Today's fun in Urgent Care....oh, it was great.
I learned that it's perfectly fine to start screaming that the little girl who needed stitches for the laceration on her forehead was seen before you. Even though you were at Urgent Care because "well, I think I might have a cold, I've been sniffling all day."
That was certainly fun to watch. This jerk didn't appreciate it when I told him, "This child has a HEAD. INJURY. We're all waiting, she's been triaged first. You really need to get a grip."
The nurse who took my vitals and set me up in an exam room told me, in that *God, I really hate my job right now* voice, "The doctor SHOULD be with you soon, but I can't promise anything." She was stunned when I shrugged and told her, "Hey, I can wait. An ear infection can get bumped down on the triage list, I saw that poor little girl who came in crying. I can wait, I've got a book." She said, "I wish everyone was as patient as you!"
And for the record? Not just an ear infection. BOTH ears are infected, not just the right ear. I'm not digging on this at all. But, I'm still on this side of the grass, and I didn't have to have stitches in my forehead. And when I left? The jerk who was yelling about the poor little girl who needed stitches was STILL waiting in the waiting room. Guess he didn't learn that if you're not exactly up there on the triage list, AND, if you piss off the people who do triage, you're gonna be waiting a loooooong time.