***The Official UTSD-Houston Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Did it seem like a mass email? Does anyone know if they normally send out all the rejections for the cycle at one time?
Not sure. It looks like last year they may have sent out rejections all at once but it may be different this year with everything going on.

I received the email at 9:21. Good luck to everyone who’s still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
Dr. Cooley did say they send out rejections when class is full. Do y’all think it is and at this point they are deciding waitlist?:(

Dr. Cooley did say they send out rejections when class is full. Do y’all think it is and at this point they are deciding waitlist?:(

I'm not sure, when did he say that? Also it's not consistent with previous years because they have sent out acceptances after they sent rejections in the past.

But then again, this year is nothing like previous years lol

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected!! As of 1:15 pm

I interviewed mid January

I'm sorry to hear that! Thank you for continuing to update us. Wishing you all the best!

It’s all good. I’ve been accepted to an out of state school so it’s been sucky just being in limbo. In state would have been nice but that’s not apart of my plan I guess!

Reactions: 5 users
It’s all good. I’ve been accepted to an out of state school so it’s been sucky just being in limbo. In state would have been nice but that’s not apart of my plan I guess!

That's awesome!! Congrats on the OOS acceptance, regardless you're going to be a dentist! Good luck on your future endeavors :)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's awesome!! Congrats on the OOS acceptance, regardless you're going to be a dentist! Good luck on your future endeavors :)

Thank you!! Good luck to you too!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected!! As of 1:15 pm

I interviewed mid January
Thanks for letting us know. Appreciate how everyone has been helpful in that way. Good luck to you in your dental journey :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was rejected around 9 this morning as well, OOS. I interviewed on December 3rd. Fortunately, I already was blessed with an acceptance elsewhere, and even if I was interested in going here, at least now I know where I'll be going this summer. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Reactions: 8 users
For all the people got “rejection letter” today, do y’all think it could be just a April Fool’s day joke? The timing is so odd.

For all the people got “rejection letter” today, do y’all think it could be just a April Fool’s day joke? The timing is so odd.

The thought crossed my mind but I don't think there's any way a dental school would actually do that.

The thought crossed my mind but I don't think there's any way a dental school would actually do that.
Right, that’s true, but I just don’t think they send out rejection this early when the spots are probably not filled up yet. I thought they are still sending out acceptances. Rejection letters were out in Mid May last year I heard.

Right, that’s true, but I just don’t think they send out rejection this early when the spots are probably not filled up yet. I thought they are still sending out acceptances. Rejection letters were out in Mid May last year I heard.

My friend got into the last year's cycle! They also sent out rejections 1 week before their final acceptance round. I believe it was Mid-march on Wednesday and exactly 1 week after they sent out acceptances for their final round. A few weeks after their final acceptance round, they sent out an alternative list depending on how many spots they have. For the people that didn't make it into the class or alternative list, I'm thinking they got their rejection letter in May. Since they didn't sent out any acceptances in March, I'm assuming that this upcoming one is their final acceptance round (I'm guessing next Wednesday? but who knows with coronavirus going on). From my understanding, I called mid March before the school closed for spring break, and they said their class is still not full yet. No acceptances since, so one last wave coming!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Lol what a horrible April fool's joke.

Sent from my SM-G975U using SDN mobile

Anyone tried to contact the school for admission status? They aren't answering phones and aren't replying to emails. Honestly just wanna know when we will hear back.

I just received an email about being on the alternate list. “The class is currently deposited to capacity” I interviewed in January.

Just got the email that I'm wait listed. The email also says the "class is currently deposited to capacity." So for anyone else waiting to hear back... looks like the class is full?

I just got accepted! Interviewed in January. Email received around 1pm. Good luck to you all in your dental journey!!

Reactions: 6 users
I also got the waitlist email. I will be emailing to remove myself from the waitlist for SA. Goodluck to everyone!

Accepted
But i may go somewhere else so my spot may be available. I'll decide April 9th.

For those of your who were placed on the alternative list but already have another Texas acceptance, Dr. Cooley has told me that they will be automatically taken off the alternative list after May 1st. Best of luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Last edited: