****The Official VCU class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Changedude21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I didn't see a thread for the class of 2018, so here it is. Who else is applying? To start things off, my app is complete and under review. Anyone know when they usually start inviting for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Everyone! I didn't see a thread for the class of 2018, so here it is. Who else is applying? To start things off, my app is complete and under review. Anyone know when they usually start inviting for interviews?

When did you submit your aadsas and by that do you mean you already filled your supplemental also?

I submitted on 6/18 and was mailed in the second batch (07/05). I got an "Application is complete and under review" email on that same day. I had mailed my check and photo at the same time that I submitted my app. And the supplemental application is only sent to people who receive an interview right? So I think I have everything done and am waiting for an interview invitation and they should send the supplemental with the invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone! Earliest interview invites are sent out in early September.

I submitted on 6/18 and was mailed in the second batch (07/05). I got an "Application is complete and under review" email on that same day. I had mailed my check and photo at the same time that I submitted my app. And the supplemental application is only sent to people who receive an interview right? So I think I have everything done and am waiting for an interview invitation and they should send the supplemental with the invitation.

Did you send a hardcopy of the picture?
I emailed them to see whether I can send a digital copy, but no luck yet.

Yea, I sent a hardcopy of the picture with my check around the same time I submitted my app. I'm not sure if you can send a digital copy, but if you still need to send your fee, I would send the hardcopy photo with the fee.

I would just send a hard copy. They need it so that they can attach a picture to your application file if they select and interview you. In a pool of thousands of other applications, you're saving them a headache of loading your picture onto Photoshop, resizing it, printing it out on their money, and shuffling for your application. You don't want to come off as someone who does not want the school's acceptance enough to be accommodating.

I applied to VCU also! Hopefully will hear back soon!

Reactions: 1 user
Changedude21

Are you talking about an e-mail like this?
And we get the supp at the same time we get an interview invite? not before?

Also, how do I check the status on my AADSAS ?

Dear eri3,
Your application is now considered COMPLETE. We have received your DAT scores, letters of recommendations, application fee and photo and included them in your file.
We will review your application in a timely fashion. In the event you are granted an interview, our admissions office will forward a formal invitation by mail and change your AADSAS status to "Invite for Interview." We highly discourage applicants from calling our office to find out if you have been selected for an interview.
Please note that supplemental applications are ONLY sent to those applicants selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest our dental school.
Congratulations on a bright future.

Sincerely,
VCU School of Dentistry Admissions Committee

Changedude21

Are you talking about an e-mail like this?
And we get the supp at the same time we get an interview invite? not before?

Also, how do I check the status on my AADSAS ?

Dear eri3,
Your application is now considered COMPLETE. We have received your DAT scores, letters of recommendations, application fee and photo and included them in your file.
We will review your application in a timely fashion. In the event you are granted an interview, our admissions office will forward a formal invitation by mail and change your AADSAS status to "Invite for Interview." We highly discourage applicants from calling our office to find out if you have been selected for an interview.
Please note that supplemental applications are ONLY sent to those applicants selected for interviews.
Thank you for your interest our dental school.
Congratulations on a bright future.

Sincerely,
VCU School of Dentistry Admissions Committee

Yes, that same email. and as it says in the email, you get a supplemental if you are chosen for an interview. and aadsas usually updates under "school decisions" tab but mine has not yet. I'm sure it will update soon though.

I haven't been able to get my picture printed.. Fack.
Need to do that this weekend and get it out!

Those are great scores Changedude21. What did you use to study for Sciences?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
They emailed me a few weeks ago asking me to send in an additional letter of rec from a dentist because the one already in my committee letter didn't count. GREAT :scared: Other than a confirmation afterwards, haven't heard from them since. So they're definitely looking at our apps.

Nothing yet. All I know is that my application was considered complete.

They emailed me a few weeks ago asking me to send in an additional letter of rec from a dentist because the one already in my committee letter didn't count. GREAT :scared: Other than a confirmation afterwards, haven't heard from them since. So they're definitely looking at our apps.

That bites and it is frustrating! I am sorry to hear that. :)

Just received an interview invite via email! :) I guess they are moving faster this year- they just switched from Dr. Healy to a new admissions director. Super excited! I'm an in-state student.

