The Waiting Game....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

astarblaze

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I've long since submitted all of my applications, and now.... waiting. For what seems like forever. December and January just can't come soon enough.

Anyone else feeling the same way? How are you distracting yourself?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
So, I've long since submitted all of my applications, and now.... waiting. For what seems like forever. December and January just can't come soon enough.

The waiting game is terrible!!!! I keep having to tell myself to not send emails or call admissions offices because I'm just so eager to know. I'm literally driving myself insane! I've been watching Netflix at night after work to distract myself - and reminding myself that no admissions officer is sitting at their computer at 9pm at night waiting to send me my news so hyper-checking my email is going to do nothing. I'm dying over here!!!

Reactions: 1 users

It has been awful! I check my emails every 5 minutes! :arghh: And I'm on here pretty much 24/7 waiting to see if anyone got accepted to a school I applied to. I've been trying to keep myself distracted with anything I can find.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It has been awful! I check my emails every 5 minutes! :arghh: And I'm on here pretty much 24/7 waiting to see if anyone got accepted to a school I applied to. I've been trying to keep myself distracted with anything I can find.
I'm glad to know that we aren't alone in this. It's so funny because all of it is totally out of our control right now. I just wish I could take a chill pill!

Reactions: 1 user

Haha- I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this! The other day I went so far as to start following SDN members who applied to the same programs I did so that I'd get a notification if they posted (i.e. if they heard from a program I applied to). :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
The waiting game is terrible!!!! I keep having to tell myself to not send emails or call admissions offices because I'm just so eager to know. I'm literally driving myself insane! I've been watching Netflix at night after work to distract myself - and reminding myself that no admissions officer is sitting at their computer at 9pm at night waiting to send me my news so hyper-checking my email is going to do nothing. I'm dying over here!!!

+1 for netflix :)

Haha- I'm glad I'm not the only one doing this! The other day I went so far as to start following SDN members who applied to the same programs I did so that I'd get a notification if they posted (i.e. if they heard from a program I applied to). :oops:
You are following one of the same SDN members I am following :) I swear I'm not this person, but this waiting has turned me into this person! #help

You are following one of the same SDN members I am following :)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going slightly nuts here.

Also just discovered the emojis in the text editor- new distraction!!! :rofl:

I'm the same way. I refresh my damn email every 20 minutes and check this website constantly. I need a new Netflix show..suggestions?

Reactions: 3 users
I'm the same way. I refresh my damn email every 20 minutes and check this website constantly. I need a new Netflix show..suggestions?
Just started watching White Collar - really good if you like suspense/crime/comedy shows!

I keep checking my email too. But one girl said she got a call from Duke? I thought they would send an email. . . So should we be waiting for a call or email haha?

I've been keeping busy with Shameless on Netflix!

I keep checking my email too. But one girl said she got a call from Duke? I thought they would send an email. . . So should we be waiting for a call or email haha?

I wondered the same thing! I got both a call and an email from Northwestern, so maybe both?? I JUST WANNA HEAR FROM DUKE!

Members don't see this ad :)

I just started Shameless last night! It's already so awesome

Where did everyone apply?

Where did everyone apply?
I applied to U of Colorado (I'm from Boulder and went to U of Colorado at Boulder), Duke, and Northwestern. I'm in at Northwestern, won't hear back from U of Colorado until December 17th, and Duke.....who knowsssss :) Even though Duke is my number one choice, thinking about being 100K in debt after that school makes me cringe a little bit! What about you?

I'm in Hawaii, and most of the schools I applied to are on the east coast so I wake up a few times a night checking for phantom emails or phone calls since that is when I will likely receive news. A few of the schools I've applied to (VCU, Duke) have evidently already sent out some acceptances, which feels like a narrow window turning into a sliver.

I've started watching Black Sails not only for high seas escapism, but perhaps as a primer on an alternative career.

I'm in Hawaii, and most of the schools I applied to are on the east coast so I wake up a few times a night checking for phantom emails or phone calls since that is when I will likely receive news. A few of the schools I've applied to (VCU, Duke) have evidently already sent out some acceptances, which feels like a narrow window turning into a sliver.

