****The Official Western University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Just wondering.. What was the interview like? Were the qu?estions difficult to answer

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview on feb 4th. I wanted to know how can I increase my chances to get accepted at the interview???

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering if anyone out there, accepted or interviewed, knows how many seats are left for this cycle at Western? Interviewing there on the 4th of Feb. I interviewed at ASDOH and they told us how many deposits they had in when we interviewed so hopefully Western did the same!

Hey Western Peeps,
I wish everyone good luck on today's interview, Ill be talk to you at lunch today :). For people waiting to get into Western, don't worry to much there is still plenty of time to get in. I interviewed last year in mid October and didn't get in until the end of May. There is hope trust me.

For those of you already accepted, CONGRATULATIONS....start brushing up on anatomy and immunology because you hit the ground running...HARD.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

has anyone made a facebook group for our class? Congrats to everyone and looking forward to next year!

im on the alternate list.. got the news today :( congrats to everyone who got accepted..

I am sorry to hear that, but keep your chin up! As others have said, you still have a chance as they offer acceptances all the way into May.

What was the method of contact?

I spoke with Western and they told me that at this point in time approximately 55% of the class has been filled (keep in mind that the numbers may fluctuate, thus may not be totally accurate). The committee is deciding on whether to add any additional interview sessions. Candidates that had already interviewed will be notified by email or phone on the decision of accepted/rejected/alternate. We have to wait a bit longer. Good luck to all.

I spoke with Western and they told me that at this point in time approximately 55% of the class has been filled (keep in mind that the numbers may fluctuate, thus may not be totally accurate). The committee is deciding on whether to add any additional interview sessions. Candidates that had already interviewed will be notified by email or phone on the decision of accepted/rejected/alternate. We have to wait a bit longer. Good luck to all.
Thanks for the info! I was wondering if anybody knows how many ppl got accepted from the alternate list last yr.. And how many ppl r waitlisted this yr.. Anybody?

i got wait listed via letter in the mail. Thought it was a rejection letter at first.. WHY ARE THEY ADDING MORE INTERVIEW GROUPS! why why why!! the waiting game really puts a toll on your nerves.. :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you receive the wait list letter/when was it postmarked? And when was your interview?

my interview date was feb 4th and the letter was postmarked on the 9th of feb!! So crazy how fast it was. But I know of someone who got a rejection also with the same interview date so.. keep your fingers crossed.

Just checked my mail and I also have a wait list letter. I interviewed in November. I'm really happy it wasn't a rejection. Good luck to everyone...check your mail!!!

I also interviewed on the 4th and got an alternate letter today... I hate the waiting game! I really hope they do not do another round of interviews! Has anyone got accepted yet from that interview group?

I also interviewed on the 4th and got an alternate letter today... I hate the waiting game! I really hope they do not do another round of interviews! Has anyone got accepted yet from that interview group?
Just wondering how many ppl were at the feb 4 interviews?

It almost seems like everyone received alternate letter. Did anyone who had an interview receive rejection letter??

It almost seems like everyone received alternate letter. Did anyone who had an interview receive rejection letter??

It would be nice to know how many waitlist positions are offered, considering the letter they sent us says the waitlist is not ranked.

I also received the alternate letter today. When I talked to Western last week, they told me that no rejection letters has been sent in yet. What they told me was that if by this week, you don't get an acceptance or alternate letter, you could be in the rejection group. However, they are still deciding if they should hold another set of interviews and that is why they're holding on to the rejection letters.... but I really wonder how many people are placed in the waiting list...

Does anyone know how many people were put on the alternate list?

I also received an alternate status letter today and I interviewed in November.

It looks like it's going to be tough getting off the waitlist.

I also received the alternate letter today. When I talked to Western last week, they told me that no rejection letters has been sent in yet. What they told me was that if by this week, you don't get an acceptance or alternate letter, you could be in the rejection group. However, they are still deciding if they should hold another set of interviews and that is why they're holding on to the rejection letters.... but I really wonder how many people are placed in the waiting list...

I got a request for interview today. They scheduled me for what they said was the last and only date that they are holding interviews- Feb 24. I imagine that at this late date, interviewees will be told of their fate rather quickly and alternates will start to be accepted shortly after....

I am an alternate, got the letter in the mail today.

It would be nice to know how many waitlist positions are offered, considering the letter they sent us says the waitlist is not ranked.
I've called them yesterday and they said some were also rejected... But they have ~200 ppl on the alternate list. It seems like it will be tough to get off the list... So sad..

Yeah.. But I am not sure if that's the total # of letters sent or total # of ppl who accepted the alternate spot.. They are doing more interview as well so... Iono...

I really don't understand why they did this! I would rather have waited a little longer for them to make a decision than put everyone on the alternate list! Good luck everyone!

Wonder how many ppl got off waitlist last yr. anyone knows?

Just wondering if there's anyone who hasn't heard back from the Feb 4th interview?

I've called them yesterday and they said some were also rejected... But they have ~200 ppl on the alternate list. It seems like it will be tough to get off the list... So sad..

Considering that It's a new school and it's private, I'm sure most people who get an acceptance from another school will give up their spot at Western and they will move though a large portion of the alternate list. I already declined my spot so that's one more for you guys. Good luck!

Hi, I interviewed on Feb. 4th as well. They told me in the interview that we would either know something sometime soon, or it could take awhile before a decision is made. They called me on the 9th and let me know I was in. I didn't think I was going to hear anything for quite some time! I wish the best of luck to everyone! :)

Last edited:

Not exactly sure where people are getting their numbers from, but when I called the admissions office today, all they said was we can expect to hear back as late as August.

When I asked in regards to the size of the alternate list, they said that they are unable to provide that information to the public.

Forgot to ask about weather or not their class was full - I will probably call back later today and ask.

Hey guys, I just interviewed today in the final group. I was quite impressed. I really, really hope I get in. We were told that we would hear back in two weeks from today, and if not, to call them. She said they won't be able to give you their decision over the phone, but I guess they'll mail it to you again. I don't know if the two weeks applies only to us who interviewed today or to the people who haven't heard back. As far as seats, I didn't get a straight answer, but I think there are at least 20 seats still open. Also, I was told that everyone got in off the alternate list last year (though I would be amazed if they started out with 200, even if many declined). I hope I'm not setting anyone up for disappointment (myself included). :-\

Hey guys, I just interviewed today in the final group. I was quite impressed. I really, really hope I get in. We were told that we would hear back in two weeks from today, and if not, to call them. She said they won't be able to give you their decision over the phone, but I guess they'll mail it to you again. I don't know if the two weeks applies only to us who interviewed today or to the people who haven't heard back. As far as seats, I didn't get a straight answer, but I think there are at least 20 seats still open. Also, I was told that everyone got in off the alternate list last year (though I would be amazed if they started out with 200, even if many declined). I hope I'm not setting anyone up for disappointment (myself included). :-\

Yeah. I interviewed there back in Sept and I loved it. If you don't mind me asking, who told you everyone got in from alternate list last yr? I am waitlisted there. I would love it to happen again this yr... :/ Anyways, thank you for the info. It really helps.

Has anyone else here heard back from any February interviews?

I'd give it another week before I really start freaking out - As you have said Tirekicker, they will get back to the February interviewers within 2 weeks, and it has only been 1. Unfortunately, I interviewed back in October so I guess it doesn't apply to me :cool:

Keep us posted - Good luck! :xf:

Congrats you two!

-OCDFlosser, when did you interview? Back in February or pre-Dec1st?

Yay! I got the call too! See you guys in the fall! :D

Congrats everyone!!!! Look forward to meeting everyone in the fall. Make sure everyone joins the facebook group too. :)