer any insight next time.

Yes and I appreciate the time you took to respond I didn’t mean to come off rude and apologize if I did. I was just wanting to know what percent of out of state students that interview get accepted, not the percent of each class that is OOS.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #4
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 10/24/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 06/22/18
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.64, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/16/RC
 
Interview #4
School: UTSD Houston
Notification date: 10/24/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 06/22/18
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.64, 3.77
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/18/16/RC

when is your interview date?
 
Since December 1st is on a Saturday, does that mean we have to wait until the 3rd which is Monday to hear about acceptance or rejection?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.