These are my Confessions

Started by Jamr0ckin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may have eaten about 10 chocolate chip peanut butter cookies and downed a root beer today, even though I am supposed to have given up sugar during the week.

And I'm part of the cold room heavy covers crowd. I used to have nightmares about falling and sleeping with heavy covers was the only thing that made them stop.
 
I'm a huge Netflix binger. I literally can't watch one or two episodes, I sometimes even watch an entire season at a time.

Before I go to bed, I still check under my bed every night. You never know when there will be a monster under there! :mask:

Sometimes, I daydream about being a Pokemon Master. I could totally see myself doing that instead of a vet 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a huge Netflix binger. I literally can't watch one or two episodes, I sometimes even watch an entire season at a time.

Before I go to bed, I still check under my bed every night. You never know when there will be a monster under there! :mask:

Sometimes, I daydream about being a Pokemon Master. I could totally see myself doing that instead of a vet 😛
I think we'd get along really well :laugh:.
 
I'm a huge Netflix binger. I literally can't watch one or two episodes, I sometimes even watch an entire season at a time.

Before I go to bed, I still check under my bed every night. You never know when there will be a monster under there! :mask:

Sometimes, I daydream about being a Pokemon Master. I could totally see myself doing that instead of a vet 😛

I love Pokemon. If I ever have children, I'm going to be that mom that buys them Pokemon games for Christmas or something... and then end up playing them myself.
 
I'm not scared of the dark or things under the bed, at least not at home. Now I've. Jinxed myself and the boogie man will get me, but yanno.

54826152.jpg
 
I *super* obsess over my fandoms... to the point of permanent body art and spending money on things I must have to further my nerd collections.
Nerd shirts are by far the best and I think I'm going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe for clinics...
 
Voluntarily watched a TV program tonight for the first time since freshman year, and I'm now graduated from undergrad.
I also have an obsession with everything to do with repro physio. In animals and in humans. I think I intimidate my bf with how much I know about how his stuff works on a cellular level.
 
Eh, you get used to it with the ocean breeze 😎

Sweating in the jungle on the mainland was worse

Yeah, if you're anywhere near the water, you're good...especially if you go in the summer when it's their winter. Just prepare for clouds and mist. We were staying a good 15 minute walk from the coast in Puerto Ayora and it was stuffy and not much of a breeze. Had a fan on high and I was still dying. The ice cold shower (we didn't have hot water) helped, but I could only stand it for like 30 seconds. It was always a bit chilly if you were walking around at night though. Ugh. And now I want one of the awesome $7 two plate fish dinners from one of the kioscos.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also enjoy Pokemon games. I haven't been on my 3ds in a while now since I discovered Steam and Humble Bundle.

I like looking up books/movies/videogames I've recently finished on TV Tropes.

I've been playing Magic: The Gathering since the Time Spiral block in 2007. Right now, I'm in a playgroup that meets regularly on Saturday afternoons. Currently, I'm saving to attend/compete in two nearby Grand Prix events this year.
 
I almost never finish rpgs. Currently sitting on a 40h playthrough of Dragon Quest 8 and I can't bring myself to beat the game 😳
 
I quit FB a few months ago and it's wonderful. However, I just found out that my vet school class has made a FB group and I'm thisclose to rejoining so I can be in on the club. Otherwise I feel like I'll be behind on all the camaraderie and inside jokes when class starts this fall 🙁

Glad to see another SDNer with no FB. Me and my boyfriend have never had a FB and I have no intention of getting one (though, like you I will probably make one to be part of the class FB group). The feeling of people I went to school with etc. creeping on my life just feels like an invasion of privacy (though as a second confession I am guilty of the occasional creep session, hypocritical, I know).
 
Confession: I really enjoy anesthesia (the theoretical, not the actual practice of it. Haha)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like it. Never thought it was a bacterial infection, just figured since I kept breaking the scab eating or yawning, it was taking a while to heal.
Yeah, I would have never thought it was an infection, either. My boyfriend took a look at it and told me what it was. The name makes it sound menacing. He told me to take a B complex vitamin, but it didn't really help. Neosporin took care of it after a few days, though.

I guess I have a confession. I put Neosporin on everything.
 
Yeah, I would have never thought it was an infection, either. My boyfriend took a look at it and told me what it was. The name makes it sound menacing. He told me to take a B complex vitamin, but it didn't really help. Neosporin took care of it after a few days, though.
Several weeks ago, we took our 13-month-old son to the doctor because of this, and he prescribed a vitamin cocktail to treat it. It's done absolutely nothing except make the poor baby scream every time we pick up a syringe. A few days ago my wife started putting some neosporin over the redness, and the results were nearly instantaneous.
 
Looks like it. Never thought it was a bacterial infection, just figured since I kept breaking the scab eating or yawning, it was taking a while to heal.

I used to get that all the time (like annually) and continuously throughout the winter. I found that the medicated Blistex or Caramex chapsticks helped the bets for me. Not sure, but I just felt them to be the most soothing. I always assumed it was from sleeping with a fan on high in the winter and because I drool in my sleep (allergies so I'm an open mouth breather at night). I haven't had it in years, so I have no idea what changed.
 
Confession:
There are very few things that gross me out and make me sick. IRONICALLY, the smell of lavender and parmasean cheese make me sick.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. I read the 7th Harry Potter from midnight to 6 am the night it came out, and finished the next night from 11 pm-5 am. Then I threw a (minor) tantrum because it was over.
2. My MCV is 17 fL less than the lower limit of normal.
3. I cried harder during Doomsday (Doctor Who) than The Body (Buffy- though it was a close second).
4. Speaking of smells, my absolute favorites are beeswax candles, fresh laundry, and homemade soaps.
 
Last edited:
you have a son?
And you're taking him to Philly? jk. well. sort of.

I hope he isn't an Eagles fan.
I have a 17yo son, and yes he's a die hard Eagles fan and plays football. We only live 45min outside of the city, so I'm going to commute 1st year so he can finish his senior year at his current school, then he will be off to college too. Which is weird, but it works out well. He's actually considering applying to Drexel. I told him we could be college roommates. He didn't think that was funny.