-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official WesternU Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by DragoBlue
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
What do u mean?confused lolI just got an e-mail from Western trying to solicit an application. I thought that was weird for so late in the cycle! Anybody else get one?
Gotten some from UNE, VCU, and others I had on AADSAS but did not apply to. It's so late so im just reading this as they want my money lolMe too. Definitely very strange.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, they sent it out Wednesday.Did they just send you the invite today?
They say it's closed file, but I think they formulate the questions based on your application ahead of time- they just don't have it in front of them at the time of interview. Everyone had such a different interview experience, but I really loved everything about this school! Now the real wait begins ..
D
Dentmancan
For those of you who have already had interviews, what were some questions you were asked? I found this page for those of us who are still preparing, but would like to know some recent questions if possible. Also, was your interview open or closed file? Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
I don't think it's fair for them to tell you the questions they were asked. You can find plenty of practice questions online.For those of you who have already had interviews, what were some questions you were asked? I found this page for those of us who are still preparing, but would like to know some recent questions if possible. Also, was your interview open or closed file? Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
Has anyone contacted western.last Week they said they still have spots open for interviews for November?any news?
Hey guys, I applied in August and submitted my supplemental to Western U the 28th of August. I have a 20 AA/21 TS, 3.67 oGPA, 3.72 sGPA. No interview invite yet. Should I be concerned or is there still time?
D
Dentmancan
Hey guys, I applied in August and submitted my supplemental to Western U the 28th of August. I have a 20 AA/21 TS, 3.67 oGPA, 3.72 sGPA. No interview invite yet. Should I be concerned or is there still time?
Hey! I submitted my secondary August 12th and received an interview invite on September 7th. You have great stats so hopefully you hear something soon! Maybe give them a call and see what your status is?
Congrats! The app complete date is the day you got the "app has been sent to Ad. Com. for review" email, I'm guessing? Or did you get a separate email specifically saying "your app is complete" ?Got an interview invite on 10/4
School: Western (CA)
Interview Date: 11/4
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
Application complete date: 9/1
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.89
DAT: Bio: 23, G-chem: 23, O-chem: 23, PAT: 20, Math: 18, RC: 16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it a pre December or post December interview?Hi! Thank you. that's the day I got the email from Western saying that my AADSAS app was received.
Oh okay, thank youMy interview will be 11/4. I received my invite on 10/4
For anyone who got the "App is Ready for WesternU Committee Review"...... how long after did it take for you guys to hear back from the school.
I got this email like a week and a half after that email saying the committee has my application email
"this email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet.
Once reviewed, some applications receive a quick decision while others may be held for review again at a later time. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status."
But I still haven't heard anything since. I got this email on October 4
I got an interview with them 🙂 <3 Love this school can't wait to visit
I got that email last year when I applied towards the spring. I honestly don't know the meaning behind that email, there were people who got interviews after receiving that and others who did not. I would not look too much into it.. I'm sure they just want to provide you with an update so that you know that they haven't forgotten about you.I got this email like a week and a half after that email saying the committee has my application email
"this email is to let you know that your application is still with the College of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee. It is possible that the Committee hasn’t reviewed your application yet or they have made a decision and haven’t informed us yet.
Once reviewed, some applications receive a quick decision while others may be held for review again at a later time. I’m sure you can understand that due to the volume of applications, it may take some time to receive the Committee’s decision. We will certainly notify you when there is any change in your application status."
But I still haven't heard anything since. I got this email on October 4
Congrats, what were your checkmarked dates? 🙂Got an interview today - only dates available were Feb. 3rd and 9th.
Last year the last interview dates were February 4th and February 10th. Does this mean that there’s no hope if I haven’t heard anything at this point?
I don't think you should lose hope. I'm sure they'll send more invites leading up to the February dates .. I would only lose hope if Feb passes and you still haven't heard anything. (I was in that boat last year)Last year the last interview dates were February 4th and February 10th. Does this mean that there’s no hope if I haven’t heard anything at this point?
i shall see you there 😀just got an interview this Friday, only date available was feb 3rd! Just scheduled it now!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, what were your checkmarked dates? 🙂
I submitted my app Sept. 12. Got the "ready for committee review" e-mail on Sept. 25th, and got the invite on Nov. 10th. I am also an OSS, so IDK if this had any influence on the length of the process.
Wow, I also got the ready for review on Sept 25th but nothing yet 🙁I submitted my app Sept. 12. Got the "ready for committee review" e-mail on Sept. 25th, and got the invite on Nov. 10th. I am also an OSS, so IDK if this had any influence on the length of the process.
I'll see you there as well auntyi shall see you there 😀
ayy lezgoo!!I'll see you there as well aunty
Same here! 😀i shall see you there 😀
February 3rd will be SDN day at WesternU. See all of you there boys.
Yeeeeewww! Are you guys touring the Daumier too?February 3rd will be SDN day at WesternU. See all of you there boys.
I'm only attending the interview 😀Yeeeeewww! Are you guys touring the Daumier too?
I am!Yeeeeewww! Are you guys touring the Daumier too?
Has anyone gotten an acceptance/rejection email from WesternU? I had my interview on 11/11 and still waiting...
They told me they would let us know 11/20 but I didn't receive anything so I'm over here freaking out lolAcceptances only come on/after Dec 1st, so ~7 days left to go!
I hope so!!! and oh, wrong forum then!!Well that's probably for rejections, so if you haven't heard back, that's good news. Dental schools have an "agreement" of sorts, where they don't send out acceptances until Dec 1st. You can also look at this thread: The 2017 "When EXACTLY will I find out about this school on Dec 1st" Thread
ALSO: This is the Dental forum, maybe you mean to post in another field's forum?
D
Dentmancan
I was accepted to WesternU’s Pharmacy School on November 17! Already submitted my deposit 🙂
Congratulations, but can we please keep this forum for dental only? It's kind of annoying to have to read through a bunch of stuff that doesn't apply to the topic of the forum. Wish you all the luck in Pharmacy school though!
I think changing the title to Dental Forum Only would be better because I didn't know either!Congratulations, but can we please keep this forum for dental only? It's kind of annoying to have to read through a bunch of stuff that doesn't apply to the topic of the forum. Wish you all the luck in Pharmacy school though!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol pharm should have a class forum too. What up future interprofessional classmates
Bruh why did they schedule us so far away?lol pharm should have a class forum too. What up future interprofessional classmates
Foreal hahaBruh why did they schedule us so far away?![]()
Right?? 😛 I toured the Daumier when I was there for Preview Day. It's super nice 🙂 I'll probably go again on interview day though.Bruh why did they schedule us so far away?![]()
D
Dentmancan
Decision day is upon us..... Good luck everyone!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 36
- Views
- 18K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K