The Usual...Getting into Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medstudent01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys...this is my first time at SDN :)

I was reading all of these threads and I have a few questions myself...

1) I got an A in Organic Chemistry I, but then a C+ in Organic Chemistry 2...does this really jeopardize my chances to med school? This will bring down my GPA to a 3.64...:scared:

2) Will taking Biochem and getting an A in it help my C+?

3) I'm always doubtful when it comes to my GPA...what does a 3.64 look like to med schools...am I below or still on track?

4) I'm taking the MCAT this summer...any advice as to taking online classes, prep courses, etc? It would be helpful if you've had personal experience...I plan on studying each and every day until the exam, but I'm freaking myself out.

5) How does a paid research program look like to med schools?

Please do share your advice...thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Guys...this is my first time at SDN :)

I was reading all of these threads and I have a few questions myself...

1) I got an A in Organic Chemistry I, but then a C+ in Organic Chemistry 2...does this really jeopardize my chances to med school? This will bring down my GPA to a 3.64...:scared:

2) Will taking Biochem and getting an A in it help my C+?

3) I'm always doubtful when it comes to my GPA...what does a 3.64 look like to med schools...am I below or still on track?

4) I'm taking the MCAT this summer...any advice as to taking online classes, prep courses, etc? It would be helpful if you've had personal experience...I plan on studying each and every day until the exam, but I'm freaking myself out.

5) How does a paid research program look like to med schools?

Please do share your advice...thank you :)

1) Yes

2) Yes

3) Below at most

4) Stop freaking out, are you self-motivated? If yes, don't waste money on prep courses.

5) You pay to do research, or you get paid? Why would anyone ever PAY to do research.... And what's wrong with getting paid to research something.... So... medical schools don't care you got paid. If i was an Adcom and heard that you paid someone to research, I'd think you were an idiot, so I'd rule you out.

I'm getting paid to do research...

And yeah, I wasn't worried about my MCAT until I got a C+ in organic chem...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting paid to do research...

And yeah, I wasn't worried about my MCAT until I got a C+ in organic chem...

Does your school offer advanced organic or something equivalent? The A in biochem will probably do the trick, but try some other upper level sciences courses.

Well, I have two more semesters left and I'm taking 18 credit hours each semester. For the fall, to get my minor in chem, I'm taking quantitative analysis...I don't have room to put in another class, you know? They offer synthetic organic chemistry, but it wouldn't fulfill my chem minor.