Third year sucks.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"That's another reason we should never have gotten rid of the [attendings]-only water fountains. I'll set up a garden hose for the [residents] and that should be good enough. The [medical students] can put a sponge on the carpet and wring it out into a cup to drink the soaked-up runoff from the hose. It seems only fair to let them do that. I don't want them to get dehydrated."

--Anonymous

Third year sucks. Complaining about third year sucks. And complaining about the people complaining about third year sucks even more.

Members don't see this ad.

I hear you...I worked my ass off and then I come to find that this b#$@& of a resident went and wrote an eval behind my back. She def had some type female complex and gave me a false eval writeup. She wrote that my attendance was poor and I repeatedly showed late for rounds....in which the truth was My wifes grandmother got diagnosed with cancer so I "rescheduled, not skipped" one call, and I was there before any resident 95% of the time. I later found out that another female in my class was talking crap about me and this resident was taking that as fact. So here I am with an amazing eval file and this one b.s. eval that makes me look like a complete ass of a student. Its amazing, I worked my butt off on that rotation and even the attendings were giving me increased responsiblitites. So this SUCKS.

Sorry to hear about that, but I'm not sure that 1 residents evaluation will ruin your grade. Attending evaluations usually matter a lot more, and you said that the attendings would give u more responsibility so that's good. If you still feel strongly about it then you should be able to go to your course director and complain about what happened.
-Hopeful

Pompacil said:
Seriously. Now that I'm halfway done (Family, OB, Surgery) I finally have time to look back on the past 5 months and come to full realization how much they sucked (except family...but little chance I'll pick that as my career.)

So, basically, my grade on each rotation is purely subjective? That it has less to do with how much I actually know than it does how much I pretend to like that particulart field? SWEET!

And I can work my ass off for 13 hours, sacrafice all my free time, and guarantee myself a mediocre shelf score, and earn myself an "S" for my trouble? AMAZING!

And when I go into the hospital, the time I spent actually LEARNING is greatly overshadowed by the time served as some douchebag mid level's bandage jockey? AWESOME!

And then there's my fellow students, especially certain fourth years who feel its their duty to scrub in on all the cases, give you assignments, and ask you pimp questions in front of the attending. Seriously, I get to make these future residents look good by making myself a total ass. What an honor!

Seriously? F#%% medical school. I should have been an accountant.

I feel your pain. Believe me, I really do.