This F%$*ing SUCKS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dpark74

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hate Mondays!!!!! I took a half day on friday and apparently that's when UIC sent an email saying that they've thoroughly reviewed my application and have not made a final decision! So when I come into work today...that's what I see in my mailbox. UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:mad:

Gosh, If I can't get in there, then I can't get in anywhere since it's my state school and they accept 90% residents and I interviewed very early. WTF!

THIS BUH-LOWS!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know what you are trying to say at all. maybe you need to improve your writing.

what do you mean by "I took a half day on friday?"

and what does that have anything to with "apparently.....?"

What did you see in your mailbox on Monday?

Originally posted by youngjock
I don't know what you are trying to say at all. maybe you need to improve your writing.

Confusing?!!!:confused: Yo...it's not me that needs help with writing, but you with comprehension...DUMB ASS! Oh BTW I bet you don't work full time, otherwise you'd know what 'taking a half day' is all about!

Hey, aren't you the troll that always talks about communism?! Don't have a sour attitude just because you're a dumb ass troll.

LATE you ig'nant A-hole. (I meant to spell it that way bung hole)

Members don't see this ad :)
he is saying he left work early on Friday and couldn't check his email where he receives responses from med school till this morning. when he opened his mailbox with expectation this morning, he got an email from his safe school saying that had decided not to accept him yet. not a great way to start a monday.

dpark, mind you this was the same kid who accused the SDN moderators of communism :laugh:

*the troll police is on yellow alert*

Originally posted by dpark74
Confusing?!!!:confused: Yo...it's not me that needs help with writing, but you with comprehension...DUMB ASS! Oh BTW I bet you don't work full time, otherwise you'd know what 'taking a half day' is all about!

Hey, aren't you the troll that always talks about communism?! Don't have a sour attitude just because you're a dumb ass troll.

LATE you ig'nant A-hole. (I meant to spell it that way bung hole)

Hmmmm. . . I wonder why he didn't get in post interview.

:confused: How did you not understand that?

Anyway, dpark, don't loose hope yet! The email says they haven't made a final decision - one way or the other. Which means since you haven't been rejected, you still can be accepted! :) I think alot of other people received this same email, so I think you still have a really good chance of getting in! (Hey, at least you've already interviewed there :( )

Don't give up - hang in there! :)

Originally posted by Woots32
:confused: How did you not understand that?

Anyway, dpark, don't loose hope yet! The email says they haven't made a final decision - one way or the other. Which means since you haven't been rejected, you still can be accepted! :) I think alot of other people received this same email, so I think you still have a really good chance of getting in! (Hey, at least you've already interviewed there :( )

Don't give up - hang in there! :)

Hey...Thanks Woots for the encouragement!:) I kinda needed that. I guess now I am going to just return to normalcy since I have no idea when they may get back to me about a 'final decision.'

I see, if that is the way how you write your personal statement, I am not surprised why your safe school doesn't want to interview you.

It should be " I took a half day OFF on friday."

And it is not making sense to put and after "aprrently...?"

is that how you talk in your hood? hahaha.

how are you going to deal with patients later on if you ever become a doctor? Are you going to call them aholes like yourself if you ever get sued?

dpark- no worries man!

did you screw up on your interview at all? did you say something you wish you could regret? this is what i've heard about uic interviews...

they aren't there to get you in, just a screen to make sure you aren't 'psycho'. My friend is a fourth year there and she's done interviews before and she said as long as they don't check any of the 'extreme negative right side' values for the interview you should be ok...

remember also , even if you were to be on the waitlist... it moves soooooo much. They have 4 quartiles on the waitlist, and traditionally the first 2 quartiles or half of the waitlist get in.
remember their selection factors are only a 'b average' and 'an mcat over the national mean' and if you interviewed early and they're on rolling admissions, you should be fine!

I see, if that is the way how you write your personal statement, I am not surprised why your safe school don't want to interview you.

It should be " I took a half day OFF on friday."

what the f*ck are you talking about? we always say "i'm taking a half day". its a shame dpark didn't get into his "safe school", but there's no need to rile him about grammar here, troll. :laugh:

dpark-- i'm in the same situation with ecu. i called on friday and was informed that my application had been reviewed but no decision was made and it will be reviewed again at an unspecified date. it's so frustrating b/c i really want to go to ecu. hang in there! it's only october and we haven't been rejected yet!! there's still hope. :D :D

Originally posted by Sweet Tea
i called on friday

ahh, sweet tea, i had a feeling you'd cave in. patience isn't one of your strong suits :D :laugh:

soon enough, doll, it will be over

Members don't see this ad :)
hey man I sent you a PM. Again don't worry, and I agree with everything lavidee said.

Hey youngjockitch,

not only are you troll but you're not even a funny one. You are a disgrace to your kind. :laugh:

I thought the interview went well. There were no situations that presented a 'psycho' image of myself.

Thanks for your optimism!

