There IS hope for those of us with MCAT scores in the mid-upper 20's :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Colt 45

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, GREAT NEWS!!!!!! I took the August 2004 MCAT(second time taking it) and scored :
BS:11
PS:10
VR:5
(the first time I took it I scored:
BS:9
PS:8
VR:6 )

I went to hunter COllege (CUNY) (a city college), had a 3.97 GPA and only 60 hours of Volunteer work with NO RESEARCH.

Anyway, the great news is that I found out yesterday that I was accepted to SUNY Downstate :D . The fact that I am Colombian may have something to do with it (although it is really not listed on the groups considered URMs), but this is just to put a glimmer of hope out there for those of you with sub-30 MCAT scores. Good luck guys :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

No, you're not a URM (S. Amer's don't count). So that means you did it on your own merits. Congrats!

Colt 45 said:
Hey guys, GREAT NEWS!!!!!! I took the August 2004 MCAT(second time taking it) and scored :
BS:11
PS:10
VR:5
(the first time I took it I scored:
BS:9
PS:8
VR:6 )

I went to hunter COllege (CUNY) (a city college), had a 3.97 GPA and only 60 hours of Volunteer work with NO RESEARCH.

Anyway, the great news is that I found out yesterday that I was accepted to SUNY Downstate :D . The fact that I am Colombian may have something to do with it (although it is really not listed on the groups considered URMs), but this is just to put a glimmer of hope out there for those of you with sub-30 MCAT scores. Good luck guys :thumbup:

Your numbers seem good.. only low because of the verbal score but everything else is very competitive... English english your second language? maybe they are more forgiven if it is. congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)