Thinking of epidemiology as a career but have a few questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nyghost

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First of all don’t mind my writing I’m doing this on my cell phone.

Now I been thinking about study epidemiology for quite some time, I research the field for the better part four months but now I come to a point where I can’t find the information I’m looking for. As of now I am interested in doing field work as an epidemiologist, so what I’m asking for is would a MPH/MS be enough so I would be able to get into field work or is that a PHD thing? If not then what would I be doing with an MPH? I ask because working in a lab/office all day everyday is just not my thing. I’m not saying I don’t want a PHD but I would like to take some time off after my Masters to work a little. Also some other questions, how is the job market for epidemiologists, I read that its fairly easy to land employment. And how is the job market in New York City especially, I would think its pretty good because of the large population and the amount of foreign visitors that come to city everyday but I could be wrong and the market is pathetic lol.
Thanx for any and all help that you all give me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: