The Peach AMCAS app??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jessica

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else hear this.... some guy from Inquarta (a "get you in to med school" service) said that AMCAS told all the med schools this week to throw out ALL of the printed info that AMCAS has sent them via snail mail b/c of numerous errors/mismatched info, and that AMCAS would be sending out "correct info" peach colored print outs of our AMCAS apps?? Is he legit?

Members don't see this ad.

It wouldn't surprise me if AMCAS screwed it up again...

Honestly though, who would fake their #s on a printed app they sent in (surely this is part of the reason for the 'mismatched' info)? I mean, how awful would it be for a school to figure it out after you were accepted...yikes!

I agree... why would anyone lie on the application to medical school - I mean, it seems kind of ridicuous. So much of medicine relies on the honor code. At USC, when students take exams, they can get up and leave whenever they want to, take a break, get some coffee, and then come back and finish the exam, as long as it's all within the three or so hours allotted for the exam. Even if someone wanted to be dishonest, why the heck would a potential candidtate for med school want to take such a huge risk and lie, when they could end up being blacklisted for all medical schools? Frankly, I don't even know why the whole verification thing takes so long.

Members don't see this ad :)
doesnt surprise me that amcas messed up again

Originally posted by lilninja:
•... why would anyone lie on the application to medical school - I mean, it seems kind of ridicuous. So much of medicine relies on the honor code. Even if someone wanted to be dishonest, why the heck would a potential candidtate for med school want to take such a huge risk and lie, when they could end up being blacklisted for all medical schools? Frankly, I don't even know why the whole verification thing takes so long.•

On the same note, how many people get help (ie. proofreading, etc) with their essays and PS and how many *really* get help (ie. have people write for them)???

Originally posted by pre-hawkdoc:
•On the same note, how many people get help (ie. proofreading, etc) with their essays and PS and how many *really* get help (ie. have people write for them)???•

Well, I wouldn't consider someone getting proofreading help to be doing anything dishonest (unless they were applying for a job as proofreader ;) ). You really think some people get someone to write med school application essays for them?

I don't know about med school, but some of the high school students I tutor have told me that some kids had "help" writing their essays, and stongly implied that someone else wrote them.

Those same people would do it again for med school.

I was not saying that the STUDENTS did anything dishonest... this person seemed to indicate that AMCAS was at fault (messing up people's applications by mixing up people's coursework/MCAT scores with other applicants.) And as I side noter, I didn't use the services of Inquarta (they want a couple of grand :eek: to help you "smoothly" through the application process"), this guy just came to UCR courtesy of Hyperlearning to give a speech to premeds about the application process. The only people that proofed my essays were my mom, an english professor, and a few close friends.

Please pardon all of the typos in that last post! Apparantly I should have used the proofreader services! :D

hahahaha...why am i not surprised that AMCAS still doesn't have their act together...i'll tell you what AMCAS stands for:

A
Moronic
College
Application
Service

:D :D

i had ivy essays or something like that proof read and edit my essay, they won't write your essay, but they will help you cut out the extranous stuff and make it a lot smoother. i even paid them like $80. i think they were a great help, seeing how i didn't have anyone around that really knew what med schools want on an essay and that i trusted could make good editing decisions.

besides that, i just can't get over how inconsistent amcas is, or i guess i could say consistently bad they are. their pr guy really has some making up to do for next year.

not that i want to apply again next year, but they should offer some deals like, "apply to five schools, get one free!"

Haha! med skool fool, that was great!!!