theranos

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Should have done a plea deal. The odds of beating federal cases is very low. Sunny, do a deal.

Should have done a plea deal. The odds of beating federal cases is very low. Sunny, do a deal.

Should’ve split town with about 10M to a non- extradition country like I suggested before her felony arrest and while she still had a passport. That is because as Webb so correctly pointed out, federal cases that go to trial almost always result in a conviction. I think it may be too late for Sunny. Already rejected a plea and he has nothing he can “give up” now that Liz is toast.

Reactions: 1 user
Now that the trial is over, and our darling Ms. Holmes was found guilty of 4 counts of fraud, I want to point out she was NOT found guilty of defrauding PATIENTS but instead only INVESTORS. I wonder what you guys think about that.

Is anyone accountable for the fraud and inaccurate results that damaged peoples' lives? I'd argue the medical director should be held accountable.

Now that the trial is over, and our darling Ms. Holmes was found guilty of 4 counts of fraud, I want to point out she was NOT found guilty of defrauding PATIENTS but instead only INVESTORS. I wonder what you guys think about that.

Is anyone accountable for the fraud and inaccurate results that damaged peoples' lives? I'd argue the medical director should be held accountable.

I think those people that had damages should have no trouble winning a civil suit ( i am assuming damages that are “substantial “, the type a plaintiff’s atty would be interested in. If it was an erroneous LDH and nothing came of it, there are no damages, or likely to be so inconsequential, that it is unlikely a significant suit would arise. There would, perhaps, be a “nuisance “ settlement.)

I wish that Derm would answer for his role in this mess.

"Dhawan testified that between November 2014 and the summer of 2015, he only went to the lab twice and worked a total of five to 10 hours. He told jurors that he never met any employees, physicians or patients."

I wish that Derm would answer for his role in this mess.

"Dhawan testified that between November 2014 and the summer of 2015, he only went to the lab twice and worked a total of five to 10 hours. He told jurors that he never met any employees, physicians or patients."

He is a f****** dermatologist. He wouldn’t even know how to answer any questions as re laboratory medicine. This fellow does not even know the FUNDAMENTALS of clinical pathology, to say nothing of clinical chemistry. If he could correctly and concisely define sensitivity, specificity, precision and accuracy I would b**w him.

Reactions: 1 users
He is a f****** dermatologist. He wouldn’t even know how to answer any questions as re laboratory medicine. This fellow does not even know the FUNDAMENTALS of clinical pathology, to say nothing of clinical chemistry. If he could correctly and concisely define sensitivity, specificity, precision and accuracy I would b**w him.

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I‘m not happy about it, but some folks on twitter who purportedly have some legal know how said it might have to do with intent and how difficult it can be to prove it and it was maybe more obvious she was deliberately scamming investors than deliberately trying to screw patients.

Didn't that derm have an in-office lab? That makes him an expert on running laboratories.......

I'm ready for her to be sentenced and disappear. Some of us have been watching this play out for like the last decade. It was frustrating as hell watching the media fawn over her in 2013/14 and lab organizations say/do absolutely nothing when there was such an obvious fraud going on.

LOCK HER UP already. Wish Sunny, David Boies and a few others would end up in there as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Didn't realize what a d***head Boies is until the stories of witness/whistleblower intimidation were revealed. What a POS. Of course, everything he did was legal; seems like it shouldn't be. Any patient harm that occurred while he was suppressing the truth from coming out is on him, IMO.

I will add a vote to Jackass Forever, I watched it and loved it.

The spider stunt was insane.

So Sunny will be doing more time than Holmes. He needed a baby bump.

So the old medical director regrets his testimony? And supposedly Holmes is pregnant again? The soap opera continues.