***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations! Can you please share your stats and residency? thxs ;)

Interview #2

School: WesternU
Notification date: 12/14
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: WA
AADSAS e-submitted: 6/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Complete application processed: 9/2 (email saying processed and ready for review)
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.2 oGPA: 3.46
DAT: 20 AA/ 20 TS/ 22 PAT/ 21 RC/ 21 GC. Two scores below 20 (score of 18 on QR and O Chem).

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Interview #2

School: WesternU
Notification date: 12/14
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: WA
AADSAS e-submitted: 6/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/8
Complete application processed: 9/2 (email saying processed and ready for review)
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.2 oGPA: 3.46
DAT: 20 AA/ 20 TS/ 22 PAT/ 21 RC/ 21 GC. Only 1 score below 20 (score of 18 on QR).

That's awesome! Hoping to hear back from them as well.

Reactions: 1 users
That's awesome! Hoping to hear back from them as well.

Just edited my stats! Forgot one of my scores and went back and looked. Sorry people! All is totally correct now.
But thank you! I hope you do as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yay, congrats! I'm interviewing on that day too~ Hope to see you there, hahaha :highfive:
Hey I remember you from last year in the post-bacc at Baylor. I hope you get in :) I am also waiting to hear from WesternU. Can you please share your stats with us? thxs

Just received a phone call today for an invitation to interview! yay!
Interview is set for February 4th! (better late than never, amiright?)
Congrats to all that have been accepted thus far!
Any advice for those interviewing? and what is the interview like?
Thank you!

Congrats! I'm interviewing then too. See you there!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Congrats to everyone who got interviews! And for those who haven't heard back yet I hope you hear back soon, not just from WesternU but other schools as well!

I didn't get many of my other interviews till January so hold your head high!

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to everyone who got interviews! And for those who haven't heard back yet I hope you hear back soon, not just from WesternU but other schools as well!

I didn't get many of my other interviews till January so hold your head high!
Thanks for or sharing that info! I thought maybe December was the last month interviews would be scheduled. It's hard sometimes not to get discouraged! Good luck everyone, really hoping we all hear something good soon!

So if you had an interview pre-dec and no acceptance nor rejection, is it safe to assume you've been waitlisted?

Hey I remember you from last year in the post-bacc at Baylor. I hope you get in :) I am also waiting to hear from WesternU. Can you please share your stats with us? thxs

Sorry for the late reply, Dental 4ever. Things have been a bit busy, ahaha. But thanks!! I actually didn't get accepted to the Baylor Post-bacc and have been attending the Midwestern University's Biomedical Science Masters Program in Glendale, Arizona. My undergrad stats are not competitive AT ALL. I have.. like a 3.0sgpa and a 3.15 Non-science GPA :smack: But my first quarter at the Masters Program is a 4.0 so I think that's what got me an interview, yay! Redemption, haha! :clap: My DAT stats are also AA22 and TS 20.

I hope you hear back soon too! Good luck!! :nod:

Also. I changed my interview date to Feb. 10th so if anyone else has the same interview date, I'd love to split the hotel costs with you if you're interested! Let me know~

Just for reference, when I emailed the admissions counselor (Gloria) on 12/23 the automated response said "WesternU will be closed from December 17th through January 1, 2017, re-opening on January 2, 2017." So starting tomorrow it's at least possible to hear from them again. Are 02/04 & 02/10 the last interview dates? Aghh. Really hope to hear from them before it's too late.
SAME HERE! :)

I withdrew my seat here today, hope it goes to one of you. Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just for reference, when I emailed the admissions counselor (Gloria) on 12/23 the automated response said "WesternU will be closed from December 17th through January 1, 2017, re-opening on January 2, 2017." So starting tomorrow it's at least possible to hear from them again. Are 02/04 & 02/10 the last interview dates? Aghh. Really hope to hear from them before it's too late.

When I asked they said February is the last month they will be doing interviews. Not sure whether 2/10 is the last interview date though.

Has anyone seen/made a Facebook group for the c/o 2021?

