"The US can't keep up with demand for health aides, nurses and doctors"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean of course this is coming from “CNN MONEY”

This is so incredibly inaccurate it’s scary. Look at the source of the studies too lmao. Hmmm......

Reactions: 1 users

Forget about COCA, this just encourages the even more rapid and worse proliferation of completely unregulated nursing and NP programs. Even another thousand DO grads will be nothing compared to the flood of extremely poorly trained mid-level providers there will be to “meet the demand.”

Unfortunately you are also right that COCA will pat themselves on the back too.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 3 users
You know better than most of us that even the nursing shortage is fake. Nurses get out of school, work 2-3 years and start looking for an escape plan to get away from bedside nursing. They either become clipboard warriors or just get out all together.

They're creating their own shortage. So many RNs are going straight BSN -> NP now with very little bedside experience at all due to the loss of any type of barrier getting into these ridiculous online NP programs.

Reactions: 2 users
You know better than most of us that even the nursing shortage is fake. Nurses get out of school, work 2-3 years and start looking for an escape plan to get away from bedside nursing. They either become clipboard warriors or just get out all together.
10 years ago the average nurse spent about 5 years on the floor before leaving. 25% quit within the first year and never did nursing again. That was before the recession.

Now that nurse who quits in a year starts an online NP program. I know it cause I have met them. Needless to say, you don't want to hire that NP, unless you want to train them for 2 years.

The only good thing about unregulated nursing programs is that they do actually close, as happened in the last recession. I don't know of a US based med school that has done that yet tho.