The Weirdest People You Met At Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
son-i-am-disappoint.gif

+pissed++pissed++pissed+
+pissed++pissed++pissed+
+pissed++pissed++pissed+
 

This thread is starting to read like a soap opera....

Although I agree that letting him know would be the right thing to do.

Just like how if I was being weird in a bad way in an interview, I'd love it if another interviewee comes up to me, takes me aside, and tells me what I'm doing/saying that's weird and why.

Except nobody would do that because they care about their own acceptances, obvi, so they'd probably just feel satisfaction to see someone throw themselves under a bus - better shot for them, right?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread is starting to read like a soap opera....

Although I agree that letting him know would be the right thing to do.

Just like how if I was being weird in a bad way in an interview, I'd love it if another interviewee comes up to me, takes me aside, and tells me what I'm doing/saying that's weird and why.

Except nobody would do that because they care about their own acceptances, obvi, so they'd probably just feel satisfaction to see someone throw themselves under a bus - better shot for them, right?

When do we get to the part where someone returns from the dead and reveals they had a secret affair?

Or is this a telenovela? :meanie:
 
9.68785986/10 thread.

Props to the gunner for showing his mug and backing down a little bit, at least with the illegal stuff.
 
I just remembered an interesting girl at one of my interviews - or what she was wearing, really.

She was wearing a skirt suit that had an abundance of zippers. Like, every possible place a zipper could be - it was there. The slits on her skirt were zippers. Her suit jacket didn't button - it zipped. All the pockets were zippers. The small zipper that's normally at the back/side of a pencil skirt and is usually never noticeable was replaced with a, you guessed it - HUGE zipper. She jingled when she walked and it even looked like the heavy zippers weighed down the suit because it seemed to just sit kind of funky on her. It was so loud that I seriously kept thinking that either a bunch of cats and/or Santa was following me when we were on the tour. And these weren't tiny zippers. I'm talking like the size of zippers little kids have on their plastic backpacks or something...

To top it off, she was wearing flats that had a zipper on the back of them. Literally a walking ad for a store I can only assume would be called Zippers R Us.

I'm no fashionista myself, but it was a bit over the top IMO.
 
I just remembered an interesting girl at one of my interviews - or what she was wearing, really.

She was wearing a skirt suit that had an abundance of zippers. Like, every possible place a zipper could be - it was there. The slits on her skirt were zippers. Her suit jacket didn't button - it zipped. All the pockets were zippers. The small zipper that's normally at the back/side of a pencil skirt and is usually never noticeable was replaced with a, you guessed it - HUGE zipper. She jingled when she walked and it even looked like the heavy zippers weighed down the suit because it seemed to just sit kind of funky on her. It was so loud that I seriously kept thinking that either a bunch of cats and/or Santa was following me when we were on the tour. And these weren't tiny zippers. I'm talking like the size of zippers little kids have on their plastic backpacks or something...

To top it off, she was wearing flats that had a zipper on the back of them. Literally a walking ad for a store I can only assume would be called Zippers R Us.

I'm no fashionista myself, but it was a bit over the top IMO.

That was me. Problem?
 
I just remembered an interesting girl at one of my interviews - or what she was wearing, really.

She was wearing a skirt suit that had an abundance of zippers. Like, every possible place a zipper could be - it was there. The slits on her skirt were zippers. Her suit jacket didn't button - it zipped. All the pockets were zippers. The small zipper that's normally at the back/side of a pencil skirt and is usually never noticeable was replaced with a, you guessed it - HUGE zipper. She jingled when she walked and it even looked like the heavy zippers weighed down the suit because it seemed to just sit kind of funky on her. It was so loud that I seriously kept thinking that either a bunch of cats and/or Santa was following me when we were on the tour. And these weren't tiny zippers. I'm talking like the size of zippers little kids have on their plastic backpacks or something...

To top it off, she was wearing flats that had a zipper on the back of them. Literally a walking ad for a store I can only assume would be called Zippers R Us.

I'm no fashionista myself, but it was a bit over the top IMO.

Maybe she gets royalties from the zipper company.
 
OK, I'll admit that I tweeted him because I thought he deserved to know. I at least would want to know. It probably did good all around though. I mean you proved to him why he should make his profiles private. I felt like some jerk would have RollSmallsed this guy, and despite the arrogance, I didn't want that to happen. Now he knows to maintain a private profile and he even joined SDN. My intentions weren't for him to come here and receive snarky comments though. I hope he realizes that.

just read this entire thread...wow! that must have been a strange day for him. he was probably studying when he got the tweet from MuAgonist and then found this thread. what a surreal experience! im glad you let him know because that only made this thread better!
 
just read this entire thread...wow! that must have been a strange day for him. he was probably studying when he got the tweet from MuAgonist and then found this thread. what a surreal experience! im glad you let him know because that only made this thread better!

If I were him, I'd be freakin livid. That kinda mentality though, he was definitely asking for some negative attention. Did this thread go a bit over the top? Ohhhh yeah. Did that make it pretty awesome? ....yup! 😀
 
just read this entire thread...wow! that must have been a strange day for him. he was probably studying when he got the tweet from MuAgonist and then found this thread. what a surreal experience! im glad you let him know because that only made this thread better!

A wild Josh reappears
 
A wild Josh reappears

what? I'm not josh. i've been lurking for a couple years but I finally made an account so I could comment on this epic thread. I think he should come back and answer some questions. first, how does walking across america on the side of highways spread the word of jesus? wouldn't the time be better spent helping people instead of doing this strange walk with his gf? why did he change his name?
 
what? I'm not josh. i've been lurking for a couple years but I finally made an account so I could comment on this epic thread. I think he should come back and answer some questions. first, how does walking across america on the side of highways spread the word of jesus? wouldn't the time be better spent helping people instead of doing this strange walk with his gf? why did he change his name?

He says why he is walking across America on his website:


What do you attempt to achieve by walking across the country?

My mission is simple. I plan on spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to those that I meet along the way; to follow in Jesus' footsteps and sup with those I minister to; to meet people where they're at and let God do the work from there. I don't claim to be "holier-than-thou", nor do I wish to say that I will be a walking example of how a Christian should reach others. Everyone in the body of Christ has their own part, none more important than the other.
"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another."
- Romans 12:5
I've felt this calling from God for almost three years, and I firmly believe that this walk is in God's will and that I am to use it as a way to reach His people. I hope to meet many people along the way and make a life experience out of it while simultaneously reaching people in Jesus' name. With prayer and steadfastness, I plan to diligently seek God's guidance on the walk continually, walking in the direction He leads me. My true mission is that everyone I meet along the way would come to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, but I can only hope and pray for as much.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned..."
- Mark 16: 15-16

Regarding the name change: he has said that he changed it to his biological last name because he was given the wrong last name at birth
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
He says why he is walking across America on his website:


What do you attempt to achieve by walking across the country?

My mission is simple. I plan on spreading the gospel of Jesus Christ to those that I meet along the way; to follow in Jesus' footsteps and sup with those I minister to; to meet people where they're at and let God do the work from there. I don't claim to be "holier-than-thou", nor do I wish to say that I will be a walking example of how a Christian should reach others. Everyone in the body of Christ has their own part, none more important than the other.
"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another."
- Romans 12:5
I've felt this calling from God for almost three years, and I firmly believe that this walk is in God's will and that I am to use it as a way to reach His people. I hope to meet many people along the way and make a life experience out of it while simultaneously reaching people in Jesus' name. With prayer and steadfastness, I plan to diligently seek God's guidance on the walk continually, walking in the direction He leads me. My true mission is that everyone I meet along the way would come to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, but I can only hope and pray for as much.
He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned..."
- Mark 16: 15-16

Regarding the name change: he has said that he changed it to his biological last name because he was given the wrong last name at birth

i mean he seems like a decent guy, i guess

but it does seem a little like his "premed gunner" attitude is spilling over...

...Med school ADCOMs might get fooled by gunners I can assure you God does not. 😀
 
Did Jesus go on hiatus as well?

I think Mormons got this part right. I would go full bore or not at all. But this is just the opinion of yours truly, a religio-phobe atheist. :meanie:
 
Did Jesus go on hiatus as well?

I think Mormons got this part right. I would go full bore or not at all. But this is just the opinion of yours truly, a religio-phobe atheist. :meanie:

yeah he goes across the country with his girlfriend and one tent. he also had photos of her in bed on his facebook before it was made private. I hope there isn't any premarital activities going on! also, he dated two sisters! I wonder what jesus thinks
 
I'm so glad I read this whole thread. The only weird person I met at an interview was a current student who came up to our table during lunch and asked us if we had any questions. She seemed really upset. When we asked her numerous questions, she kept giving us terse one-word answers and getting progressively more pissed off. It was super weird.