Do you guys think it's necessary to go to the tour that's offered the day before the interview? I have class on the day of the tour and I don't know if I'd be missing out if I didn't attend it?

Do you guys think it's necessary to go to the tour that's offered the day before the interview? I have class on the day of the tour and I don't know if I'd be missing out if I didn't attend it?
I have an interview this month and nowhere in the email nor in the phone call did they talk about a tour being offered the day before.

I have an interview this month and nowhere in the email nor in the phone call did they talk about a tour being offered the day before.

Maybe it's not offered the day before your date? My interview is the first weekend of February

Are you referring to the tour of the PCC? I did attend the tour of the PCC on Friday before my interview on Saturday, but I certainly don't think it is necessary. You are put into a large group and taken through the clinic. Shortly after that, you are dismissed. I personally don't think you will be missing out, but it may be beneficial to attend and get a feel for the campus.

Just received a phone call today for an invitation to interview! yay!
Interview is set for February 4th! (better late than never, amiright?)
Congrats to all that have been accepted thus far!
Any advice for those interviewing? and what is the interview like?
Thank you!

The interview is very relaxed and lasts for up to 30 minutes in my estimation. (I don't think mine was actually that long.) I was interviewed by a faculty member and a dental student. Some people said it was just a conversation, but mine seemed a bit more structured. I suggest being yourself and really knowing why you want to attend WesternU!

So they ask you typical interview questions for 30 min? Like "why dentistry?" "Why this school?" Etc. nothing that threw you off too much?
Thanks!

The interview is very relaxed and lasts for up to 30 minutes in my estimation. (I don't think mine was actually that long.) I was interviewed by a faculty member and a dental student. Some people said it was just a conversation, but mine seemed a bit more structured. I suggest being yourself and really knowing why you want to attend WesternU!
e

So they ask you typical interview questions for 30 min? Like "why dentistry?" "Why this school?" Etc. nothing that threw you off too much?
Thanks!

e

My interview seemed to be more Q&A, but others said it was just conversational. I think it depends on who interviews you. Nothing really out of the blue. I would just be familiar with the program and be able to comment on the various aspects that you find appealing.

Great, thank you!
My interview seemed to be more Q&A, but others said it was just conversational. I think it depends on who interviews you. Nothing really out of the blue. I would just be familiar with the program and be able to comment on the various aspects that you find appealing.

S

Last edited:
The tour info is emailed I believe a weeek or two before your scheduled date. They have you confirm your date on a survey type page , and indicate your lunch choice. On this same page you indicate if you'll be at the tour!

The tour info is emailed I believe a weeek or two before your scheduled date. They have you confirm your date on a survey type page , and indicate your lunch choice. On this same page you indicate if you'll be at the tour!
I see, this makes sense since I have not received anything and my interview isnt for a few weeks. Well I hope I get this email soon!

Got an "under review still" email right now! I got so excited :'(

Reactions: 2 users
I got the under review email as well, do any of you guys have any insight as to what this means? Is it a soft rejection?

I also got an email saying that they still have my application, possible that ad-com hasn't reviewed it yet or they have made a decision but haven't informed them yet. I got so scared :dead:

Today I got phone call for inviting the interview in Feb. Surprise~~

Sent from my SM-G930V using SDN mobile

Just got the best call ever from Dr. Turchi..I'm in!!!!

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats!! I cant imagine how amazing that must feel! Do you or anyone else know how many In-State spots or general spots they have remaining?

Thank you! I received the call and was in shock and was screaming in my car on the way home lol. I am not sure how many in state spots are remaining, I was surprised I got a call this early. I was expecting one in February, IF ANYTHING.

I got the call from Dr. Turchi on Thursday night as well!! OOS. I'm so excited to meet everyone in August!

Reactions: 2 users
Are they offering anymore interviews?
I called just a few days ago and they told me they are still sending out invites. There are only 2 dates left for February, the 10th being the last. Hopefully, we hear some good news!!

Hi guys I believe they still are. Keep your hopes up and good luck to all of you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.