***The Official Western Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I haven't got an interview invitation yet from WesternUCDM...What does that suppose to mean?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What do you mean by from the panel? February 2017 has not arrived yet and u said that they were interviewed in February.
It's a student panel that is held during lunch for the interview. The panel consisted of D1 and D2 students and I'm guessing a couple said that they were interviewed in february and offered a spot in the class.

It's a student panel that is held during lunch for the interview. The panel consisted of D1 and D2 students and I'm guessing a couple said that they were interviewed in february and offered a spot in the class.
Do you know when they got their invitations?

Feel your anxiety but we don't have those answers. Call the school if you have specific questions.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why is Western taking time to make an ultimate decision? I have not heard from Western yet. Is there still hope and luck?
I honestly have no clue. I'm not familiar with the admissions process at Western University. I would call them if you're very concerned though. I would say there's still hope if you haven't been rejected by them.

Why is Western taking time to make an ultimate decision? I have not heard from Western yet. Is there still hope and luck?
Not sure what your stats are, but I have pretty good numbers and haven't heard back yet either. Just be patient! I'm sure we'll be getting an email soon.

Not sure what your stats are, but I have pretty good numbers and haven't heard back yet either. Just be patient! I'm sure we'll be getting an email soon.
18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 22 GC, 22 OC, 15 RC, 17 BIO, and 17 QR. undergrad gpa is 2.83 overall and masters now is 3.17, but after academic update it will turn to a 3.29.

18 AA, 19 TS, 19 PAT, 22 GC, 22 OC, 15 RC, 17 BIO, and 17 QR. undergrad gpa is 2.83 overall and masters now is 3.17, but after academic update it will turn to a 3.29.
I just checked the Western acceptance statistics on their page, and you have a fair shot. Wishing you the best my man.

All GPAs are a 4 and 24AA
I submitted in mid September if that matters to you
I submitted mines in 2nd week of July. Secondary app in the 3rd week of July. Prereqs worksheet and the application checklist same time.

I checked about a week ago and they said it's still early in the application cycle for them. My friend was interviewed pretty late last year, he got the invite for interview way after dec 1st

I checked about a week ago and they said it's still early in the application cycle for them. My friend was interviewed pretty late last year, he got the invite for interview way after dec 1st
Did your friend get accepted to Western?

May u please tell me ur stats? I had only one interview so far and it is from Meharry.

My science is 3.0 (after a 1 year informal post bacc) and DAT is 19. Overall 3.3. I also applied to Meharry but haven't heard from them.

Do you think that I can get into WesternUCDM with an undergrad gpa of 2.83 overall and a masters gpa of 3.17?

I wish I knew, it's so hard trying to guess what makes them choose who to interview. If Western is your top choice I'd call them and talk with an academic counselor, i have read that they are really helpful and will go over your app with you.

I wish I knew, it's so hard trying to guess what makes them choose who to interview. If Western is your top choice I'd call them and talk with an academic counselor, i have read that they are really helpful and will go over your app with you.

Yea they are helpful. Ask for Dr. Turchi, he is a great help and such a nice person. I am sure he can give you more insight.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yea they are helpful. Ask for Dr. Turchi, he is a great help and such a nice person. I am sure he can give you more insight.

I just spoke with Andrea Nunno and she said that my DATs are good (18 AA, 19 PAT, 19 TS) and my undergrad gpa is a 2.83 overall and now I am doing a masters and my masters gpa is a 3.17, she said that in her opinion that I am doing improvements and that will help my chances of receiving an interview. But after the academic update my grad gpa will change to a 3.29.

<------ Invited in January, interviewed in February, sitting in class right now hahaha.

Due to the small class size, stats aren't everything they also take time to look at other parts of your application if I understand how admissions work. They want a class that meshes well and fits the school values.

Reactions: 3 users
<------ Invited in January, interviewed in February, sitting in class right now hahaha.

Due to the small class size, stats aren't everything they also take time to look at other parts of your application if I understand how admissions work. They want a class that meshes well and fits the school values.
Thank you for giving me hope! WesternU is a great school. Do you mind sharing your stats with us? Also, when in january did you get your invite? Did it take them a long time to give you the decision after the interview ? sorry for all the questions :)

Hi Hi I'm Dent....I think I was sitting in the same class as u.....wat a small world!!!!

Hi Hi I'm Dent....I think I was sitting in the same class as u.....wat a small world!!!!

Whoa man I think you're the same guy that I was hanging out with on our patio. It's like we live together or something. Really small world.

Thank you for giving me hope! WesternU is a great school. Do you mind sharing your stats with us? Also, when in january did you get your invite? Did it take them a long time to give you the decision after the interview ? sorry for all the questions :)

20AA/19TS/23PAT
3.23 BCP GPA

I found out within 2 weeks. Keep in mind my stats don't tell the whole story, I did a post-bacc where I got a 3.9 BCP GPA for a year and a half to boost my grades up too. Don't be concerned about the number of your stats but show that your recent performance has been stellar.

Reactions: 4 users
20AA/19TS/23PAT
3.23 BCP GPA

I found out within 2 weeks. Keep in mind my stats don't tell the whole story, I did a post-bacc where I got a 3.9 BCP GPA for a year and a half to boost my grades up too. Don't be concerned about the number of your stats but show that your recent performance has been stellar.
Is a 3.17 masters gpa stellar since my masters is my recent performance and after the academic update my masters gpa would be a 3.29?

Is a 3.17 masters gpa stellar since my masters is my recent performance and after the academic update my masters gpa would be a 3.29?

That isn't too bad but definitely keep working at it and bring it up as high as possible. If you can end this term with all A's, that's an example of showing how strong you are.

That isn't too bad but definitely keep working at it and bring it up as high as possible. If you can end this term with all A's, that's an example of showing how strong you are.
Do i still have a shot at Western with an undergrad gpa of 2.83 and masters of 3.17/3.29?

Do i still have a shot at Western with an undergrad gpa of 2.83 and masters of 3.17/3.29?
Again I can't say since I'm just a student and I only have a vague idea of how admissions works. Definitely keep up the work and just focus on what you can do now rather than wonder if you will get an interview. I know that might not be what you want to hear but I hope you just take the opportunity to continue to show interest, volunteer, and work hard in your progam.

Again I can't say since I'm just a student and I only have a vague idea of how admissions works. Definitely keep up the work and just focus on what you can do now rather than wonder if you will get an interview. I know that might not be what you want to hear but I hope you just take the opportunity to continue to show interest, volunteer, and work hard in your progam.

I agree with this Hi I'm Dent fellow. He seems like he knows wat he's talking about. Upward trend backed up by dental volunteer experience are important. Being well rounded can get u far. That and luck. Keep yo head up and do the best u can mang!

Status
Not open for further replies.