Thinking about DOs.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you know that the word Sith was never used in the original 3 movies?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you know that the word Sith was never used in the original 3 movies?

Star-wars-meme-grumpy-cat-meme-lol-lulz-geek-darth-vadar-vader_thumb.jpg

36656712.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
In seriousness,

I've always wanted to read the extended Star Wars universe books---but I have no idea where to start---any help?

I know Han Solos son becomes a Sith I believe--I'd love to read up on that?

In seriousness,

I've always wanted to read the extended Star Wars universe books---but I have no idea where to start---any help?

I know Han Solos son becomes a Sith I believe--I'd love to read up on that?

y-u-no-serious.jpg

Eh, the prequels, save for the 3rd one, were so boring. I recently watched the entire saga and actually fell asleep during attack of the clones lol.

The prequels just lost something special that the original had.

best star wars movie would have to be number 4. Love old Ben Kenobi

Eh, the prequels, save for the 3rd one, were so boring. I recently watched the entire saga and actually fell asleep during attack of the clones lol.

The prequels just lost something special that the original had.

best star wars movie would have to be number 4. Love old Ben Kenobi

Who doesn't really :naughty:

My vote for best movie goes to Empire tho. Followed by New Hope, then Return of the Jedi (last two are almost too close to call)

Can we just make it an obi wan force push? Obi wan is so mean

Who doesn't really :naughty:

My vote for best movie goes to Empire tho. Followed by New Hope, then Return of the Jedi (last two are almost too close to call)

Why does everyone like empire so much? I mean its great, its original trilogy, but it is always hailed as the best one.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does everyone like empire so much? I mean its great, its original trilogy, but it is always hailed as the best one.

Um epic plot twist....ends with the Bad guys winning (han frozen in carbonite, Luke loses hand etc)...introduces some awesome characters/planets/artillery from the Star Wars world for the first time (Yoda, Lando, Boba Fett, Hoth, Dagoba, Bespin aka cloud city, At-At, snow speeders, tauntauns list goes on and on). Epic lines besides the plot twist (Princess L: I love you Han: I know; Yoda: Always with you it cannot be done. Do or do not there is no try etc)

Come on bro, do you even watch?

That is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen... and I've seen a LOT of autopsies. Is anyone else weirded out by the lack of a thumb?

I missed this.

Anyhow, the Pre-Allotrollus Rex is not only creepy looking due to its lack of thumbs; if you notice it has no eyes--so it can't see facts; it has no ears--so it can't listen to reason and logic...it is obviously the preferred pet of many SDNers as it usually runs amuck across the keyboard of its owner while they lurk the pre-medical forums. :scared:

I missed this.

Anyhow, the Pre-Allotrollus Rex is not only creepy looking due to its lack of thumbs; if you notice it has no eyes--so it can't see facts; it has no ears--so it can't listen to reason and logic...it is obviously the preferred pet of many SDNers as it usually runs amuck across the keyboard of its owner while they lurk the pre-medical forums. :scared:

:laugh:...:smuggrin:

Strong cat/star wars thread people. Good work

I missed this.

:laugh::laugh::thumbup:
But seriously. It is extremely creepy. :scared:

Even better than the premed gunner from twitter than ended up joining SDN after someone on here stalked him and got all of his private info (somehow)? Now that was an interesting thread.

Wait, how the **** did i miss THAT?!

Even better than the premed gunner from twitter than ended up joining SDN after someone on here stalked him and got all of his private info (somehow)? Now that was an interesting thread.

That was a fantastic thread.

Best ever on pre-osteo is DO vs. Janitor. That thread should be saved in the Library of Congress for future posterity.
For the uninitiated: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=565169

Premed prodigy? :D That was a total ninja-net stalk. Best thread yet.

^^Not sure if Dr Meows will appreciate you posting pictures of her and her living situation.

That was a fantastic thread.

Best ever on pre-osteo is DO vs. Janitor. That thread should be saved in the Library of Congress for future posterity.
For the uninitiated: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=565169

Fantastic read! Thank you! :thumbup:

^^Not sure if Dr Meows will appreciate you posting pictures of her and her living situation.

HAHAHA! :laugh: That is not an accurate representation. DrMeows is not old and wouldn't have a dog! Why have a dog when DrMeows can have an extra cat?! :D

How did I miss a thread that involved a cat conversation?!

