***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by Ricer7
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Ricer7

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! Here is the thread for the Class of 2024! Interviews should be starting to go out soon, so good luck to everyone!

Link to interview prep: University of Texas Health Science Center-Houston School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! 🙂

Last year's thread: ***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

*edited by the staff to include link to last year's thread​
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same. When did you apply? I applied June 3rd so I know I’ll hear later. Probably sometime in August or even later.
 
Same. When did you apply? I applied June 3rd so I know I’ll hear later. Probably sometime in August or even later.
Is that how they do it? I understsand it might be a little later like a week or so. However are you sure they dont comb through and send the invitations around the same time but you"ll just have a later date? Hope that makes sense
 
Is that how they do it? I understsand it might be a little later like a week or so. However are you sure they dont comb through and send the invitations around the same time but you"ll just have a later date? Hope that makes sense
Really? I’m actually not sure how they do it or what the process really is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview #2: The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Notification date: 19 August 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.95, 3.96
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/23/28/none
Interview Date: 03 September 2019
Congratulations!!!
 
Interview: University of Texas at Houston
Notification date: 24 September 2019
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 20 June 2019
GPA (BCPM, overall): 3.82, 3.78
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 26/24/22/25/none
Interview Date: Initial date 8 October 2019. Rescheduled to 22 October 2019.
 
Last edited:
Interview #8
School: University of Texas at Houston
Notification date: 10/02/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: Texas
TMDSAS submitted: 05/23/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.7, 3.9
Masters GP: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/20/24/none
Interview date: 10/22/2019
 
Hi there. Congrats to all who got interview invites. Here is a question to OOS applicants: On AADSAS it says that my application is complete but it's been more than a months and nothing changes. Does anyone OOS have the same issue?
 
To anyone who doesn't have an interview from here yet, I sent an email just asking where my application was in the interview process and how I want to attend this school. They sent back "your application is still under review" but then sent me an interview invitation a day later today. So it could be a coincidence but I think it helped me. Definitely worth a shot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

I messaged you!
 
Interview #4
School: The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Notification date: 10/17/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
Application complete date: 5/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.23, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/20/22/none
Dates available OR your interview date: I was given one date in November, but rescheduling to another Tuesday was an option.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How often is Houston sending out interviews, and which day is it usually? Also, do they send out invites over the weekend ever?
 
Interview #2
School: The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Notification date: 11/14/2019, 2:36 P.M.
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
Application complete date: 5/28/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/28/18/none
 
I just got an interview today!

Just out of curiosity, is the first line of your invitation email, "The Dental Admissions Committee is pleased to invite you for an admissions visit at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston."? I'm assuming that is just what they say to everyone who they invite, but the term "admissions visit" sounds super encouraging.
 
Just out of curiosity, is the first line of your invitation email, "The Dental Admissions Committee is pleased to invite you for an admissions visit at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston."? I'm assuming that is just what they say to everyone who they invite, but the term "admissions visit" sounds super encouraging.
Just out of curiosity, is the first line of your invitation email, "The Dental Admissions Committee is pleased to invite you for an admissions visit at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston."? I'm assuming that is just what they say to everyone who they invite, but the term "admissions visit" sounds super encouraging.
I got the same email. I'm pretty sure that's what they say to everyone who they invite.
 
Interview #2
School: The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston
Notification date: 11/14/2019, 2:36 P.M.
Method of notification: Email
Residency: WA
Application complete date: 5/28/2019
GPA (science, overall): 3.71, 3.81
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/28/18/none
Congrats on the OOS interview invite
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats on the OOS interview invite
Thank you! I have been in Texas for over a year now but moved for college so I'm still considered OOS. I would love to be able to stay in Texas and probably would have gotten a Texas interview awhile ago if my residency status had been different, so I was stoked to get this invite today.