You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
There Be Basics WW 2021
Started by kaydubs
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
AM is going to come for me if I let deadline go sitting on no vote
@PhiloslothicalStudent cray might make a last sec tie!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Cessna called me just now so that's that
Well, I won't (unless the tallies sell something deadly) but kdubs might.AM is going to come for me if I let deadline go sitting on no vote
and kaydubs is gonna come for you if its a tieAM is going to come for me if I let deadline go sitting on no vote
It took all my willpower not to touch the tie
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's 9:00...
I just went to eat Mexican food and this is what y'all do to me 🤣
Oh shyte. Was it a rule to put in a vote????
Wow, do I sound ominous.
VOTE CLOSED
VOTE CLOSED
GL village! Thanks for offing me on D1 yet again!
but you're not from california so is it really mexicanI just went to eat Mexican food and this is what y'all do to me 🤣
She said there would be quotes, which I was hoping for.I didn't think she was making it sound whatever...this feels a little stretchy here.
The first paragraph reads like you're trying to make conversation more than questions that weren't answered already.
You’re right about that, these weren’t probing questions, I was just confused about kras’s reads and was looking for clarification.
I just went to eat Mexican food and this is what y'all do to me 🤣
I mean you're sharing dinner with one of them lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes.Oh shyte. Was it a rule to put in a vote????
#alwaysbecampaigning
#mostlikelytodieD1aWWards2021
#mostlikelytodieD1aWWards2021
Oh no.Yes.
Probs not, I'm not sure??? All I can say is it's more Mexican than anything I would have gotten in Mainebut you're not from california so is it really mexican
It's Only Day 1 with Plenty to Choose From *FINAL* Yeet Tally
April (5) - alleycat, Acehunter, AM, genny, Dina
AM ()
Dina ()
alleycat ()
DubZ (2) - kras, Philosloth
kras ()
Philosloth (2) - supershorty, vetschools
MsP (1) - Dina
Viscernable ()
supershorty (1) - DrRoRo
genny (6) - Zenge, sunshinefl, April, Viscernable, DubZ, LaineyLou
Acehunter ()
16/18
Leading: @genny
Missing: @Ms Procrastinator @Crayola227
Yeet/Vote closed at 10pm Eastern, TODAY, Saturday 2/6/2021 (-3 minutes)
April (5) - alleycat, Acehunter, AM, genny, Dina
AM ()
Dina ()
alleycat ()
DubZ (2) - kras, Philosloth
kras ()
Philosloth (2) - supershorty, vetschools
MsP (1) - Dina
Viscernable ()
supershorty (1) - DrRoRo
genny (6) - Zenge, sunshinefl, April, Viscernable, DubZ, LaineyLou
Acehunter ()
16/18
Leading: @genny
Missing: @Ms Procrastinator @Crayola227
Yeet/Vote closed at 10pm Eastern, TODAY, Saturday 2/6/2021 (-3 minutes)
Vote closed, writeup pending
*************Probs not, I'm not sure??? All I can say is it's more Mexican than anything I would have gotten in Maine
Side note; I’m currently in Kansas and I’m from Texas and I miss good Mexican/Tex-Mex, especially queso can’t get any decent queso here 🤣
*************
*****************
Side note; I’m currently in Kansas and I’m from Texas and I miss good Mexican/Tex-Mex, especially queso can’t get any decent queso here 🤣
*************
born and raised californian, more than that I'm a first gen latina, probably going OOS for vet school, and i am SO scared of what other states call mexican food from what my roommates from Michigan and New Hampshire have told me
****
Rules
1. Do not discuss the game outside of thread or your role PM.
2. Participation Requirements: at least TEN posts per DAY cycle (i.e. 10 posts minimum during the 36 hour game day, night posts do not count toward the minimum). @Animal Midwife will be WATCHING!! Day vote and night action submission per appropriate cycle. (If you plan to not use your night action, please let me know so I can close early when appropriate. Life does happen, so if things get busy, send me contingency votes/actions).
ok, well technically I submitted votes/action to thread, if spirit of rule is for participation, I think I did in all respects. It's not like I just forgot to vote because I wasn't participating, and it was strategic that I unvoted. Clarification on whether or not it's OK to unvote for a cycle deliberately???[/spoiler]
*****************
born and raised californian, more than that I'm a first gen latina, probably going OOS for vet school, and i am SO scared of what other states call mexican food from what my roommates from Michigan and New Hampshire have told me
****
IDK about vet schools here, but Chicago's got enough of a hispanic population to have some really good/authentic mexican food
************
You're okay.ok, well technically I submitted votes/action to thread, if spirit of rule is for participation, I think I did in all respects. It's not like I just forgot to vote because I wasn't participating, and it was strategic that I unvoted. Clarification on whether or not it's OK to unvote for a cycle deliberately???[/spoiler]
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
How was it strategic when your vote wasn't on someone who was in danger of being yeeted/tied?ok, well technically I submitted votes/action to thread, if spirit of rule is for participation, I think I did in all respects. It's not like I just forgot to vote because I wasn't participating, and it was strategic that I unvoted. Clarification on whether or not it's OK to unvote for a cycle deliberately???[/spoiler]
I'm not sure why I always lose my ****ing mind at deadline.
I was trying to leave room to move to April to yeet April and prez genny. It didn't work because no one else made a move with me.How was it strategic when your vote wasn't on someone who was in danger of being yeeted/tied?
