****The Official VCU Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

According to the AADSAS portal, I got an offer to VCU!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'M INNNNN!!!! WOOOHOOOOO! By far the best day ever!

CONGRATS GUYS! We should all make a facebook group for c/o 2016!!!
:highfive:

OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:banana::banana::zip::zip::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap::highfive::highfive:

See you all there!

Members don't see this ad :)
today on aadsas changed to offer made

Accepted, yes!! I have been waiting for this for so long, so excited to be heading to VCU next summer. :D
Congrats everybody

Dr. Healy said he would accept AP credits, especially English ...right?

Pretty sure AP credits are not a problem, because I've got quite a few and I checked before I applied to schools.

Last edited:
Pretty sure AP credits are not a problem, because I've got quite a few and I checked before I applied to schools.

awesome! just wanted to verify before i drop an english class next semester. :D

I hope to be a part of this group very soon. My interview is on 12/6.......:xf:

Can't wait to see everyone in August VCU Class of 2016

Boston 88,

Did you decide not to come to VCU? I saw on predents.com you aren't on the "attending" list anymore.

Does anyone know what time to expect anything today? I know that December 1st rounds had been forwarded to AADSAS a few days in advance. I'm wondering if VCU has yet to send this round to AADSAS since I see that no one has written about hearing any news today, and it's already 8 am (although it will list the time I posted as being after 6 am)

Last edited:
Does anyone know what time to expect anything today? I know that December 1st rounds had been forwarded to AADSAS a few days in advance. I'm wondering if VCU has yet to send this round to AADSAS since I see that no one has written about hearing any news today, and it's already 8 am...

wondering the same thing... :xf:

Yea not sure. I was told that they would make phone calls today though, so I have it glued to my body. Everybody update the rest of us if you hear? Good luck everyone

Yea not sure. I was told that they would make phone calls today though, so I have it glued to my body. Everybody update the rest of us if you hear? Good luck everyone

Good luck to you as well. Hope we get in!

is it an all or nothing event? does it change to offer made to everyone who was accepted or is it go by a couple people at a time...

I hope its the latter, still no change for me either..

Looks like I will have to continue to wait. Does anyone have any information in terms of how many offers were made today, what percentage of the class is full, or even any info on VCU's strategy (i.e. are they profiling the offers made based on in vs out of state or international status, gender, etc?). I'm getting nervous bc I had a September interview, have 3.97 sci GPA, 3.51 overall GPA, DAT 20AA, in-state, 150 hrs volunteering... I do no feel entitled to an offer but I don't think it would be a long shot either. Just concerned because i am head over heels in love with the school and know that it is a great fit for me. I will continue to be patient and remain hopeful.

Looks like I will have to continue to wait. Does anyone have any information in terms of how many offers were made today, what percentage of the class is full, or even any info on VCU's strategy (i.e. are they profiling the offers made based on in vs out of state or international status, gender, etc?). I'm getting nervous bc I had a September interview, have 3.97 sci GPA, 3.51 overall GPA, DAT 20AA, in-state, 150 hrs volunteering... I do no feel entitled to an offer but I don't think it would be a long shot either. Just concerned because i am head over heels in love with the school and know that it is a great fit for me. I will continue to be patient and remain hopeful.

I'm OOS, reapplicant. From what I remember the next round of offers comes mid Feb, after the 15 day deadline that the Feb 1 offers have to put down. Good luck!

i'm in the same boat man I thought I was a really strong applicant 3.9 gpa 21 AA and 100+ hours of shadowing and instate. Its kind of a mystery what they are looking for and probably some dumb luck. I'm just preparing now for next cycle.

I mean come on......can I get some love. That "invited for interview" status is taunting me....and I guess it will continue to taunt me for the next two weeks. I guess all I can hope for now is D.5?

Oh darn. This is torture :( My status didn't change either. I was really hoping for a change today just so I can stop worrying. Guess not. I keep refreshing the page, hoping for a change lol.

For those who got in today, CONGRATS! The wait is over! Would you all mind sharing ur stats (GPA, DAT, interview date, in state or out) with us please?

offer made and planning to attend!
UVa GPA: 3.37 (combined with community college GPA to make 3.5)
DAT- AA:20, TS:18, PAT:20
Interviewed Oct 31
In state

Just FYI, those who got Feb 1 acceptances have until 2/16 to put in a deposit. I would guess the next round of acceptances is after that

i just interviewed there and they said 2/21 is the day to be checking your status.

Has anyone heard anything today? I interviewed a few weeks ago and was told today would be the day to check for an offer made status online. :confused:

Nothing. Do you remember when they said they would be making offers for the D.5 program?

i remember at my interview Dr. Healy saying he would make D.5 offers in mid March or later, and those are strictly via phone call

I dont remember him mentioning when offers would be made for D.5. I was wondering if the storm in Richmond may have delayed the admissions committee from meeting.

One of my friend got in 2/21. I didnt...

I have now no hope... I called today she said no more official admission date.
but there will be alternate/d.5 in mid-march...

So sad :( it was only place i was expecting from...