"The Two Prescriptions" The Lord of the Chains (Retail) Part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
We used to have 'stories in retail' thread. I liked AZpre's. they made me chuckle, but alas, alack I cannot find it, so I'll start my own.....

At any rate, it was a few more scripts that two, but not much more. This was definitely the slowest store I've ever worked in, a wag's in Whittier. It's like driving for twenty mins from the heart of LA into the Andy Griffith show (I only had to speak spanish once all day!) Everything looked old and tired. The only busy spot was the Starbucks :rolleyes: just left of the juvenile hall (more interesting: none of the wag's store employees knew where the starbucks was, but they ALL knew where the juvenile hall was) They said it's less than year old and the store itself is still losing something like $50K a fiscal quarter or year, however they calculate that, which is typical for new stores i was told. Thank god the pharmacist, a SC grad, was stupid cute.

She taught me eight jillion wag's COMPUTER tricks. amazing how well informed ppl are out in the field. She knew about the new grading policy at sc and thought it sucked. her suspicion was rampant grade inflation would ensue, which didn't happen. grades were helped along, but definitely not inflated. The most excitement was talking to a trucker about his long-haul runs (my family's business is produce wholesaling so I'm into split-axle rigs)

So there's still plenty of opportunities to work at slow stores.

Her husband works for a Sav-on at a 900 rx store with only 2 pharmacists throughout the day. Brutal and unsafe.

Funny thing is I think i might wanna switch there to intern. I could get more studying done.

Members don't see this ad.