I never said the strategy was good nor worked.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
This sounds like the story of my lifeI never said the strategy was good nor worked.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
***** ok now i go away for the rest of the night for anniversary dinner/first dinner as AN ENGAGED PERSONNNN. thank you so much to everyone who congratulated me! it was very kind🙂 *****
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I saw you trying to tempt me with a tie genny, but not in a kaydubs game. Never again.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I'd like an answer to this @alleycat03"More jokey and upbeat" than what? You haven't seen me village, so what are you comparing to?
*******
Completely non game related...
How did you get a picture of my cats?
Day 1
Some players were already feeling a little stir-crazy. What had possessed them to sign up for this silly game anyways? Had kaydubs included in the fine print that they had to stay on the vessel and not go lollygagging about?
"There will be no humor."
"Too bad, I'm going to keep doing it."
Dead is @genny - Dragon, vanilla wolf
Carry on, brave souls. The hypothetical waters might be treacherous.
17 players remain
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Dinashadow
3. @WildZoo
4. @supershorty
5. @Aprilthearab
6. @Ms Procrastinator
8. @alleycat03
9. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
10. @LaineyLou
11. @Zenge142
12. @sunshinefl
13. @kraskadva
14. @Viscernable
15. @DrRoRo
16. @Crayola227
17. @PhiloslothicalStudent
18. @Acehunter123
Dead/Lost to Sea/Space
7. @genny - Dragon, vanilla wolf
It is now Night 1. PM deadline is at 10am EST (9am CST/8am MST/7am fantasyland) or sooner.
~*~*~*Table of Contents*~*~*~
Some players were already feeling a little stir-crazy. What had possessed them to sign up for this silly game anyways? Had kaydubs included in the fine print that they had to stay on the vessel and not go lollygagging about?
"There will be no humor."
"Too bad, I'm going to keep doing it."
Dead is @genny - Dragon, vanilla wolf
Carry on, brave souls. The hypothetical waters might be treacherous.
Some reminders:
-If you have questions, please ask me via PM. Questions posted on thread may likely be missed.
-For votes: remember to bold them or surround in ####vote###. Also kindly unvote/unyeet when appropriate.
-If you have questions, please ask me via PM. Questions posted on thread may likely be missed.
-For votes: remember to bold them or surround in ####vote###. Also kindly unvote/unyeet when appropriate.
17 players remain
1. @Animal Midwife
2. @Dinashadow
3. @WildZoo
4. @supershorty
5. @Aprilthearab
6. @Ms Procrastinator
8. @alleycat03
9. @vetschoolsletmeinplease
10. @LaineyLou
11. @Zenge142
12. @sunshinefl
13. @kraskadva
14. @Viscernable
15. @DrRoRo
16. @Crayola227
17. @PhiloslothicalStudent
18. @Acehunter123
Dead/Lost to Sea/Space
7. @genny - Dragon, vanilla wolf
It is now Night 1. PM deadline is at 10am EST (9am CST/8am MST/7am fantasyland) or sooner.
~*~*~*Table of Contents*~*~*~
Last edited:
Participation warnings:
@Ms Procrastinator & @DrRoRo - consider this your only warning.
Also, @Acehunter123 - you cut it pretty close. Be cognizant of that moving forward, yes? Cool.
@Ms Procrastinator & @DrRoRo - consider this your only warning.
Also, @Acehunter123 - you cut it pretty close. Be cognizant of that moving forward, yes? Cool.
Nice!
I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!!!#@!@!$$
but I do empathize with wanting to live past day 1, sorry about your role
but I do empathize with wanting to live past day 1, sorry about your role
I'll double check to make sure I didn't cut any corners, but I'll count anyone on genny prior to 9 as clear.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Hmmm.I don't find sloth particularly wolfy. I'll go there if I have to, but there's plenty of time for people to come to their senses.
Contingency yeet sloth.
Sorry slothy.
@Dinashadow I had you village, but I do have concerns now in light of the last minute switch to April after sitting on Ms. P (a non-factor for this yeet)....
OMG
I'm also kind of concerned that Sloth didn't move her vote to Genny... almost like she was hoping a tie would save her packmate and didn't want to put a nail in the coffinHmmm.
Contingency yeet sloth.
Sorry slothy.
I will say I didn’t move my vote to Genny because it seemed too convenient, it seemed like an easy voteI'm also kind of concerned that Sloth didn't move her vote to Genny... almost like she was hoping a tie would save her packmate and didn't want to put a nail in the coffin
If you weren't so sketchtastic I never would have wolf-read you!GL village! Thanks for offing me on D1 yet again!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
But if it had come down to a tie between April and genny I would have went with genny
welllll now I wish it would have cause this is the real pressure.... but for now I am sus. I need to go back and look for how everyone talked about and with GennyBut if it had come down to a tie between April and genny I would have went with genny
It's very easy to say that after she flipped.But if it had come down to a tie between April and genny I would have went with genny
@Dinashadow I had you village, but I do have concerns now in light of the last minute switch to April after sitting on Ms. P (a non-factor for this yeet)....
Yeah I expected that.

Oh my god I actually yeeted correctly this game! Came close last game with a kras vote but this is my first successful yeet! And there have been so many genny interactions to look at now 😲😀🧐
Similar threads
- Replies
- 180
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 1K
- Views
- 31K
- Replies
- 7K
- Views
- 121K