***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Last year round 3 came out two weeks after round 2, so maybe it will come out this week.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted Students, please join our FB page!

1579140679531.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
At what time of day are the acceptances sent from the dental schools?

At what time of day are the acceptances sent from the dental schools?

From the looks of it, the second round went out at 8am if I'm not mistaken. Can someone confirm this pleaseee

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my interview invite on 1/23/20 at 9:10 am for this upcoming Thursday 1/30/20.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
For those who got the acceptance on the 17th, how long did they give you to put a deposit down?

Anyone hear anything back yet? I'm anticipating that Round 4 will be sometime between now and Friday.

Anyone hear anything yet?
nope, i’ve been anxiously checking here and my email all day too lol. i tried calling the admissions office to ask but had to leave a voicemail. maybe they needed more time to deliberate and will send them out monday? also i interviewed 1/16 and i’m not sure if i’d even be considered yet for this round.

I received an acceptance letter earlier this morning! Make sure to check your promotions tab in gmail because that's where my letter ended up. I'm a TX resident and interviewed on Dec. 3.

Reactions: 5 users
I received an acceptance letter earlier this morning! Make sure to check your promotions tab in gmail because that's where my letter ended up. I'm a TX resident and interviewed on Dec. 3.

Congratulations!! That's awesome!
How long do you have to respond?

Just a quick question...I haven’t updated my grades on TMDSAS for last semester yet. Will that affect the admissions’ decision to accept me?

Has anyone that interviewed in January been accepted?
I think people that interviewed in January will probably start to hear back by next round (which hopefully is in two weeks).

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed on or past December 17th heard back yet? Or will we begin hearing back in the next round?

I interviewed Dec. 10th and I haven't heard back yet. Anyone have an idea of how many more rounds of acceptances they're gonna send out?

Does anyone know how many acceptances go out per round?

anyone know how many rounds of acceptances Houston sends out? and how spots are still open?

Has anyone who interviewed on or past December 17th heard back yet? Or will we begin hearing back in the next round?
did the people that liked this do so because the answer is yes, or because you have the same question?

I interviewed 1/30/20 and I can confirm that my group was the last interview group to be interviewed for this cycle, faculties that day told us.

I interviewed 1/30/20 and I can confirm that my group was the last interview group to be interviewed for this cycle, faculties that day told us.
Did they happen to tell you when the next round of acceptances comes out haha?

Did they happen to tell you when the next round of acceptances comes out haha?

They wouldn’t give us a specific date, but they said it’ll be after the previous rounds deposits due date so it should be this upcoming week or the week after. Also they said a few acceptances feb and a few in March “sprinkled here and there”, IDEALLY they said they’d like to have all seats filled by April 1. They also mentioned the committee is meeting about 5 more times (since 1/30) so few more rounds of acceptances left. Another thing, they said about 70-75% of the class is filled already apparently.

Reactions: 5 users
Just got accepted at 10:33 AM. Interviewed on the 9th of January.

Reactions: 7 users
Also accepted 10:33 AM today! Interviewed 1/16 - IS. Houston has always been my #1 choice and a dream come true. This is my 2nd cycle and I didn't even get an interview from here last year. This past year has been filled with constant self-doubt, anxiety, and high stress, which I know all of you can relate to. So please continue to have faith in yourself and take every experience, good or bad, as a learning experience that will prepare you to be better for the next opportunity that comes. Please feel free to message me if you'd like!

Reactions: 13 users
Also accepted 10:33 AM today! Interviewed 1/16 - IS. Houston has always been my #1 choice and a dream come true. This is my 2nd cycle and I didn't even get an interview from here last year. This past year has been filled with constant self-doubt, anxiety, and high stress, which I know all of you can relate to. So please continue to have faith in yourself and take every experience, good or bad, as a learning experience that will prepare you to be better for the next opportunity that comes. Please feel free to message me if you'd like!
Lol I can genuinely read the depth of excitement in this post and it makes me excited for you! It is always good to see hard work pay off, congratulations!!

Reactions: 2 users
Lol I can genuinely read the depth of excitement in this post and it makes me excited for you! It is always good to see hard work pay off, congratulations!!
Awww thank you!! Yes those words are loaded with a ton of emotion lol. Like I mentioned, pm me and I would be more than happy to share more of my personal experiences/improving my application with y'all!