The Ohio State University - College of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
20F?????? Ohhhh myyyy gosh..... I hope your hotel room/place that you're staying at is super heated. Anyways, I hope your interview went well! Was it really as "relaxed" as the other SDNers said it was?

yeah the hotel place have the heater on 24/7 so that's nice of them :) and yes it was really relaxed like how everyone described :) though i total stumbled on the last question =\, the professors were really nice and its by far the most relaxed pharmacy interview I have :) hope you'll get an interview soon, they accept 80-85% of the interview student!!

Members don't see this ad.

yeah the hotel place have the heater on 24/7 so that's nice of them :) and yes it was really relaxed like how everyone described :) though i total stumbled on the last question =\, the professors were really nice and its by far the most relaxed pharmacy interview I have :) hope you'll get an interview soon, they accept 80-85% of the interview student!!

Thanks :) Good to know that the acceptance rate is high, let's just hope that I hear back from them first haha. Submitted my app quite recently (last week) :(

Just recieved acceptance email today T^T finally I can be sure that I'm going to pharm school lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on being accepted. Has anyone started a class of 2016 page?

Congrats everyone! I got my acceptance today too! :)

Hehe your guys' good luck definitely helped. I got an interview invite! So exciitteedd that you don't know. xD Hopefully I can be your guy's future classmate! :xf:

Btw, anyone know what the file review is about? I know it's supposed to make sure you're on track for your courses, but would they ask you stuff like "Why did you get this grade in this class?"

Last edited:
Hehe your guys' good luck definitely helped. I got an interview invite! So exciitteedd that you don't know. xD Hopefully I can be your guy's future classmate! :xf:

Btw, anyone know what the file review is about? I know it's supposed to make sure you're on track for your courses, but would they ask you stuff like "Why did you get this grade in this class?"
Congrats on getting an interview! The file review is separate from your interview and depending on when you interview you can do it before or afterwards. You just sit down and someone shows you your courses and makes sure that you've taken the necessary courses or that you'll have finished them by the end of the summer. If you get accepted all you need is a C in any unfinished courses.
Good luck with your interview, the fact that you've been invited means there's a good chance you'll be accepted so enjoy it

Hey congrats on your interview! When did you find out about it?? I am freaking out that I will not get one.. but Ohio State is my first choice. I submitted my supp early in January!!! Ugh the wait is killing me :(

Hey congrats on your interview! When did you find out about it?? I am freaking out that I will not get one.. but Ohio State is my first choice. I submitted my supp early in January!!! Ugh the wait is killing me :(

I got mine last Tuesday, and I honestly think their system is random lol. I was presented with 4 interview dates, and couple were just too soon for an out-of-stater to book a flight to.

Don't worry, if OSU is ur first choice, the adcoms should be able to feel the enthusiasm bleeding through your application and you WILL get interview soon ^.^ (I think that's honestly how I got mine.)

I got mine last Tuesday, and I honestly think their system is random lol. I was presented with 4 interview dates, and couple were just too soon for an out-of-stater to book a flight to.

Don't worry, if OSU is ur first choice, the adcoms should be able to feel the enthusiasm bleeding through your application and you WILL get interview soon ^.^ (I think that's honestly how I got mine.)
Thanks for replying so quickly! I actually am an undergrad at OSU and I want to stay here so badly! I am just getting so nervous that I havent heard anything - I check my email constantly!! Hopefully I will hear back soon! Thanks again and Good luck on your interview!!! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!

I had an interview on Saturday and got acceptance email today. Wow!!!! That's super fast!!!!

Thanks for replying so quickly! I actually am an undergrad at OSU and I want to stay here so badly! I am just getting so nervous that I havent heard anything - I check my email constantly!! Hopefully I will hear back soon! Thanks again and Good luck on your interview!!! :D

What I would suggest is that you go and knock on Joe's door since you're already at OSU. He's super nice. :) Just go in, see if he's open to look at your file really quickly and that'll get you your answer fast! :)

Do they send everyone a supplemental application? I'm not sure if it's a good sign that I will get an interview or if it is routine.

What I would suggest is that you go and knock on Joe's door since you're already at OSU. He's super nice. :) Just go in, see if he's open to look at your file really quickly and that'll get you your answer fast! :)

What she said. :thumbup:

P.S. I'm wondering where all the interviewees are. Is it just me or no one on this thread has feb interviews? Unless the osu interview receivers are big-time lurkers. Maybe they are handing interview to u soon? :xf:

Do they send everyone a supplemental application? I'm not sure if it's a good sign that I will get an interview or if it is routine.

No, not everyone receives a supp, just those they are considering! Hopefully you'll hear about an interview soon... I am in the same boat it is driving me mad!

