-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
****The Official Western University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by joojoo2
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good Luck to everyone on their early interviews!
This is a great school with a lot to offer. So far, the faculty is amazing and the class size is just perfect. Just about everyone knows everyone in our class already and makes for a great environment.
For the interview: make sure to read a little more about the school and understand what the principles that the school is making a commitment to. I had a question about that on my interview.
Rest assured that interview time is stressful, but it is also also very exciting. Don''t hesitate to send me a pm for more addition info if you need it. I'm a D1 right now and just completed our second week of school. It's challenging but great at the same time. 😀
This is a great school with a lot to offer. So far, the faculty is amazing and the class size is just perfect. Just about everyone knows everyone in our class already and makes for a great environment.
For the interview: make sure to read a little more about the school and understand what the principles that the school is making a commitment to. I had a question about that on my interview.
Rest assured that interview time is stressful, but it is also also very exciting. Don''t hesitate to send me a pm for more addition info if you need it. I'm a D1 right now and just completed our second week of school. It's challenging but great at the same time. 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
got the call for interview today - on the 15th
does getting invited for the first round of interviews increase ones chances at all?
8/11 = 73% chance of acceptance for out of state. So chances are pretty good!
Last edited:
Do you know the acceptance rates for Cali residents?
IS interview % / IS acceptance % = 12/18 = 2/3 = 67%
When did you submit your AADSAS application?Just got a call from Admissions for an interview on the 15th of Sep!!!!
PRAISE GOD!
When did you submit your AADSAS application?got the call for interview today - on the 15th
does getting invited for the first round of interviews increase ones chances at all?
When did you submit your AADSAS application?I said I couldn't make the 15th and got offered the 29th instead!
When did you submit your AADSAS application?I am from Socal too...but I got a Western invite 😀 Still waiting to hear back from the other Cali schools besides Loma Linda. I kinda wanna stay in Socal too
Good luck everyone!!! Don't lose hope 🙂
Hey joojoo2, don't worry! I just saw all of your posts above, and it's only the end of August. You will get an invite if you have the stats!When did you submit your AADSAS application?
When did you submit your AADSAS application?
I submitted my AADSAS application on June 22--but it was mailed out in the second batch, 7/6. Good luck
👍Ugh I hear ya ...I'm patiently waiting. .. :/
I'm waiting for an invitation too. 🙁
Supposedly my application was sent for review on July 26th...so that's been a while.....
Supposedly my application was sent for review on July 26th...so that's been a while.....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have 3 interviews (NOVA, UNE, and LECOM) but all my classes were at university. Don't know about CC. check my sig for stats
Bro I was askin for western LOL. But anyways, You only beat my by a point on AA and TS so I think I should be OK for the schools you listed HAHAAH.
^HAHA
i'm pretty sure if he had said "the weather is so nice outside" it would have been as relevant to the convo
i'm pretty sure if he had said "the weather is so nice outside" it would have been as relevant to the convo
Bro I was askin for western LOL. But anyways, You only beat my by a point on AA and TS so I think I should be OK for the schools you listed HAHAAH.
oops sorry lol. yea weather is nice outside bahahha
Yay congrats!!! Did they call you today? 🙂
YAAAY congrats!! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your supplemental app? and when you received your email stating they were about to review your app?got my interview! been waiting for this one for a while 🙂
got my interview! been waiting for this one for a while 🙂
Can you please share when your app was completed with Western and stats? Thank you so much!!
Aweee ~ you guys make me sad and so jealous!! Hahhaah.. Im only 8th batch with 3.4gpa and average 19 DAT 🙁.. they're never gonna call me 🙁🙁 congrats though to everyone who got invited!! 🙂🙂
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using SDN Mobile
m0chicheeks just be a lil patient. i'm 18dat and i got an interview. i'm sure you will get one too pretty soon too. btw does anyone know how to prepare for the interview?
Thanks, hungrydesperate and aznboi89x! 🙂
Got the call yesterday morning! My interview is on the 29th! This will be my first interview 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
m0chicheeks just be a lil patient. i'm 18dat and i got an interview. i'm sure you will get one too pretty soon too. btw does anyone know how to prepare for the interview?
I'm wondering the same. Can anyone who has gone through the process advice us? (please)Highlights of the school? What to expect on interview day and possible questions... For those who chose to attend Western, what were the reasons Western won over other schools? Thanks...
Got the call yesterday morning! My interview is on the 29th! This will be my first interview 🙂
I will see you on Sep 29th! 🙂
I got the call yesterday too, I am glad I picked up the phone even though I was at work. I was offered to go on the 29th, but I can't make it. I'll be flying out of CA on the 27th and won't be back until late 28th. It probably wouldn't have worked out for me so I asked if they can reschedule and so now I have it on Oct 6th. I am really excited about this interview!
Just got a call from Admissions for an interview on the 15th of Sep!!!!
PRAISE GOD!
I submitted 7/27 and submitted supplemental app 8/13, it was ready for review 8/15. They called me on Friday 9/7 for an interview...it's also on 9/15 so I will see you there! YAY So Cal <3 !!!
Anyone know where we can get good interview tips for Western? I haven't researched their school very much in terms of interviews...
Also, Pomona is where the LA County Fair is, it's pretty fun (really hot there) so if you have some time to kill after the interview, I think it closes pretty late, it's only through September though.
Got the call on 9/7 as well! Interview on 9/29!
Please let me know how it goes!
Anyone familiar with the area? How is like in comparison to south florida?
If anyone has the same interview date please pm me or email [email protected] cool to stay in touch.
Please let me know how it goes!
Anyone familiar with the area? How is like in comparison to south florida?
If anyone has the same interview date please pm me or email [email protected] cool to stay in touch.
Congrats!!!!!!I submitted 7/27 and submitted supplemental app 8/13, it was ready for review 8/15. They called me on Friday 9/7 for an interview...it's also on 9/15 so I will see you there! YAY So Cal <3 !!!
Anyone know where we can get good interview tips for Western? I haven't researched their school very much in terms of interviews...
Also, Pomona is where the LA County Fair is, it's pretty fun (really hot there) so if you have some time to kill after the interview, I think it closes pretty late, it's only through September though.
Will see you there!
LA county fair huh? sounds really fun.. wish I could hang out too... would be fun for a bunch of us interviewees to hang out afterwards!!
Ditto!
Good Luck everyone!
I hope that everyone enjoys the interview day. I will be there for questions during lunch.
To everyone that is interviewing on the 15th. If you haven't interviewed anywhere before, the student doc forums and other online areas post great interview questions. Some interviewers will ask you these exact ones, so come prepared. It's not a guarantee that you will get asked these questions, but they will let you know if you know yourself inside and out.
Personally, the school likes to focus on areas of humanism, science, compassion, and interprofessionalism. Each of these topics could be an interview question or they could be encompassed in one question. I would know what these topics mean to you and what you bring to the table. Another tip I would like to give is "Ask questions". This is a very new school so there are plenty of questions that you can ask. Make yourself stand out!
Hope this can help!
Best of luck for everybody!😀
I hope that everyone enjoys the interview day. I will be there for questions during lunch.
To everyone that is interviewing on the 15th. If you haven't interviewed anywhere before, the student doc forums and other online areas post great interview questions. Some interviewers will ask you these exact ones, so come prepared. It's not a guarantee that you will get asked these questions, but they will let you know if you know yourself inside and out.
Personally, the school likes to focus on areas of humanism, science, compassion, and interprofessionalism. Each of these topics could be an interview question or they could be encompassed in one question. I would know what these topics mean to you and what you bring to the table. Another tip I would like to give is "Ask questions". This is a very new school so there are plenty of questions that you can ask. Make yourself stand out!
Hope this can help!
