There are no experimental passages!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brookedoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does anyone else in this forum realize that there aren't really any experimental passages. Everyone is writing in here as if there are, I could be wrong, but I don't think they exixt. What are your thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Brookedoc said:
Is it just me, or does anyone else in this forum realize that there aren't really any experimental passages. Everyone is writing in here as if there are, I could be wrong, but I don't think they exixt. What are your thoughts?

Taken from MCAT FAQ

How does the MCAT get test questions?

A large pool of content experts writes the items. New items are included in each administration of the MCAT as "field test" questions. Field test questions are not scored, but they are assessed for their performance and, if they are approved, are used on a future MCAT.

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/about/faqs.htm

I have a feeling some are definitely experimental.

theory 1, those with DK or DM had the drosphila eye color passage. Only one question related directly to the passage (which is xlinked?) and the other 3 questions could be answered without reading the passage. Thats fishy.

another theory, DK and DM seem to have all but one passage thats identical...i think the variable passage may be the experimental one (although DK and DM) had the same drosphila eye.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had form DH. the drosphilia was there, the crabs were there, lots of physics, and a few ten question verbal passages. I would say that the BS was heavily weighted on molecular bio and genetics, UNLIKE ANY OF THE PRACTICS!!!

I had BG and I am pretty sure i remember us having the drosphila passage as well.

i read on the back of one of the booklets in fine print that there are some experimental passages....yea..you know when they say "read the directions in the back of your booklet"..haha..i guess i'm a fast reader..lol :laugh:

mzafaran said:
i read on the back of one of the booklets in fine print that there are some experimental passages....yea..you know when they say "read the directions in the back of your booklet"..haha..i guess i'm a fast reader..lol :laugh:

lol! nice work! :laugh: