Again, anecdote. The stat that gets said up front is that "7% of people that get this drug will have bleeding into their brain, and most of those people will die". As a neurologist said to a patient, "What that means is that, if I gave this drug every day for 2 weeks, statistically, one person would die from it".
When I was attending on a Sunday afternoon in South Carolina, a mountain man came in complaining of severe pain in his back, and in his left leg, superior and anterior. This was about 1:20pm Right in front of me, I watched his 3-lead EKG infarct - right in front of me. It was remarkable, in that, in 30 seconds, his ST segment rose like a wave on the beach. This was about 1:40pm.
I called the acute MI team at the main hospital. I told the cardiologist that he infarcted right in front of me, but he had only been there about 20 minutes, and I had a strong suspicion that he also had an AAA. Guy was flown out (was a lovely day - possibly the best utilization I'd seen for the helicopter in 10 years), and directly to the cath lab. They went in through the R groin. They revascularized him. They also shot the aorta, and saw a big, leaking AAA. He went from the cath lab to the OR, where vascular repaired his aorta with a Dacron graft. Then he arrested and died.
That was around 5pm. On autopsy, they found another aneurysm in the Right CFA - just distal to the puncture for the cath. Recall he had pain in the Left leg, and that one was intact. Fortunately, cards didn't put a hole in that one in the leg.