What she said. :thumbup:

P.S. I'm wondering where all the interviewees are. Is it just me or no one on this thread has feb interviews? Unless the osu interview receivers are big-time lurkers. Maybe they are handing interview to u soon? :xf:

Well I am now one of the Feb interviewees! I just saw the email invite for Friday the 10th, and have yet to call and reserve it. Is anybody else here going to be there that day?

And just a question to those that have interviewed there already, how big are the interviewee pools? I have been to a couple schools where there were 75+ at once, and am curious if OSU will be similar?

Well I am now one of the Feb interviewees! I just saw the email invite for Friday the 10th, and have yet to call and reserve it. Is anybody else here going to be there that day?

And just a question to those that have interviewed there already, how big are the interviewee pools? I have been to a couple schools where there were 75+ at once, and am curious if OSU will be similar?

My interview session had only 25 people. Congrats on the invite and good luck!!!

Congrats! I knew that it was unlikely they filled all the interviewing spots already because literally no one else was posting. Maybe it's because I'm out of state that they gave it to me earlier? Anyways, I'm scheduled the day after you.

And yeah, I heard there are approximately 25 per interview session.

Mine was 18 people and when my friend went, it was 13 lol

Mine was 18 people and when my friend went, it was 13 lol

wow, that will be a nice change from the throngs of nervous people i'm seeing at the other places!

But by the time i was able to call, the 2-10 date was full. so now i'm scheduled for 3-10, which is better for my schedule and will give me more than the 1 week prep time i had before.

I'm interviewing tomorrow at 8am... anyone else?? I'm so excited/nervous!!

good luck everyone!!! hopefully we will be in the same school =]

I'm interviewing tomorrow at 8am... anyone else?? I'm so excited/nervous!!

Haha. I so know who you are I think. We sat next to each other when they all had us in Room 250 in Parks Hall.

haha yeah! Are you the guy from Chicago? I can't believe we have to wait 3 weeks to hear back?! I wish we could find out sooner!

haha yeah! Are you the guy from Chicago? I can't believe we have to wait 3 weeks to hear back?! I wish we could find out sooner!

3 weeks?!?! I thought it was earlier than that lol.

Anyways, just curious, is there a writing sample? I revisited the emails and there was no mention of one. Makes me a bit paranoid because every school has one, right? o.o"

3 weeks?!?! I thought it was earlier than that lol.

Anyways, just curious, is there a writing sample? I revisited the emails and there was no mention of one. Makes me a bit paranoid because every school has one, right? o.o"

There's no writing section. :) And it's 3-4 weeks by mail, but emails for me came out the Tuesday following the interview. Good luck!

There's no writing section. :) And it's 3-4 weeks by mail, but emails for me came out the Tuesday following the interview. Good luck!

Oh nice, knowing that relieves my nerves just a tiny bit haha. On the other hand, that means if I don't hear anything next Tuesday, it ain't a good sign at all. LOL. And thanks, I'll need all the good luck in the world. ^.^

Oh nice, knowing that relieves my nerves just a tiny bit haha. On the other hand, that means if I don't hear anything next Tuesday, it ain't a good sign at all. LOL. And thanks, I'll need all the good luck in the world. ^.^

I think they have periodic committee meetings to decide acceptances. If you have your interviews right before they meet, you will find out in a matter of days. If you have your interview right after they meet, you will have to wait a while until the committee reconvenes.

This would sort of explain why some people find out right away, and others find out after a given period of time.

Just a guess.

does anyone know if there is any reason why I haven't heard anything from this school?.. I applied months ago.. :(

I think they have periodic committee meetings to decide acceptances. If you have your interviews right before they meet, you will find out in a matter of days. If you have your interview right after they meet, you will have to wait a while until the committee reconvenes.

This would sort of explain why some people find out right away, and others find out after a given period of time.

Just a guess.

That's actually very spot on. I was at another school's interview couple days ago, and learned exactly what you said. Good insight :)

does anyone know if there is any reason why I haven't heard anything from this school?.. I applied months ago.. :(

Same here! i submitted my secondary in the middle of december. OSU is the only school i haven't heard from that I I would really like to attend. I"m starting to get nervous...:scared:

How was everyone's interview this weekend?

I interviewed on Friday and it went quite well. I was impressed by the school and my interviewer was pretty laid back. It was more of a conversation than an interview.

Anyone who has yet to interview, I would recommend being yourself and not stressing too much. The purpose of the interview seems to be putting a face to the file they have already reviewed. The guy interviewing me had my file in front of him and based off of his questions, he had clearly read it thoroughly before talking to me. The questions were exactly what you would expect: why pharmacy? why OSU? tell me about a time when [fill in the blank]? what would you do if [fill in the blank]? The only thing that threw me was when he started listing OSU's credentials; #5 in the country, one of the best medical centers, etc. and then asked, since you are interviewing with "the cream of the crop" and everyone here is clearly qualified and intelligent, why do you DESERVE to be accepted to OSU? ---tough question to answer but as long as you don't stutter like an idiot or say "um" a million times, you should be able to sell yourself.

