****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

joojoo2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
Please use this thread to post interview/acceptance updates.
www.westernu.edu

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything? I submitted my secondary July 30th.

My entire application was complete as of July 25th. I think they are still reviewing applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email that they are finally reviewing applications! Interviews invites should begin shortly!!! :highfive:

Anyone else receive an email from the director of admissions? I received one today. It just says that they are reviewing applications and will be giving interview invitations soon (via phone).

Anyone else receive an email from the director of admissions? I received one today. It just says that they are reviewing applications and will be giving interview invitations soon (via phone).

yep! heart skipped a beat when i saw the e-mail, they need to quit sending so many "we are now reviewing" e-mails!:scared:

I can't stand Western's emails..........

They are always informative... But they always start like an interview invitation!

Each time, my heart stops and then slowly starts again as I read that it is indeed not an invitation.

I can't stand Western's emails..........

They are always informative... But they always start like an interview invitation!

Each time, my heart stops and then slowly starts again as I read that it is indeed not an invitation.

same here, i received that email and was like :eek:

Can anyone tell us what is the subject of the email? I received an email saying they received my application form AADSAS and application in review...... nothing else... is this the same email you received?

Can anyone tell us what is the subject of the email? I received an email saying they received my application form AADSAS and application in review...... nothing else... is this the same email you received?

subject : WESTERNU Update

The email that you received is the 2nd email.

the 3rd email we got started out like this:

Greetings from WesternU Admissions! I hope you are having a great summer. I just wanted to let you know that the Admissions Committee has started reviewing applications and we hope to begin inviting candidates for interviews soon. We typically interview from mid-September through early February. Should you be selected for an interview, we will call you to coordinate a convenient interview date.

IMPORTANT:
When the Admissions Committee reviews your application, they consider all in-progress/planned coursework (including both prerequisite and non-prerequisite courses) as well as any degree in progress when making their decision. Any change your plans must be submitted to the Committee for review and approval. If you are ultimately accepted to the program and you do not finish your planned degree or coursework as listed on your application, your admission could be affected.

Just got a call from Admissions for an interview on the 15th of Sep!!!!

PRAISE GOD!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call today too, I was working and it went to voicemail. I am pretty pumped, my first invite. I'm calling to schedule tomorrow, what was the earliest date available?

I completed it the of 15th July, my AADSAS app was submitted around that same time, but I only sent them my DAT scores like last week, my scores still aren't official.

did anyone get the email confirming the interview date yet?

I did. Is the 15th of Sept. the first day of interviews? Does anyone know? They didn't seem like they wanted to offer any other dates, the 15th was the only day she mentioned and it worked for me so I didn't ask what else there was.

I did. Is the 15th of Sept. the first day of interviews? Does anyone know? They didn't seem like they wanted to offer any other dates, the 15th was the only day she mentioned and it worked for me so I didn't ask what else there was.

That's probably the first interview day. Same sort of deal as last year. Sept 24 was the first day then. They offered one date like they were just filling in one date at a time. I even hinted at the afternoon instead of the morning and she didn't seem to like that. She made it seem as if that was the only date for now. I wasn't about to get off the phone without a scheduled interview. I just agreed to it and made it work...even skipped my brother's wedding for it.

Yeah she said we have one more spot for the 7am check in time otherwise you will have to check in at 11...I'll take the 11 thanks.

When should we be expecting to hear back from Western? Mine was complete early June. and received the email on aug 14th stating everything is complete and wait to hear about interview invitation

I said I couldn't make the 15th and got offered the 29th instead!

When should we be expecting to hear back from Western? Mine was complete early June. and received the email on aug 14th stating everything is complete and wait to hear about interview invitation

Im also anxiously waiting to hear from westernU. My lors were mailed out on 8/3 (the last thing on my apps), and I also got the same email on aug 14th. I live like 35-40 min away from pomona....gimme a call already ;x:mad:

Im also anxiously waiting to hear from westernU. My lors were mailed out on 8/3 (the last thing on my apps), and I also got the same email on aug 14th. I live like 35-40 min away from pomona....gimme a call already ;x:mad:

i'm glad that a fellow uci student hasn't gotten one yet (but you definitely will) :p if someone with good stats like yours hasn't received an invite yet, then i should not be worried at all yet. i have average gpa but good dat, however my lors were all sent out pretty early.

My completed app was submitted the same day as u. I think they might be going in order by date, and haven't got to our apps yet. I will let you know if I hear anything!

66% OOS acceptance rate for this beautiful school?

i'm glad that a fellow uci student hasn't gotten one yet (but you definitely will) :p if someone with good stats like yours hasn't received an invite yet, then i should not be worried at all yet. i have average gpa but good dat, however my lors were all sent out pretty early.

Hi there! are you from UCI too?
I actually have a couple of invites so far already but tbh i wanna stay close to home and my relatives in CA and im guessing westernU is the first one on my list of 4 ca schools to send out invites.
my apps got sent out on 2nd batch but lors were sent out on 6th batch...hopefully we both gonna hear somethings soon :xf:

I am from Socal too...but I got a Western invite :D Still waiting to hear back from the other Cali schools besides Loma Linda. I kinda wanna stay in Socal too

Good luck everyone!!! Don't lose hope :)

My completed app was submitted the same day as u. I think they might be going in order by date, and haven't got to our apps yet. I will let you know if I hear anything!

Yea I think so too, just that my lors got delayed pretty bad... I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything as well..:)

Number of AADSAS Applications Received 2,679 Number of Interviews Granted 513 Number of Students Enrolled 69 Number of Males Enrolled 36 Number of Females Enrolled 33 Number of California Residents 43...Sorry this is all I know, 66% was given in a thread that was made a few days ago but I cannot find it!

Number of AADSAS Applications Received 2,679 Number of Interviews Granted 513 Number of Students Enrolled 69 Number of Males Enrolled 36 Number of Females Enrolled 33 Number of California Residents 43...Sorry this is all I know, 66% was given in a thread that was made a few days ago but I cannot find it!

Thanks for providing this info! Out of the 513 interviews granted, do you know how many were accepted?

Hi there! are you from UCI too?
I actually have a couple of invites so far already but tbh i wanna stay close to home and my relatives in CA and im guessing westernU is the first one on my list of 4 ca schools to send out invites.
my apps got sent out on 2nd batch but lors were sent out on 6th batch...hopefully we both gonna hear somethings soon :xf:

yah i got a few interviews too, but not in ca yet. nyu, nova, mwaz and unlv. hopefully we get some from california though :xf: have you gotten invites from penn or columbia if you applied there?

Thanks for providing this info! Out of the 513 interviews granted, do you know how many were accepted?

We gotta get someone with the ADEA guide to hook us up with some info!! Both OOS and IS if possible!! Excited!!

yah i got a few interviews too, but not in ca yet. nyu, nova, mwaz and unlv. hopefully we get some from california though :xf: have you gotten invites from penn or columbia if you applied there?

yea hopefully lol... and no i didnt apply to any ivies (maybe i shouldve.. iono). My friend wanted me to apply to the same schools that he applied to so I just went for it, but Im happy w/ the schools i chose tho (i applied to 11)...:D

What is there to do in Pomona? I'm flying down the the morning of the 14th, gonna need to kill some time.

Pomona is located in the south east region of Los Angeles county. It's probably an hour and 15 min away from LAX unless you found a closer airport :) I don't really know if there's anything to do there, but ya definitely look it up on google maps or see if you find any shops or stores nearby :) I'm from the LA region.

Yeah I am flying into LAX, the closer airport was quite a bit more expensive. I know there is a bunch to do in LA I am just a little hesitant to walk around the city all alone doing the tourist thing with my fanny pack and digital camera.

Ohhh lol there's a lot of tourists in LA. LAX is actually located in the Inglewood area. So there's really no tourist spots there. Try Santa Monica Pier & 3rd St. Promenade or Venice Beach. :)