Originally posted by laviddee
dpark- no worries man!

did you screw up on your interview at all? did you say something you wish you could regret? this is what i've heard about uic interviews...

they aren't there to get you in, just a screen to make sure you aren't 'psycho'. My friend is a fourth year there and she's done interviews before and she said as long as they don't check any of the 'extreme negative right side' values for the interview you should be ok...

remember also , even if you were to be on the waitlist... it moves soooooo much. They have 4 quartiles on the waitlist, and traditionally the first 2 quartiles or half of the waitlist get in.
remember their selection factors are only a 'b average' and 'an mcat over the national mean' and if you interviewed early and they're on rolling admissions, you should be fine!

I see, if that is the way how you write your personal statement, I am not surprised why your safe school don't want to interview you.
maybe you should check your reading comprehensions skills before you flame someone. he mentions he did already interview.

kiddos, "your & you are" and "its & it is" are different. They sound the same, but that doesn't mean that they are interusable.

I am not inside your brain, if you don't type the way it should be typed, I can't understand. No need to call me names.

You failed to say that you can't check your emails during the weekend. Do you expect everyone to speculate?

They sound the same, but that doesn't mean that they are interusable.

Since when is "interusable" a word?

People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

You failed to say that you can't check your emails during the weekend. Do you expect everyone to speculate?

I think it was pretty easy to infer...you know, being able to read between the lines is a very helpful skill both in medicine and life.

dpark, hang in there, it's still just October...I'm sure you'll have some great news to share with us before you know it! Good luck! :)

kiddos, "your & you are" and "it's & it is" are different. They sound the same, but that doesn't mean that they are interusable.

I am not inside your brain, if you don't type the way it should be typed, I can't understand. No need to call me names.

It's (It is) pointless to argue with an ignoramous! You have (you've) proven that you don't know much about grammar or comprehension and YET YOU DECIDE TO BELIEVE YOU ARE AN EXPERT!

BTW your first sentence about it's and it is...proves my point. (You mean it's and its...you GRAMMAR GOD!)

kiddos, "your & you are" and "it's & it is" are different. They sound the same, but that doesn't mean that they are interusable.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

actually it's and "it is" ARE the same. "its" is the possesive pronoun, "it's" is a contraction of either "it is" or "it has"

FYI ('your' and 'you are,' and 'it's' and 'it is' do not sound the same.) What language do you speak? I speak English.

hey u guys, please dont flame me but i honestly did not understand what dpark74 wrote initially :( (yes i know...., but its monday!) until someone further explained but i am not a troll and i can prove it!:)
sorry about ur situation dpark, i hope u get some good news soon!

Keep faith bro, keep faith.

In the end things always turn out OKAY....yep

:clap: :clap:

This whole grammar police thing is so funny!:laugh:

My understanding is that you're and it's are the contractions for you are and it is, respectively.

And to dpark: UIC will come to its senses.
Hang in there.

Dude, I would not be so worried just yet because UIC accepts such a large class every year. UIC also has a lot of spots that open up later in the application cycle because they might prefer going to another school they may have gotten into.

From USNEWS, UIC interviews 649 people from in state, accepting 422, with 262 enrolling from in state. That means that for in state applicants there who get interviewed, about 65% are offered a spot at UIC, with 160 withdrawing their acceptances. So you have a great shot in my opinion, based on these numbers.

oh, you realized that you have the psycho side of you, and we have all seen that side in this short thread.

Those interviewers have seen enough already.

I thought the interview went well. There were no situations that presented a 'psycho' image of myself.

Thanks for your optimism!

oh, you realized that you have the psycho side of you, and we have all seen that side in this short thread.

Whatever! Troll, at least I've had an interview at an allopathic school.

About the interviewers...they're not trolls, so there was no opportunity for me to show any psychotic tendencies.:p

My suggestion: go and read Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham so that you can familiarize yourself with the English language.

Whatever! Troll, at least I've had an interview at an allopathic school.

About the interviewers...they're not trolls, so there was no opportunity for me to show any psychotic tendencies.:p

My suggestion: go and read Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham so that you can familiarize yourself with the English language.

along with other great SDN conspiracies (delayofgame and wallstreet being the same poster, the legendary homes versus loukary war) i'm postulating youngjock, teinI and II, and monster2 are sharing an apartment somwhere :)

Originally posted by DW
dpark, mind you this was the same kid who accused the SDN moderators of communism :laugh:

*the troll police is on yellow alert*

Wait...is this the toolbelt (i.e. more than a tool ;)) who thought that SDN moderators were communist b/c they moved his post? That might have been the dumbest argument about why someone is a communist that I have seen. :)

It's like the Jordache vs. Lardache case...

I say we give trolls "yellow cards" and "red cards" like this other forum does...

Yellow Card Example

I hope the link works if you aren't a member. But ya...these trolls should get some sort of scarlet letter under their info and have it stay there for some set amount of time everytime they post.

And yes...I wish I had a 350z.

Ok, granted I'm still relatively new to SDN, but... Who the f*ck is this guy?!?