Thank you for not calling me old :D (at least not as old as Mr Kenobi anyways ;) ) and you are correct sir - except I may have two or three cats instead of a dog :)

Didier Drogba to win another CL with gala this year

Meows, As you can imagine there have been many actions figure produced in my image...I had no idea you were also part of this elite group.

crazy-cat-lady-action-figure.jpg

Last edited:
I have been looking into DOs and what they do. So far I am liking what I read about DOs and I am interested in becoming a DO. My questions are:

1. Why do people on here look down on DOs so much?
2. Do DOs have the same and equal opportunities as MDs to get into any specialty in the medical field?
3. Are there any disadvantages in becoming a DO?

Thanks!

P.S. I really want to be a pediatrician.

The answers to your questions are actually quite simple:

1. Because SDN is the online version of MENSA. Duh.
2. Yes they do, especially if you're interested in practicing in rural areas. And by rural, I mean in barns. I plan on trying to match into one of the most competitive OB osteopathic residencies in the country at Southeastern Barn University Hospital (SBUH). I hope during my rotations there as a 3rd year I'll be able to assist in calf births...same thing as humans (we ain't nothin' but mammals).
3. No, unless you still have all your teeth. The type of patients who prefer DOs really only identify with those physicians who have at least 2 gaps. I recommend doing a rotation in the stable; the odds of losing some teeth in there are increased exponentially. If you wanna make $$$, you'll make the sacrifice.

The main reason I went DO is because (1) I couldn't get into an MD school because my MCAT score was deemed too "savant-like" (I scored a 46T: don't ask what I did for the bonus point... I still have nightmares about it); and (2) I couldn't get into Janitor School because my JCAT was too low. I wish you all the best in your arduous journey to discover the disadvantages in becoming a DO! Lord knows there are no threads about it on SDN... it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Speaking of haystacks, I think I left my biochem book in one...

2. Yes they do, especially if you're interested in practicing in rural areas. And by rural, I mean in barns. I plan on trying to match into one of the most competitive OB osteopathic residencies in the country at Southeastern Barn University Hospital (SBUH). I hope during my rotations there as a 3rd year I'll be able to assist in calf births...same thing as humans (we ain't nothin' but mammals).
3. No, unless you still have all your teeth. The type of patients who prefer DOs really only identify with those physicians who have at least 2 gaps. I recommend doing a rotation in the stable; the odds of losing some teeth in there are increased exponentially. If you wanna make $$$, you'll make the sacrifice.

The main reason I went DO is because (1) I couldn't get into an MD school because my MCAT score was deemed too "savant-like" (I scored a 46T: don't ask what I did for the bonus point... I still have nightmares about it); and (2) I couldn't get into Janitor School because my JCAT was too low. I wish you all the best in your arduous journey to discover the disadvantages in becoming a DO! Lord knows there are no threads about it on SDN... it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Speaking of haystacks, I think I left my biochem book in one...

Woah, woah, woah, there's no room in here for serious replies that address OP's questions. Besides, everyone knows that savants score 50Z on the MCAT, and kill the JCAT.

Woah, woah, woah, there's no room in here for serious replies that address OP's questions. Besides, everyone knows that savants score 50Z on the MCAT, and kill the JCAT.

I bet Matt Damon killed the JCAT.

tumblr_mblqlb2ps11qjaqfc.jpg

So glad you referenced the JCAT. :laugh:

i still say that waitlist kitteh is the most epic thread of all time
followed by poop hotdog OBVI

I saw this and thought of you DrMeows ;)
tumblr_mge61fR2JO1qbej9go1_400.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1364501181.984995.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1364501181.984995.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 39
Ignorance explains a lot.

1. Why do people on here look down on DOs so much?

DOs tend to be under-represented in the most lucrative specialites, ie, Derm, plastics, opthalmology, but some of it is self-selective; most DO schools stress primary care, and my students are drawn to that. There some residency directors that will not accept COMLEX as a liscencing exam, but most of my students take USMLE anyway.

2. Do DOs have the same and equal opportunities as MDs to get into any specialty in the medical field?

A DO colleague says yes, "because everytime to you go to the bank, you have to explain what DO means". In reality, no.

3. Are there any disadvantages in becoming a DO?

P.S. I really want to be a pediatrician.[/QUOTE]