theranos

Started by ipotrader
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really there isn't much difference between prison and working in a pathology laboratory each day.

It's best to just keep to yourself and not fight or join a gang. That strategy works in prison and the workplace.

Elizabeth and Sunny better be careful. If they fight this too hard, they could end up doing 5 years. Take the plea and do a year or two. Who knows, maybe they will be out in time to celebrate Trump's re-election.
 
Really there isn't much difference between prison and working in a pathology laboratory each day.

It's best to just keep to yourself and not fight or join a gang. That strategy works in prison and the workplace.

Elizabeth and Sunny better be careful. If they fight this too hard, they could end up doing 5 years. Take the plea and do a year or two. Who knows, maybe they will be out in time to celebrate Trump's re-election.
i don’t think they can fight this effectively because they are broke
 
She can make money being herself. She is infamous and can live off that. But her legal team needs to be getting her a decent plea deal. A few years in prison isn't too bad. A decade or more sucks.
 

  • Holmes’ attorney argued the government’s case against Holmes was too vague and full of “fudging language.”
  • She also argued the company’s technology was not as unreliable as portrayed by the prosecution, and that it is usual for blood tests to have “error rates.”
 
She should try the affluenza defense. She appears to have come from wealth. Worked for that guy who was drunk and killed all those people.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Met her and kinda feel bad for her now. She is mentally disturbed, but I dont think this defense will succeed.

She is doomed, but needs to be a permanent exemplar of how the social justice types can reek havoc on the very people they profess to want to help.
 
Met her and kinda feel bad for her now. She is mentally disturbed, but I dont think this defense will succeed.

The weirdest thing about meeting her in person were her crazy eyes. It was almost like a nystagmus when you asked her a question. I don't think it will be hard for her to "pretend" to be crazy.
 
The weirdest thing about meeting her in person were her crazy eyes. It was almost like a nystagmus when you asked her a question. I don't think it will be hard for her to "pretend" to be crazy.

I think you are reading too much into her bizarre eye contact situation, she is absolutely on the Autism spectrum as many highly intelligent focused people are. As a result, she oscillates between not looking at you while she is talking to bizarre hyperfocused staring because she knows she is prone to "autism eyes".

My wife yells at my son constantly because of the way he avoids eye contact and he is doing the same damn thing now.

Its like a fake smile that looks painful.
 
Great. She gets to go to the pen and the child is left without a maternal bond. I could not care less about Ms. Holmes.
 
"As a prominent former CEO, Ms. Holmes is far too bust to be tried for her crimes. She promises to have more time for her trial at the conclusion of her life, estimated to be in about 45 years."
 
I believe she got pregnant in order to garner jury sympathy. Jurors are reticent to send a new mom to the slammer for 20 years.
 
Wouldn't she be more sympathetic to the jury if she had the baby bump during the trial rather than an invisible baby at home?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She's even being a fraud during pre trial proceedings

 
This is the Federal Court system. She IS going to the slammer. Only RARELY do federal felony defendants walk.
It ain’t like State courts.
 
This is the Federal Court system. She IS going to the slammer. Only RARELY do federal felony defendants walk.
It ain’t like State courts.

I just imaging it to be one of those court room drama episode.
“He made me do it…..”
“She made me do it…”

Female lead found not guilty.

During his trial,
EH: “I did it…. And I am protected by double jeopardy… you cannot touch me…”

End scene.

I watched too much TV. And obviously don’t have any real experiences in the judicial systems.
 
I just hope the jury is pissed off by her blatant sympathy grab by having a kid. And it shows how selfish she is because that kid already has a tough row to hoe for decades.
 
She's even being a fraud during pre trial proceedings

I guess he never learned the #1 rule of Steve McNair's guide to dating.....
 
I just imaging it to be one of those court room drama episode.
“He made me do it…..”
“She made me do it…”

Female lead found not guilty.

During his trial,
EH: “I did it…. And I am protected by double jeopardy… you cannot touch me…”

End scene.

I watched too much TV. And obviously don’t have any real experiences in the judicial systems.
What you're describing is the classic prisoner's dilemma. In what you described, both will go to jail.

Even if one Walks from federal charges, State charges can be pressed. Double Jeopardy doesn't apply between state and federal crimes
 
Excellent point Goro. That is why you can be acquitted of State charges of murder 1 but spend 20 years in the fed pen for being found guilty of “depriving someone of their civil rights by killing them”, a federal charge.
 
Maybe his strategy is to F up the proceedings enough for a mistrial to be declared.

Holmes appears to be one of those people who look better in a mask.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will add IRL she is hot, not merely attractive. And she can clean up very well when not in crazy mode, which makes this whole thing even more sad...

I think in a different "what if" reality she would have kicked butt as an biopharma exec in a normal company, been insanely successful, lived very well and would have a normal existence.

I wonder how much the entire extreme Stanford vibe at the time fed into her psychopathology. All or nothing attitude, start up/get uber rich or you are a failure is absurd looking back at it.
 
I will add IRL she is hot, not merely attractive. And she can clean up very well when not in crazy mode, which makes this whole thing even more sad...

I think in a different "what if" reality she would have kicked butt as an biopharma exec in a normal company, been insanely successful, lived very well and would have a normal existence.

I wonder how much the entire extreme Stanford vibe at the time fed into her psychopathology. All or nothing attitude, start up/get uber rich or you are a failure is absurd looking back at it.
She comes from a pretty connected family. Obviously her basic premise about using microfluidics, software, hardware coupled to growing up with sci-fi was attractive to anyone without true knowledge of those minor details of reality. The timing for her success was appropriate for a Palo Alto feeding frenzy post 2008 major economic crisis. The Ponzi scheme that feeds the beast. Obviously a gifted speaker, influencer, and seller with the right connections and persistence to get buy in. She is amongst the pantheon of fallen gods now to scratch that click bait itch.