Just received an interview invite via email! :) I guess they are moving faster this year- they just switched from Dr. Healy to a new admissions director. Super excited! I'm an in-state student.

Congratulations Wazian!

Congrats Wazian2018! Do you know the name of the new admissions director? Last week I faxed my DAT scores to Dr. Healy so hopefully he passes them on.

Received an email saying they are missing a letter of reccomendation from a second science professor. I had a science committee letter sent, does anyone know from previous experience if this can count as two science professors? My college is pretty small so most of the teachers Ive had or are close with are in this committee and contributed to the letter

In-state as well- I think they might only be giving interviews to in-state people at this point because when I called I was specifically asked if I was in-state and if traveling to Richmond would be easy for me before they gave me possible interview dates.

Last edited:
I'm am out of state, and I also received an invitation for interview yesterday. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats to those who received invites! Which batch were you guys in, if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats to the people who landed the interview. When did you guys submit your application? I submitted mine in late June/early July and I was really hoping for an interview as well. Maybe they have already looked over my application :confused:

Congrats to the people who landed the interview. When did you guys submit your application? I submitted mine in late June/early July and I was really hoping for an interview as well. Maybe they have already looked over my application :confused:

I got an app complete and under review email on 7/16 (after an email asking for DAT scores on 7/10)

For those who received interviews, did you receive a supplemental?

Does anyone know whether VCU puts your application on hold if you checked "retaking DAT" box on the AADSAS application?

Got a happy little invite email today.:) As for a secondary, there is nothing new with the invite email.

School: VCU
Notification date: 8/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: UTAH
AADSAS mail-out date: July 5th
GPA (science, overall): 3.58/3.67
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/23/24/none

Me too! Hopefully another four years in Richmond lol.

School: VCU
Notification date: 8/20
Method of notification: Email
Residency: VA
AADSAS mail-out date: 4th
GPA (science, overall): 3.55/3.63
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/22/21/18/none

Congratulations on the invites! When did you guys got the "application complete" e-mail from VCU?

Is anyone able to see anything in your AADSAS application portal under "School Decisions"? When i applied last year, I were able to see all the schools i applied to and my application status (for example "invited to interview") , but this year my page is blank and I applied in late June.

Is anyone able to see anything in your AADSAS application portal under "School Decisions"? When i applied last year, I were able to see all the schools i applied to and my application status (for example "invited to interview") , but this year my page is blank and I applied in late June.

My page is also blank.

anybody hear anything from this school recently? I'm OOS, got an app complete email like a month ago, haven't heard anything since. Judging by the lack of activity in this thread I don't think they've extended too many invitations yet, hopefully something is coming soon.

removed - sorry I put in wrong thread

Last edited:
Interviewed last week. Filled in Secondary on 7/29 applying early admission. Got the further status end of day Friday 8/16. When I saw "unfortunately" in the wording of the further status, I thought I was toast. But after seeing the threads here that explained the "further" status, I realized it wasn't as bad as I initially thought it was. In fact, I was invited to an interview the following Monday morning. I attended the interview last week. The medical school building is brand new, and it is a very impressive facility.
I am 38 yo computer programmer. Had 3.55 undergrad (in Math/CS), but then took the premed classes at GMU and had 4.0 in the premed classes. I am IS and had 31 MCAT (9 bio, 11 ps, 11 verbal). They said your odds are about 50 / 50 once you make it to the interview level. The interview was with one professor. You then meet with two 4th year students for lunch and then a couple of 2nd year students take you for a tour of campus. The professor did his residency at my alma mater, and we seemed to get along well during the interview. The students, the faculty, and the admissions folks were all friendly and easy going. I will have to wait until 10/1 to find out I guess. Everyone at this level has a great GPA / MCAT / experience so I'm not sure how it will transpire.

...was this supposed to be in the pre-med forum?

VCU has sent out another batch of interviews---I just received one and am in state.

Just got invited through email

In-state (JMU). 3.55o, 3.67sci. 19AA 18TS 30PAT. app sent late July.

Does anyone on this thread have info/tips for the interview? I know someone posted an answer to this on a past thread but I can't find it again. (If you can fid it and post the link that would be helpful) :naughty: