The right time to take the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Farcus

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok why is it that some people say taking it during june and october is better than august/january? I don't understand the logic when your composite isn't vs everyone you took during that session but rather from like 3-4 years ago up to now. So taking it whenever should have no effects on your score really right?

Members don't see this ad.

ok why is it that some people say taking it during june and october is better than august/january? I don't understand the logic when your composite isn't vs everyone you took during that session but rather from like 3-4 years ago up to now. So taking it whenever should have no effects on your score really right?

I don't think anyone completely understands how Pearson scores all our exams. Your best bet is to call PCAT and ask. I'm not sure if they'll tell you neither since if they did tell you; its only right Pearson post the formula for calculating PCAT scores on its website.

nonetheless, good question. I would like to know too. Although our time should be best spent on studying for the upcoming PCAT exam. 40 more days to go

:)

Correct. Your composite score is matched against a standard testing group from 1998-2003. It does not really matter when you take it because it will always be matched to this group. Depending on the difficulty of the test , the more difficult test forms are curved to match the easier test forms. Like Transformer said, your best bet is to call and ask.