***The Official WesternU Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

I don't think they have that many left. The last day to confirm with intent and pay the deposit fee was 1/3 (?) I think for those who interviewed earlier and got accepted. I believe they are filling in the very very few spots that's available.

I tried to ask but.... it was very vague. I don't think they try to give out the exact number. The admissions also said that my application is reviewed fully but it is in queue AND still reviewing remaining applications. I am guessing after the holiday (I believe they came back around Jan 6 or 8th?) they are reviewing the last applicants. I have no idea how many interview date are for next month.... anyone knows?

Trying to remain hopeful but the prior comment about rejection if no calls for interview by end of January is making me very nervous.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hello all,

the last interview is this Friday. :[ is there any precedence where they call very last minute by any chance for interview? Or have anyone gotten a call last week or today so far for an interview?

Edit: The interview slots are currently all filled up. :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Hello all,

the last interview is this Friday. :[ is there any precedence where they call very last minute by any chance for interview? Or have anyone gotten a call last week or today so far for an interview?

Edit: The interview slots are currently all filled up. :(
Are you sure? Last week I was told they would interview through February.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
Are you sure? Last week I was told they would interview through February.

I have called and they told me this Friday is the last day for interview. If you did not get a call for interview by or before Friday, then it means it is a rejection.

Giving up my spot here! Hope it goes to one of you guys. Good luck all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I have called and they told me this Friday is the last day for interview. If you did not get a call for interview by or before Friday, then it means it is a rejection.
thank you for calling and letting us know!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! Does anyone know if WesternU offers Dean scholarships? If so how much is the average?

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone heard back from Western? I received the email last week that we would hopefully all be hearing back by the end of the day today, but still nothing. Thank you in advance!! :)

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone heard back from Western? I received the email last week that we would hopefully all be hearing back by the end of the day today, but still nothing. Thank you in advance!! :)
Today is their last listed date for interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Acceptance

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Hi dentalschl44! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed and heard back? I interviewed in January and still waiting for a response. I have a deposit due for another school soon but Western is my top choice!

Hi dentalschl44! Do you mind sharing when you interviewed and heard back? I interviewed in January and still waiting for a response. I have a deposit due for another school soon but Western is my top choice!

I interviewed in September and got acceptance December 2.

Do you feel they gave any helpful advice on how to improve your app?
I talked to the admission co-ordinator and improved exactly what he said was the weakness of my app and applied again. But this time I was not invited to an interview either. I'm not sure if what they tell you would necessarily help.

Just received an email saying an update was posted to my portal and to login to view.

Rejection without interview

Just got a rejection (without interview). It's coming everyone. But good luck to those who are waiting to hear back!

Rejected with out interview, disappointed since I’ve would have liked to interview, but I guess it was never meant to be. Hoping everyone else has better luck else where or other options! This makes it easier for me to make a decision.

why did they sent rejections? is it because they are done interviewing?

rejected without an interview as well

Offer made via phone call at 3:15pm Central Time. Accepted at 8:20pm CT. So excited to start this journey with you guys!

Offer made via phone call at 3:15pm Central Time. Accepted at 8:20pm CT. So excited to start this journey with you guys!
Also accepted today via phone call at 2:15pm PST! See you in August!

Anyone know how many seats they have left? Congrats to those that have gotten in thus far ☺️

I called admissions last week and they said they are waiting for the deposit due dates over to figure out how many seat they have left.
hopefully we hear something this week. Western is my top choice

I called admissions last week and they said they are waiting for the deposit due dates over to figure out how many seat they have left.
hopefully we hear something this week. Western is my top choice
Did they mention that we may hear back this week? Or give any sort of time frame for that matter?

will most likely be declining my acceptance here. good luck to everyone on the waitlist

Waitlisted today at 6:58 MST...

To all my fellow waitlisters, we did what we could and should be proud we even made it this far. Everything happens for a reason and we will go wherever we are meant to be, whether it is this school or another great one :)

Was also waitlisted yesterday, email received at 6:58PM MST. As long as it’s not a rejection that only means that we’re one step closer. Best of luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Its alternative list, so it's not ranked. Any ideas about how many people drop? Or what percent of the alternative get accepted every year?

Those of us who were accepted on Dec. 2nd have our second deposits due on April 15th. I'm guessing that spots will open up at that time as some people will choose to go to other schools. Good luck everyone!

Those of us who were accepted on Dec. 2nd have our second deposits due on April 15th. I'm guessing that spots will open up at that time as some people will choose to go to other schools. Good luck everyone!
THIS is the kind of insider information we need. Thanks, amigo/amiga

Just got my acceptance call one hour ago

Withdrawing because I committed to my IS school
Best of luck to everyone!

Just got my acceptance call one hour ago

Do you mind sharing what you did during your time on the waitlist? Did you keep admissions updated? What method did you use to send updates? Who did you contact (admissions counselor or specific faculty in CDM), etc? This would be very helpful information :)

Do you mind sharing what you did during your time on the waitlist? Did you keep admissions updated? What method did you use to send updates? Who did you contact (admissions counselor or specific faculty in CDM), etc? This would be very helpful
Do you mind sharing what you did during your time on the waitlist? Did you keep admissions updated? What method did you use to send updates? Who did you contact (admissions counselor or specific faculty in CDM), etc? This would be very helpful information :)
information :)
I am dental assistant and the only thing that I did was to keep working in dental field which I really recommend to do so. To be honest I haven’t send any updates. I had a plan to send them update by the end of the month that I received my offer. To send the update just send an email to the admission center and if you know your interviewer email address CC him to your update email as well. I have another offer from other school that I have to decide, I may decline my offer by the end of this week. But if you have any other questions just let me know.

• Love