***The Official WesternU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
They literally send that to everyone who hasn't applied there yet. They just want more money.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They say it's closed file, but I think they formulate the questions based on your application ahead of time- they just don't have it in front of them at the time of interview. Everyone had such a different interview experience, but I really loved everything about this school! Now the real wait begins ..

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you who have already had interviews, what were some questions you were asked? I found this page for those of us who are still preparing, but would like to know some recent questions if possible. Also, was your interview open or closed file? Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
I don't think it's fair for them to tell you the questions they were asked. You can find plenty of practice questions online.

Did anyone else notice in the email link for the interview day the page says its for Optometry School..?

Really wish I can get an interview here... I live so close and I work at a dental clinic a mile away from the campus :rolleyes:.

But no luck so far :(.

Has anyone contacted western.last Week they said they still have spots open for interviews for November?any news?

Hey guys, I applied in August and submitted my supplemental to Western U the 28th of August. I have a 20 AA/21 TS, 3.67 oGPA, 3.72 sGPA. No interview invite yet. Should I be concerned or is there still time?

Hey guys, I applied in August and submitted my supplemental to Western U the 28th of August. I have a 20 AA/21 TS, 3.67 oGPA, 3.72 sGPA. No interview invite yet. Should I be concerned or is there still time?

Hey! I submitted my secondary August 12th and received an interview invite on September 7th. You have great stats so hopefully you hear something soon! Maybe give them a call and see what your status is?

Got an interview invite on 10/4

School: Western (CA)
Interview Date: 11/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.89
DAT: Bio: 23, G-chem: 23, O-chem: 23, PAT: 20, Math: 18, RC: 16

Members don't see this ad :)
Got an interview invite on 10/4

School: Western (CA)
Interview Date: 11/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.89
DAT: Bio: 23, G-chem: 23, O-chem: 23, PAT: 20, Math: 18, RC: 16
Congrats! The app complete date is the day you got the "app has been sent to Ad. Com. for review" email, I'm guessing? Or did you get a separate email specifically saying "your app is complete" ?

Hi! Thank you. Sep 1 is the day I got the email from Western saying that my AADSAS app was received.

My interview will be 11/4. I received my invite on 10/4

For anyone who got the "App is Ready for WesternU Committee Review"...... how long after did it take for you guys to hear back from the school.

For anyone who got the "App is Ready for WesternU Committee Review"...... how long after did it take for you guys to hear back from the school.

I got this email like a week and a half after that email saying the committee has my application email

"this email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet.

Once reviewed, some applications receive a quick decision while others may be held for review again at a later time. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status."

But I still haven't heard anything since. I got this email on October 4

Looks like they may be done with pre-Dec interviews, my friend got an invite today for Feb 3

I got this email like a week and a half after that email saying the committee has my application email

"this email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet.

Once reviewed, some applications receive a quick decision while others may be held for review again at a later time. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status."

But I still haven't heard anything since. I got this email on October 4
I got that email last year when I applied towards the spring. I honestly don't know the meaning behind that email, there were people who got interviews after receiving that and others who did not. I would not look too much into it.. I'm sure they just want to provide you with an update so that you know that they haven't forgotten about you.

Got an interview today - only dates available were Feb. 3rd and 9th.

Last year the last interview dates were February 4th and February 10th. Does this mean that there’s no hope if I haven’t heard anything at this point?

just got an interview this Friday, only date available was feb 3rd! Just scheduled it now!

Last year the last interview dates were February 4th and February 10th. Does this mean that there’s no hope if I haven’t heard anything at this point?
I don't think you should lose hope. I'm sure they'll send more invites leading up to the February dates .. I would only lose hope if Feb passes and you still haven't heard anything. (I was in that boat last year)

Congrats, what were your checkmarked dates? :)

I submitted my app Sept. 12. Got the "ready for committee review" e-mail on Sept. 25th, and got the invite on Nov. 10th. I am also an OSS, so IDK if this had any influence on the length of the process.

I submitted my app Sept. 12. Got the "ready for committee review" e-mail on Sept. 25th, and got the invite on Nov. 10th. I am also an OSS, so IDK if this had any influence on the length of the process.
Wow, I also got the ready for review on Sept 25th but nothing yet :(

February 3rd will be SDN day at WesternU. See all of you there boys.

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone gotten an acceptance/rejection email from WesternU? I had my interview on 11/11 and still waiting...

I was accepted to WesternU’s Pharmacy School on November 17! Already submitted my deposit :)

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted to WesternU’s Pharmacy School on November 17! Already submitted my deposit :)

Congratulations, but can we please keep this forum for dental only? It's kind of annoying to have to read through a bunch of stuff that doesn't apply to the topic of the forum. Wish you all the luck in Pharmacy school though!

Congratulations, but can we please keep this forum for dental only? It's kind of annoying to have to read through a bunch of stuff that doesn't apply to the topic of the forum. Wish you all the luck in Pharmacy school though!
I think changing the title to Dental Forum Only would be better because I didn't know either!

lol pharm should have a class forum too. What up future interprofessional classmates

Reactions: 2 users
Decision day is upon us..... Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.