I've started watching Black Sails not only for high seas escapism, but perhaps as a primer on an alternative career.
Don't lose hope yet @ExpungeBob !! If some schools are using the same "process", I know a lot have sent out their first wave of acceptances the third week in November and will send our more late December or late January. I don't necessarily know how it works, but I think they send acceptances out to half or a little more and then wait to hear back from them and then send more out. That's the only thing I'm counting on :)

I applied to U of Colorado (I'm from Boulder and went to U of Colorado at Boulder), Duke, and Northwestern. I'm in at Northwestern, won't hear back from U of Colorado until December 17th, and Duke.....who knowsssss :) Even though Duke is my number one choice, thinking about being 100K in debt after that school makes me cringe a little bit! What about you?
My friend is in his third year at Duke in the DPT program and he LOVES it there. Fingers crossed for you!!
I applied to a lot of schools. I'm from Southern California so a lot of California schools like CSUN, CSU Long Beach, University of St. Augustine, USC, etc... and then also NAU, Pacific U, BU, UNE. It's gunna be a real shock to my system if I end up on the east coast!

My friend is in his third year at Duke in the DPT program and he LOVES it there. Fingers crossed for you!!
I applied to a lot of schools. I'm from Southern California so a lot of California schools like CSUN, CSU Long Beach, University of St. Augustine, USC, etc... and then also NAU, Pacific U, BU, UNE. It's gunna be a real shock to my system if I end up on the east coast!
I wish I had residency in California because I would have applied to a bunch of schools there! You'll love the east coast though if you end up going there :) And THANK YOU!!! I'll take all the finger crossing I can get. I want to go there SO badly! I'm still not giving up hope, but after hearing that a bunch of other people were called last monday for acceptances it's making me feel a little less optimistic!

@aks33 Do you know how long he waited to hear from Duke when he applied?? I know it was 3 years ago so he might not. :)

@aks33 Do you know how long he waited to hear from Duke when he applied?? I know it was 3 years ago so he might not. :)
Yeah actually! He interviewed mid December and I believe got accepted in January.

Yeah actually! He interviewed mid December and I believe got accepted in January.
Great thanks! I know they've done away with the interview process, so I'm hoping that they send out another round of acceptances after a few weeks. Have you gotten into any of your schools yet?

Great thanks! I know they've done away with the interview process, so I'm hoping that they send out another round of acceptances after a few weeks. Have you gotten into any of your schools yet?
No:( I interviewed at St. Augustine two weeks ago and they said we would find out in 3ish weeks. Other than that I haven't heard back yet from anywhere. I don't think my blood pressure can handle waiting until January to hear back haha

No:( I interviewed at St. Augustine two weeks ago and they said we would find out in 3ish weeks. Other than that I haven't heard back yet from anywhere. I don't think my blood pressure can handle waiting until January to hear back haha
HAHA that made me laugh out loud because I feel the exact same way! I've been exhausted everyday after work from reading these and anxiously awaiting phone calls and have had to go to the gym every night just to calm myself so I can go to sleep. I know we will all look back on this time and laugh after we graduate but for right now it's terrible!

heyyyy so-cal applicant here too. Applied CSUN, CSU-San Diego, Mt. Saint Mary's, San Francisco and Pacific University. Someone said they got an acceptance to CSUN already, but I haven't heard a thing! Sucks man, sucks.

heyyyy so-cal applicant here too. Applied CSUN, CSU-San Diego, Mt. Saint Mary's, San Francisco and Pacific University. Someone said they got an acceptance to CSUN already, but I haven't heard a thing! Sucks man, sucks.
Where did you see someone get a CSUN acceptance already??

CSUN gave a pretty specific date for when we should be hearing from them so I wouldn't be too worried :)

won't hear back from U of Colorado until December 17th

Hey Koala- I also applied to Colorado, and had heard "mid Dec" for when we'd hear back. How did you get the Dec 17th date? Info session?

Hey Koala- I also applied to Colorado, and had heard "mid Dec" for when we'd hear back. How did you get the Dec 17th date? Info session?

Hey @astarblaze I spoke with someone in admissions awhile back and she said that we would most likely know "no later than December 17th/18th". But that could change depending on how many applications they receive. I know in the past applicants have heard around the 9th/10th but I think it all depends!

Hey @astarblaze I spoke with someone in admissions awhile back and she said that we would most likely know "no later than December 17th/18th". But that could change depending on how many applications they receive. I know in the past applicants have heard around the 9th/10th but I think it all depends!

I see. I know they got a TON of applications last year. Hopefully the number didn't go up again this year, and fingers crossed for hearing back sooner rather than later. The suspense is killing me! I just want to skip the next two or so weeks of my life, haha. :bang:

You don't happen to have any idea of how they select who to interview (ie if it's exclusively stats-based, do they use GPA/GRE cut-offs, how much extra weight in-state applicants get, etc)?