Us: "Are you involved in any clubs? What do you do in your free time?"
Her: "I don't do any clubs. I just want to study and finish."
 
I was probably the weirdest person anyone ever met on an interview, lol. I was 36.5 weeks pregnant with a PEG tube and WITHOUT an MCAT score for the one that I had last fall.

When I reflect back on the interview, the entire process was beyond bizarre. Ultimately I was rejected, but I enjoyed the ride and made some more pretty awesome premed friends! 🙂

Hopefully, this next cycle wil go better for me. I'll be unpregnant (lol), no longer have a feeding tube poking out from my clothes, and hopefully I'll have a rockn' MCAT score.
 
I was probably the weirdest person anyone ever met on an interview, lol. I was 36.5 weeks pregnant with a PEG tube and WITHOUT an MCAT score for the one that I had last fall.

When I reflect back on the interview, the entire process was beyond bizarre. Ultimately I was rejected, but I enjoyed the ride and made some more pretty awesome premed friends! 🙂

Hopefully, this next cycle wil go better for me. I'll be unpregnant (lol), no longer have a feeding tube poking out from my clothes, and hopefully I'll have a rockn' MCAT score.

😕How did you manage to get an interview without an MCAT?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
 
I was probably the weirdest person anyone ever met on an interview, lol. I was 36.5 weeks pregnant with a PEG tube and WITHOUT an MCAT score for the one that I had last fall.

When I reflect back on the interview, the entire process was beyond bizarre. Ultimately I was rejected, but I enjoyed the ride and made some more pretty awesome premed friends! 🙂

Hopefully, this next cycle wil go better for me. I'll be unpregnant (lol), no longer have a feeding tube poking out from my clothes, and hopefully I'll have a rockn' MCAT score.

Everything else okay? You, baby...?
 
Everything else okay? You, baby...?

Awe shucks! 🙂 Everything is fantastic. I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl on 12/12/12. I'm physically and emotionally stronger than ever despite being in the hospital for three months in the summer (the reason I lacked an MCAT score). I had my PEG tube removed finally, and even my coworkers say that I glow with happiness. My family has adjusted well throughout.

I plan to take the MCAT in June. If it was my personality that they didn't like when I interviewed, I am fortunate enough to live close to Michigan State that doesn't do interviews (their DO school, that is) so I may have a fighting chance this application cycle.
 
Awe shucks! 🙂 Everything is fantastic. I had a beautiful, healthy baby girl on 12/12/12. I'm physically and emotionally stronger than ever despite being in the hospital for three months in the summer (the reason I lacked an MCAT score). I had my PEG tube removed finally, and even my coworkers say that I glow with happiness. My family has adjusted well throughout.

I plan to take the MCAT in June. If it was my personality that they didn't like when I interviewed, I am fortunate enough to live close to Michigan State that doesn't do interviews (their DO school, that is) so I may have a fighting chance this application cycle.

Congrats! Pretty awesome day to be born. My wife and I had a bit of a close call when she was about 6 months preggers. Just 2 weeks prior to my MCAT date, she got rear ended by a Jeep at about 35 mph. She was at a compete stop. She started contracting at 2 minute intervals and got stuck in the hospital for a day, but the contractions subsided, and all turned out well. Healthy baby born in August.

Good luck on the MCAT and this app cycle!
 
Closing this thread as it has been off topic for a while now.

Also, please keep in mind SDN's policy on harassment, which is
Harassment and Flaming

Student Doctor Network members are not permitted to harass or “flame” other members. Please do not post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the rights of others, or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum’s topic and/or members.
It is not appropriate to use SDN to bash, physically threaten, or otherwise harass other premeds, med students, or really anyone at all, even if they aren't identifiable as a SDN user. It is also inappropriate to use SDN as a launchpad for harassing people on other websites, including making them into a meme or posting on their social media pages.

To end this on a positive note, let's all try to work towards this sort of an atmosphere:
The Student Doctor Network (SDN) is dedicated to developing and maintaining a friendly online community, where members of all ages and backgrounds feel relaxed and comfortable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.