-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official VCU class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****
Started by Changedude21
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Any news?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, anyone have their interview tomorrow?! (Nov. 5th) Getting pretty excited/nervous, any last minute advice from those who've already interviewed?
Anyone who already interviewed see changes on aadsas? Some of my other schools have changed to "Please check back Dec 2" , but nothing from VCU!
Mine just says Invite for interview. I don't think vcu changes.Anyone who already interviewed see changes on aadsas? Some of my other schools have changed to "Please check back Dec 2" , but nothing from VCU!
mine hasn't changed either, which I think unfortunately means I wont hear a decision from VCU on Dec 2nd. Come to think about it, it makes sense that they have to already enter a decision into AADSAS by now if they want to notify you early on Dec 2. They can't just wait until Dec 2 morning to start entering their decision, that would take forever. I wish there are more people that have interviewed at VCU reported their statuses now. Seems like this year, there aren't that many active SDNer s in the VCU thead.
I think VCU made changes, we are not among the ones who got notified of acceptance on Dec 2. Please come back here on Monday to let us know your status.Mine just says Invite for interview. I don't think vcu changes.
we wont be sure until monday comes so lets keep our hopes up!I think VCU made changes, we are not among the ones who got notified of acceptance on Dec 2. Please come back here on Monday to let us know your status.
Since no one posted any status changes, I'm going to stay positive!
I talked to my friend he is D1 at VCU and he didn't see any status update and he got accepted on the Dec 3rd.Since no one posted any status changes, I'm going to stay positive!
My status hasn't changed for VCU either and I interviewed back in October, in addition none of the schools I interviewed at changed. There is still hope! Praying for everyone tomorrow
My status has also not changed from "invite for interview." Let's all stay positive y'all! 🙂 good luck tomorrow!
I am quite happy hearing no one else has the status change for VCU, this gives me some hope! I have been pretty sad hearing other ppl have their statuses changed and i saw no change on mine. From a search on the forum, last year, those that got accepted to VCU had early status chane to "please check back..." so I thought it would be the same this year and i am not just among those who got accepted early
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We will figure out soon enough. Lets hope we all get in and make our parents proud of us!I am quite happy hearing no one else has the status change for VCU, this gives me some hope! I have been pretty sad hearing other ppl have their statuses changed and i saw no change on mine. From a search on the forum, last year, those that got accepted to VCU had early status chane to "please check back..." so I thought it would be the same this year and i am not just among those who got accepted early
IS acceptance as well! My first one 🙂 Yayyy!
ACCEPTED! OOS but I go to VT. Ecstatic!
Accepted to VCU Class of 2018---will deffinitely be in Richmond in the FALL!!! I cant wait to meet everyone🙂 PS if you interviewed with me on 10/15 & got in I would love to hear about it....poppin champs
Last edited:
with your stat, of course you are accepted Wazian. I still remembered you from the DAT breakdown I read back in the summer when I was studying for mine, especially when I noticed you are also from VA. Is VCU your top choice? Are you going to go there?
Thanks!! Not sure yet- I kind of want to get out of VA, but when I get all my offers I'm going to have to sit down and add up all the numbers and figure out how much I'm willing to spend for school.
In state - accepted this morning. Received an email and portal update
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the rest of us who interviewed and didn't get in will have to wait till Feb 1 to hear back I think.
yeah 🙁 Lets not lose hopeSo the rest of us who interviewed and didn't get in will have to wait till Feb 1 to hear back I think.
Haven't heard anything - does this mean Wait Listed? Portal hasn't changed at all.
I hope this is true because VCU is among my top choice.My friend who also interviewed at VCU said that Dr. Gotlieb told them that 50% of students will be selected in december and the other 50% after december. Idk how true this is but it gives me some hope since I also didnt hear back today.
The way my interviewer described it was that applicants are sorted and broken up into 3 or 4 "blocks" based on how competitive their application is. The first block/set gets looked at first and offers are made. Any remainders leftover from that set are moved down into the second 'block' of applicants, where they now are more competitive. And then another wave of offers are made. So on and so forth until the class is filled
And yeah I interviewed Nov 12, and got the acceptance email todayJust out of curiosity did anyone that interview in mid november get an acceptance today?
its rolling admissions we will hear back again on February but after that I think our chances will be very slim.So is it safe to assume that no more acceptances will be sent from VCU to those who didn't receive emails today?
Ugh! That's the problem, Rutgers requires $1500 for deposit before Jan 6 so I would prefer to know about VCU before that. 🙁its rolling admissions we will hear back again on February but after that I think our chances will be very slim.
Mine is LECOM which is $2000 for me. But think about yourself for four years in school that you really want to go. I think $1500 is a little investment for happier future.Ugh! That's the problem, Rutgers requires $1500 for deposit before Jan 6 so I would prefer to know about VCU before that. 🙁
When I interviewed Dr. G said the same thing to us, suggesting it would be rude to interview people if there was not spots available-I agree! In addition, she suggested that if someone was placed on the waitlist in December they would have a very good shot of being accepted. Hope this helps. In addition, I talked to someone from my college and they were in a similar situation. He suggested to me that in addition to doing an update with aadsas that VCU likes to see some initiative and that a personal letter is smiled upon. Now I can't promise anything but it may be something to consider.My friend who also interviewed at VCU said that Dr. Gotlieb told them that 50% of students will be selected in december and the other 50% after december. Idk how true this is but it gives me some hope since I also didnt hear back today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/448721355239618/[/URL]
sorry everyone last post for at least one month I promise, I am way too excited!
sorry everyone last post for at least one month I promise, I am way too excited!
...
Last edited:
That's awesome! I'm still waiting for mine 🙂just got an interview invite today for next week. So excited!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 36
- Views
- 17K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K