I see. I know they got a TON of applications last year. Hopefully the number didn't go up again this year, and fingers crossed for hearing back sooner rather than later. The suspense is killing me! I just want to skip the next two or so weeks of my life, haha. :bang:

You don't happen to have any idea of how they select who to interview (ie if it's exclusively stats-based, do they use GPA/GRE cut-offs, how much extra weight in-state applicants get, etc)?
HAHAH that emoji is exactly how I feel right now. I'm ready to fast forward through the next month and I love Christmas and New Years :)

We had a student who did her clinicals at our PT office from the Colorado program and she said about 75% of her class was in-state. I know that has been their trend over the past few years and that's why I applied because I thought if I don't get in anywhere else, then at least I might have a better shot there.

As far as what they look at, I know it's not exclusively stat-based like a lot of other schools. Granted, if you have higher stats that definitely helps. But from what I've gathered from current students and alums, they place more weight on extras and volunteer hours and experience. They want to see more well rounded applicants. Hope that helps!!! I think it's funny that there are zero threads this year about Colorado schools - do you think it's because they are really competitive??

HAHAH that emoji is exactly how I feel right now. I'm ready to fast forward through the next month and I love Christmas and New Years :)

We had a student who did her clinicals at our PT office from the Colorado program and she said about 75% of her class was in-state. I know that has been their trend over the past few years and that's why I applied because I thought if I don't get in anywhere else, then at least I might have a better shot there.

As far as what they look at, I know it's not exclusively stat-based like a lot of other schools. Granted, if you have higher stats that definitely helps. But from what I've gathered from current students and alums, they place more weight on extras and volunteer hours and experience. They want to see more well rounded applicants. Hope that helps!!! I think it's funny that there are zero threads this year about Colorado schools - do you think it's because they are really competitive??

Thanks! Dunno if I stand a chance as an out-of-state applicant, but worth a try.

I'm guessing that when the Colorado schools start sending out interview invites there will be more activity on the forum. If nothing else, I'll post! Hehehe. I know there's at least a handful of people who are on the forum who have applied to Regis and/or U of Colorado.

Thanks! Dunno if I stand a chance as an out-of-state applicant, but worth a try.

I'm guessing that when the Colorado schools start sending out interview invites there will be more activity on the forum. If nothing else, I'll post! Hehehe. I know there's at least a handful of people who are on the forum who have applied to Regis and/or U of Colorado.

Looking at your GRE scores (damn you did good!!! :) and all your extras and volunteer work I think you have a very good chance! Let me know if/when you hear anything!

I got into CSUN. They notified me three weeks ago. They said they'd let everyone know their status by January.

Looking at your GRE scores (damn you did good!!! :) and all your extras and volunteer work I think you have a very good chance! Let me know if/when you hear anything!

Thanks! I hope so. My cum GPA is my achilles heel though. (All those darn Bs I got some 10 years back... :depressed: )

Will definitely let you know if I hear anything. Hopefully we'll both get some good news at the same time!

A little bit of a random post, but I saw y'all shared Netflix series that you're currently watching. Is anybody a Spanish speaker ?? I'm looking for a GOOD Spanish series to watch on Netflix, just trying to improve on my Spanish skills, lol

A little bit of a random post, but I saw y'all shared Netflix series that you're currently watching. Is anybody a Spanish speaker ?? I'm looking for a GOOD Spanish series to watch on Netflix, just trying to improve on my Spanish skills, lol
Narcos! Narcos! Narcos!

Ohhhh I heard about this one! Going to check it out :) I know there's Spanish subtitles, hopefully there Spanish audio too

CSUN gave a pretty specific date for when we should be hearing from them so I wouldn't be too worried :)
Do you mind sharing what that date is? I got accepted to Chapman but would really prefer not to pay for private school tuition..

Were you an early decision applicant?
Nope. I had to contact them a bit because I haven't graduated and they almost didn't take my physics classes. They sent out the first round of offers three weeks ago but they said all the spots aren't full yet.

Narcos! Narcos! Narcos!

Ohhhh I heard about this one! Going to check it out :) I know there's Spanish subtitles, hopefully there Spanish audio too

Thanks for the rec! Watched the first episode. Glad to have an entertaining way to get some Spanish exposure in. :)

@beyoutiful_sunshine On Netflix you can adjust the settings so that the audio (and subtitles) are both in Spanish. Figured this out halfway through watching an episode. :)

Seriously though, if I don't hear back from Emory soon...I might go crazy!! What is up with the long wait? All schools need to have a common deadline.

Seriously though, if I don't hear back from Emory soon...I might go crazy!! What is up with the long wait? All schools need to have a common deadline.

That would be asking a lot from all schools. Not all schools have the same number of applicants to review or the same amount of resources available to them to do such a task. Plus, every school has different requirements and thus a different review process.