I am looking at SUNY UB, UIC, and WVU as well. I would like someone to tell me why OSU over these schools or why one of these schools over OSU?

Good luck to anyone waiting for an acceptance/denial or still waiting to interview!

I would be happy to answer any questions about the interview, just message me.

IDreamOfPharm,

I noticed you applied for OSU's PharmD program. Do you already have your BA in something or is that something you will accomplish while in PharmD school? If I remember correctly, OSU has a mandatory BA policy for PharmD admission. Is that the case? 7-8 years for a PharmD seems like a lot...

IDreamOfPharm,

I noticed you applied for OSU's PharmD program. Do you already have your BA in something or is that something you will accomplish while in PharmD school? If I remember correctly, OSU has a mandatory BA policy for PharmD admission. Is that the case? 7-8 years for a PharmD seems like a lot...

You have to have your BA or BS BEFORE beginning the PharmD program at OSU. As for 7-8 years seeming like a lot, I disagree. A PharmD is a doctoral degree. Spending 8 years to get a doctorate is completely reasonable. I earned my BS before applying to PharmD programs and I wouldn't be surprised if more schools follow Ohio State's lead and begin requiring bachelors degrees before applying. I am all for this - it would not only help the prestige of pharmacy but help to expand the role of the pharmacist in healthcare.

IDreamOfPharm,

Hey - I am graduating in June with my B.S. in Pharmaceutical Science at Ohio State. Although 8 years seems like a lot, it is worth it. Most people obtaining doctorate level degrees are in school a similar amount of time!

why do you DESERVE to be accepted to OSU? ---tough question to answer but as long as you don't stutter like an idiot or say "um" a million times, you should be able to sell yourself..

Lol I was asked a question similar to that and I did find that some questions threw me off balance. I might not have stuttered, but I felt like I did talk in circles, thanks to my nervousness. We'll see how it goes lol....

Lol I was asked a question similar to that and I did find that some questions threw me off balance. I might not have stuttered, but I felt like I did talk in circles, thanks to my nervousness. We'll see how it goes lol....

Don't be too nervous! OSU is much more selective with their interview invitations than most other schools. UB said they invite ~250 and accept ~125 so 50%. OSU said they send out way less interview invitations but accept about 75% of interviewees.

So if you got to the interview, you made it through the most selective part of the admissions process.

has anyone who interviewed Jan 14th and accepted that Tuesday gotten their acceptance packet in the mail yet? I'm wondering if I should call and ask about it or not since it's almost been 5 weeks now....

Does anyone know when they do their final round of interviews? I haven't been invited for an interview yet but i also haven't been declined...

Does anyone know when they do their final round of interviews? I haven't been invited for an interview yet but i also haven't been declined...

I haven't heard anything either...:confused:

I applied way back in october sent in the supplemental about november I believe and just was intvited to interview... stay positive everyone :) and yes this is a top school so why OSU for everyone... I've been accepted to MCPHS-worcester, interviewing at Roseman and SUNY this month and waiting to hear back from UC and Midwestern-CPG..... any thoughts/comments

I just received an acceptance email. I have an interview this weekend at the University of Utah, if I get accepted there it will be a very tough decision. Either way I will be attending pharmacy school in the fall.
--------------------------------------------------------------
University of Utah - interview
Oklahoma University - Waitlist
Ohio State University - Accepted :D
University of Kansas - waiting for application feedback

I just received an acceptance email. I have an interview this weekend at the University of Utah, if I get accepted there it will be a very tough decision. Either way I will be attending pharmacy school in the fall.
--------------------------------------------------------------
University of Utah - interview
Oklahoma University - Waitlist
Ohio State University - Accepted :D
University of Kansas - waiting for application feedback

Joe must have sent all the acceptances from the 2/10/12 interviews at the same time because I got mine this afternoon as well.
I am in a similar boat, I got into SUNY-UB and OSU and a couple others I turned down. I have to decide between UB and OSU now and it is tough tough tough.
New building at UB.
Better ranking for OSU.
Cost for me (PA resident) ~the same
Weather is a little bit better in Ohio I guess..
But I hate Buckeye sports (PSU grad)

Difficult decision. :confused:

Greatest letter from Joe today! xD

Btw, the start of the email didn't sound exciting at all....I got so scared at first LOL.

Greatest letter from Joe today! xD

Btw, the start of the email didn't sound exciting at all....I got so scared at first LOL.

Congrats on getting acceptance! Lol I agree, the beginning of the letter isn't very clear haha