Answer - The anal-retentive, pessimistic, mean-spirited TROLL who gives premeds everywhere a bad name. I bet his c*ckring doesn't even match his hunter-green suit... :rolleyes:

(please refer to thread on using $ymbols ;) )

I think you are still in good condition man, don't give in till you see that fat admissions officer singing...lol. But what was your profile?? I'm sure you were at least up to par with their standards, right??? If so, please post then you can compare to others in similar situations.

I bet his c*ckring doesn't even match his hunter-green suit... :rolleyes:
woots, I think you've hit the jackpot on solving this mystery. :D

Originally posted by UCLAMAN
And yes...I wish I had a 350z.

Me too. They rock. I liked the old Zs too though. Didn't they have 4-wheel steering available in the early 90s?

Originally posted by Random Access
Me too. They rock. I liked the old Zs too though. Didn't they have 4-wheel steering available in the early 90s?

It's highly unlikely, but if any broke-a$$ premed out there is looking, or know someone who is looking for a "vintage" car, my dad is trying to sell his '78 Datsun 280z. Gold metallic w/ black leather interior, still in pretty good condition...

Now that the car ad is done, can we go back to troll-bashing? :laugh:

Are you related to that park dude? do you live the same hood?

You do not need to use sex, perverted language to insult someone.

i am a better class. too bad for you.

Ok, granted I'm still relatively new to SDN, but... Who the f*ck is this guy?!?

Answer - The anal-retentive, pessimistic, mean-spirited TROLL who gives premeds everywhere a bad name. I bet his c*ckring doesn't even match his hunter-green suit... :rolleyes:

(please refer to thread on using $ymbols ;) )

Didn't they have 4-wheel steering available in the early 90s?

ya...the previous gen Z had 4 wheel steering and production started back in '89. Z's are tight!!!

...oh ya...back to troll bashing...

no takers on the "yellow card"/"red card" stuff? or some variation of it?

well...either way...youngjock is an idiot....i'm sure he will bash this post and say something about how i'm not starting my sentences with capital letters or something.

Are you related to that park dude? do you live the same hood?

You do not need to use sex, perverted language to insult someone.

i am a better class. too bad for you.

Wow... my first SND flame! I'm kinda flattered! :laugh:

And no, dpark and I are not in the same "hood". I don't even think Urbana, IL has all that many hoods to speak of... :p I was just trying to provide some reassurance to a felow SDNer who got some crappy news this morning, who most definately did NOT need a troll to be harping on his grammar to feel superior. :rolleyes:

As for the "perverted language", go check out the AA thread. A troll like you could have a field day! :laugh:

Back to troll bashing!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess youngjock must be an SOB (still on the boat) because he obviously has no idea about anything, especially grammar and political systems such as communism. (search earlier threads)

Excellent usage of symbols in this thread! I mean, you really changed the meaning of the words in my eyes (dripping sarcasm).

Originally posted by tryingagain
Excellent usage of symbols in this thread! I mean, you really changed the meaning of the words in my eyes (dripping sarcasm).

Thank you!:rolleyes: (Do you realize how ******ed you sound?) Come on...who cares if I used different symbols to represent hidden letters? Oh wait, you're right...I guess I did not conform to your standards of symbol usage...*****! (you and youngprick would be a match made in heaven)

you sound like me last year, and well, look how i turned out. :)

take it easy...

I hate Mondays!!!!! I took a half day on friday and apparently that's when UIC sent an email saying that they've thoroughly reviewed my application and have not made a final decision! So when I come into work today...that's what I see in my mailbox. UGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!:mad:

Gosh, If I can't get in there, then I can't get in anywhere since it's my state school and they accept 90% residents and I interviewed very early. WTF!

THIS BUH-LOWS!

Come on guys, calm down and don't bash each other or I might have to pull out my whip....and I DO NOT look pretty in a leather suit. :p :laugh: :p

To the OP: sorry about your problem dude. The only thing I can say to make you feel better is that I don't even have an interview yet. And my files have been complete for a few weeks now. :(

Originally posted by DW
I didn't know sex was an adjective, shakespeare :laugh:

for your info, that pervert used the word cockring in his message, that is something that you use during sex, but not during discussion about medical school.

it could be "use sex (omited and) perverted language."

and i wasn't really talk about that guy's grammar problem, his post is illogical.

ok guys,
this is strike two. I want to keep the initial spirit of this thread alive so I don't want to close this thread. Remember, third strike and you're out. So either,

1. Get to the original point of discussion, or....
2. Flame some more.

Needless to say, the second choice will guarantee that I will take some serious action. So please don't push it and NO MORE FLAMING!!!

With much love,
Tweetie

Originally posted by Tweetie_bird
ok guys,
this is strike two. I want to keep the initial spirit of this thread alive so I don't want to close this thread. Remember, third strike and you're out. So either,

1. Get to the original point of discussion, or....
2. Flame some more.

Needless to say, the second choice will guarantee that I will take some serious action. So please don't push it and NO MORE FLAMING!!!

With much love,
Tweetie

Dudes! Chill! Tweetie is laying down the law! Don't obey, and you get the smackdown from her, me, and many others.

*You have been warned*