***The Official WesternU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Giving up my seat to attend my top choice school. Hope this gives someone here a chance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am dental assistant and the only thing that I did was to keep working in dental field which I really recommend to do so. To be honest I haven’t send any updates. I had a plan to send them update by the end of the month that I received my offer. To send the update just send an email to the admission center and if you know your interviewer email address CC him to your update email as well. I have another offer from other school that I have to decide, I may decline my offer by the end of this week. But if you have any other questions just let me know.
Stats please?

Has there been anyone accepted to Western with a 19 AA?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it takes for WesternU to take someone off the alternative list and accept them after someone else withdraws/declines their acceptance?

Last edited:
For those accepted, did you get an acceptance email other than the email notifying that there was a status change in the portal

No it was only update email and also they mailed the acceptance letter to my address after one week.
For those accepted, did you get an acceptance email other than the email notifying that there was a status change in the portal

Reactions: 1 user
Giving up my spot, Hope it goes to one of you here.
Good luck all

I am dental assistant and the only thing that I did was to keep working in dental field which I really recommend to do so. To be honest I haven’t send any updates. I had a plan to send them update by the end of the month that I received my offer. To send the update just send an email to the admission center and if you know your interviewer email address CC him to your update email as well. I have another offer from other school that I have to decide, I may decline my offer by the end of this week. But if you have any other questions just let me know.

This was great information, thank you!

Hi, everyone! I hope you are doing well, despite the chaos happening around us. For those of you who are hoping to get off the waitlist, I just wanted to let you know that the deadline for the majority of us to place our second deposit was this past Tuesday, April 15th. Now that the deadline has passed, I anticipate that some seats will open up to replace the students who didn't place a second deposit. So don't lose hope! It's not over, until you hear a "no". I wish you all the best of luck.

For those accepted, do we just complete everything in the admitted student web page? Anything else I’m missing? I haven’t received any emails since paying my deposit.

For those accepted, do we just complete everything in the admitted student web page? Anything else I’m missing? I haven’t received any emails since paying my deposit.
Yes! Also, you can log into the secondary app portal to see the checklist of everything they have. It will also give you your student ID as well as how to access your student email.

Last year's thread: ***The Official WesternU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Hey everyone! WesternU is a community filled with professional, resilient, and dedicated dental students! I personally am involved with pre-dental outreach and advocacy! If there's anything that I could do to make your application cycle go smoother, please let me know!

Good luck everyone!

Link to interview prep: Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)
Hello! I wanted to apply to Western U for Dental School but had a few questions. Could I PM u?

Hi everyone,
Today is June 3 and I have been on the alternative list for WesternU since Feb. Do I still have a decent chance to get in at this point?
Thanks

Hi everyone,
Today is June 3 and I have been on the alternative list for WesternU since Feb. Do I still have a decent chance to get in at this point?
Thanks
Technically, you are still in the game until they send a rejection letter, so there is still a chance you could get off of it. If you haven't already, I would recommend sending a letter of intent!

Congratulations to all of those that made it into the WesternU DMD Class of 2024! Please let me know if you have any questions! For those that are still on the waitlist, there are still many things that could change! One of my closest friends got off the waitlist in August. Hang in there and keep moving forward because it's not a matter of if you will ever become a dentist, it is a matter of when you will become a dentist.

If you're just now joining us and looking for the following years thread, it is located here: ***The Official WesternU Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread***