***The Official UWSoD Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by postpitadh
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone from the first interview group have any feedback from your weekend at UW? I have mine coming up and I'm super excited.
 
Anyone from the first interview group have any feedback from your weekend at UW? I have mine coming up and I'm super excited.
I just did it this last weekend and all I have to say is don't stress about it. There is no right or wrong answers to the prompts and no way to prepare for the questions. All my interviewers were pretty engaging in the conversations, which made the time fly by during the conversations. If you happen to run out of things to talk about in regards to the prompts, don't be afraid to ask the interviewers questions about themselves and their experiences.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just did it this last weekend and all I have to say is don't stress about it. There is no right or wrong answers to the prompts and no way to prepare for the questions. All my interviewers were pretty engaging in the conversations, which made the time fly by during the conversations. If you happen to run out of things to talk about in regards to the prompts, don't be afraid to ask the interviewers questions about themselves and their experiences.

Can I ask how many individual interviews there are? Thank you!
 
Can anyone tell me what is this email all about? Anyone have prior experiences?

"Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only..."
 
Can anyone tell me what is this email all about? Anyone have prior experiences?

"Your application to the Oregon Health & Science University School of Dentistry has completed its initial assessment and has progressed to the next phase of review. Your application is amongst a highly competitive pool, which we typically select from to participate in the interview process. You will be notified in writing should you be selected as an interview candidate. Interviews are by invitation only..."

Wrong school thread.
 
So is it true that UWSOD wants to fill up the class before the new year? So that here are no post-December interviews?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
did anyone got confirmation between the supplemental and them receiving the fee ? I got the supplemental received email but it said they didn't get the fee yet... so I'm wondering if I should expect another email...
 
did anyone got confirmation between the supplemental and them receiving the fee ? I got the supplemental received email but it said they didn't get the fee yet... so I'm wondering if I should expect another email...
I didn't get an email letting me know they received either one. I ended up calling about the check and they confirmed it for me.
 
So I've only heard about 2 interview dates in September and then 1 in January. Does anyone know if there are going to be any more pre December interview dates?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Anyone have insight about what does it mean specifically for UWSOD when the status on AADSAS changes to received/application complete?
Invitation for secondary 09/22
supplemental received email: 10/04
Fee received email 10/11 (after calling them to make sure)
today no email from them but a status change on the portal...
meaningless ?
 
Anyone have insight about what does it mean specifically for UWSOD when the status on AADSAS changes to received/application complete?
Invitation for secondary 09/22
supplemental received email: 10/04
Fee received email 10/11 (after calling them to make sure)
today no email from them but a status change on the portal...
meaningless ?
I just got the same update? I've never seen that before either.
 
Hey guys I have an interview coming up on Nov 3rd and 4th. Any tips? I'm really scared and excited, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I have an interview coming up on Nov 3rd and 4th. Any tips? I'm really scared and excited, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I disagree with oskar. Read up on current trends and issues in dentistry. Have your own beliefs, be well-informed. Yes be yourself and be confident, but you can prepare. Don't go in blind, obviously.
 
Last edited:
I disagree with oskar. Read up on current trends and issues in dentistry. Have your own beliefs, be well-informed. Yes be yourself and be confident, but you can prepare. Don't go in blind, obviously.
Disagree all you would like. They won't ask him anything dental related and he won't have much of an opportunity to talk about himself. I know this because I did the interview all ready.
 
I am a CA resident and applied mid June. Should I call to show my interest or at this point am I basically at a loss?
oGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.87
DAT: 20 AA

Last I heard was 8/31 saying thank you for applying and they will contact me when they require further materials.
 
I am a CA resident and applied mid June. Should I call to show my interest or at this point am I basically at a loss?
oGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.87
DAT: 20 AA

Last I heard was 8/31 saying thank you for applying and they will contact me when they require further materials.

At 500K+ it's not worth OOS tuition.
 
Last edited:
I am a CA resident and applied mid June. Should I call to show my interest or at this point am I basically at a loss?
oGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.87
DAT: 20 AA

Last I heard was 8/31 saying thank you for applying and they will contact me when they require further materials.
Did you get the Supp yet?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a CA resident and applied mid June. Should I call to show my interest or at this point am I basically at a loss?
oGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.87
DAT: 20 AA

Last I heard was 8/31 saying thank you for applying and they will contact me when they require further materials.
I'm in the same boat except Alabama resident so I think I'm pretty much out of the count. I'd love to go here but I think what was said earlier about the oos tuition is pretty rough