Best of luck for everybody!😀
Anyone else see the forecast for Pomona this weekend? Is profuse sweating a turn off in an interview?
https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+pomona,+ca&sugexp=chrome,mod=18&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+pomona,+ca&sugexp=chrome,mod=18&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Guys I just got an interview to western for Sept 29th at 1115!!! I am so excited, not only is this my first invite but it is one of my top choices!! Is anyone else interviewing on that date that would want to share a hotel??
I'm excited to hear what you guys think from the sept 15th interview! Does anyone know if there is an essay for this interview? or anything else that we might be doing? I'm so excited!! 😀😀😀😀😀
I'm excited to hear what you guys think from the sept 15th interview! Does anyone know if there is an essay for this interview? or anything else that we might be doing? I'm so excited!! 😀😀😀😀😀
CONGRATS!!!!!!Guys I just got an interview to western for Sept 29th at 1115!!! I am so excited, not only is this my first invite but it is one of my top choices!! Is anyone else interviewing on that date that would want to share a hotel??
I'm excited to hear what you guys think from the sept 15th interview! Does anyone know if there is an essay for this interview? or anything else that we might be doing? I'm so excited!! 😀😀😀😀😀
I'll be there for the 15th! So I'll def. post a recount of it for you and others!
Thank you so much for the input!Good Luck everyone!
I hope that everyone enjoys the interview day. I will be there for questions during lunch.
To everyone that is interviewing on the 15th. If you haven't interviewed anywhere before, the student doc forums and other online areas post great interview questions. Some interviewers will ask you these exact ones, so come prepared. It's not a guarantee that you will get asked these questions, but they will let you know if you know yourself inside and out.
Personally, the school likes to focus on areas of humanism, science, compassion, and interprofessionalism. Each of these topics could be an interview question or they could be encompassed in one question. I would know what these topics mean to you and what you bring to the table. Another tip I would like to give is "Ask questions". This is a very new school so there are plenty of questions that you can ask. Make yourself stand out!
Hope this can help!
Best of luck for everybody!😀
Always appreciate inside information! 🙂
I'll see you on the 15th!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too, I'm still waitingHas anyone heard anything? I submitted my secondary July 30th.
I received my call for the interview invitation on 8/20 I believe. Scheduled for Oct 6th. I was first or second batch. 19/18/22 - 3.3 gpa , 3.1 sgpa. MPH, 3 years in a virology lab, tons and tons of service.
I was just wondering what people think of this school and your opinion on why you like it. I am just doing some research on it now and it sounds great. Anyone know how they are clinically? Is all your clinical work done at the school or do you move around 4th year like some of the newer schools have been doing? Thanks.
I was just wondering what people think of this school and your opinion on why you like it. I am just doing some research on it now and it sounds great. Anyone know how they are clinically? Is all your clinical work done at the school or do you move around 4th year like some of the newer schools have been doing? Thanks.
I really like the approach western takes to teaching their students, puting the patient first and working on communication skills to make them the most comfortable as possible. Western just seems like an all around great school, and not to mention an added bonus is that it is in Pomona, which is a beautiful city.
I am just a little bit nervous for the interview process, this will be my first interview and I have no idea what to expect. Will it be open or closed file? Will there be an essay? Will dentists or fourth years be interviewing us? Is there anywhere we can find answers to these questions?
I am just a little bit nervous for the interview process, this will be my first interview and I have no idea what to expect. Will it be open or closed file? Will there be an essay? Will dentists or fourth years be interviewing us? Is there anywhere we can find answers to these questions?
I really like the approach western takes to teaching their students, puting the patient first and working on communication skills to make them the most comfortable as possible. Western just seems like an all around great school, and not to mention an added bonus is that it is in Pomona, which is a beautiful city.
I am just a little bit nervous for the interview process, this will be my first interview and I have no idea what to expect. Will it be open or closed file? Will there be an essay? Will dentists or fourth years be interviewing us? Is there anywhere we can find answers to these questions?
I'll be happy to answer all of these questions for you Saturday afternoon!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 84
- Views
- 34K
- Replies
- 12
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 26
- Views
- 14K