-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official VCU Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****
Started by tinman831
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
One of my friend got in 2/21. I didnt...
I have now no hope... I called today she said no more official admission date.
but there will be alternate/d.5 in mid-march...
So sad 🙁 it was only place i was expecting from...
Did they get a call?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone else remember Dr. Healy saying most people on the alternative list get off off of it? and I guess facebook is not a good representation of the actual number of people going to VCU since the class of 16 group only has 48 members
Does anyone else remember Dr. Healy saying most people on the alternative list get off off of it? and I guess facebook is not a good representation of the actual number of people going to VCU since the class of 16 group only has 48 members
that's what I remember, but also that the list was small. I wanna say maybe 10 people on the list, and typically 7-8 get pulled from it, but obviously that can vary yr to yr
that's what I remember, but also that the list was small. I wanna say maybe 10 people on the list, and typically 7-8 get pulled from it, but obviously that can vary yr to yr
Phone call on 2/24.... Placed on Alternate List
Phone call on 2/24.... Placed on Alternate List
Same here. On Alternate List. Was called 2/24 evening time. OOS
Anyone know if D5 was also decided?
Are they starting to give out alternate spots and D.5? I see on predents.com that some people have been waitlisted.
I don't know specifics, except that the student did a non science major undergrad and has spent the last few years working in a dental related job.
I was talking to a current D.5 who heard 3/10 last year so there is def still time. I think their spring break is march 12-16, so I'm guessing they will do all the D.5 handouts before then?
keeping my fingers crossed :/
I was talking to a current D.5 who heard 3/10 last year so there is def still time. I think their spring break is march 12-16, so I'm guessing they will do all the D.5 handouts before then?
keeping my fingers crossed :/
just got an emial from Dr. Healy saying both alt list and D5 are still in the process of being devised. he said if you dont hear anything by end of March we can meet and talk about how to improve me app.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed admissions this afternoon and asked and he responded a few hours later. I still think they pretty much are all set though, I mean technically people still have a shot of getting on alt list of D5 but thats just because they havent sent a formal rejection yet
I emailed admissions this afternoon and asked and he responded a few hours later. I still think they pretty much are all set though, I mean technically people still have a shot of getting on alt list of D5 but thats just because they havent sent a formal rejection yet
Hi, what do you mean by all set? I saw on PreDents that they sent out rejections today
they did not have interviews though
I'm kinda confused though...
Do they not decide all 10 (or x amount) of their potential D.5 students and then call them to offer them a D.5 spot? If someone got a call yesterday then I don't see how the list is being still being devised?
The only way I can think of it is I'm guessing that they call one person at a time, and if they qualify to accept the D.5 position they get it, if not the committee meets again and selects the next person? I dunno---that doesn't seem right
Ahhh
Do they not decide all 10 (or x amount) of their potential D.5 students and then call them to offer them a D.5 spot? If someone got a call yesterday then I don't see how the list is being still being devised?
The only way I can think of it is I'm guessing that they call one person at a time, and if they qualify to accept the D.5 position they get it, if not the committee meets again and selects the next person? I dunno---that doesn't seem right
Ahhh
I think they do decide and call all at one time but you probably have people who decline or will decline if they hear from other schools so everyone still interviewed still has a chance to be on the list or get D5, if that makes sense. thats just a guess though, i doubt they go person by person
I was wait listed via phone back on 2/24. Have not heard anything yet but I'm trying to stay optimistic because already one person on this forum has been made an offer. Dr. Healy stressed the point that the wait list is a good place to be so keeping my fingers crossed. Anyone with insight of the wait list your posts are welcomed.
I withdrew my application. I was on the alternate list. Hope everyone on the alternate list gets in. Good luck !
I was accepted off of the alternate list on 3/15🙂 🙂Good luck everyone
Congrats skidoo... 👍👍
I was accepted off of the alternate list on 3/15🙂 🙂Good luck everyone
Congrats!! 🙂 Btw are you in state or OOS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed Dr. healy today and he basically said im still an active applicant since I interviewed, and would be until the entire class had officially deposited. I'm still not exactly sure what this means though...guess it's better than a rejection though.
I guess he meant that VCU already accepted 100% of their class but some people havent put down their 2nd deposit yet. He is waiting for their decision before he can do anything else.
Just my 2 cents 🙂

Just got accepted this afternoon and I will be attending! looking forward to working with all of you soon!
Congrats man! Looking at ur predent page I think we were in the same interview group.
Congrats man! Looking at ur predent page I think we were in the same interview group.
i believe we were in the same group. i'm also from north carolina, but i've been living in utah for undergrad. where are you planning to attend?
Hi future dentists!
I'm currently a rising third year pharmacy student looking for a roommate for this June. I'll be looking in the Church Hill area which is close to school with a budgetof 500-600 a month.
I've actually found a nice 3br/2.5bath house a little over a mile away from school for $1300 a month. They wont let me put in an application without roommates to meet their salary requirements. Please reply asap if anybody is intersted, I think this place will go fast.
I'm currently a rising third year pharmacy student looking for a roommate for this June. I'll be looking in the Church Hill area which is close to school with a budgetof 500-600 a month.
I've actually found a nice 3br/2.5bath house a little over a mile away from school for $1300 a month. They wont let me put in an application without roommates to meet their salary requirements. Please reply asap if anybody is intersted, I think this place will go fast.
Congrats to all of you coming to VCU! I'll be TA'ing you in operative/Dent Sim next year, so watch out! haha...enjoy your summer and let me know if I can help with questions. Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Scotty
Scotty
Similar threads
- Replies
- 36
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K