• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Anyone kind of dreading tomorrow 12 PM?

I'm gonna be getting a preliminary read on where I matched depending on if I matched a prelim. med program or not, since choice #3 is my only PGY1 PM&R program....

:confused:

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
The bast*rds!

They only told me that I matched, not whether or not I matched a prelim & a PMR or PMR only.

+pissed+

About the Ads

qdog

15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Status
Finally M3, I feel the same way as you. I matched, but no indication of whether its a 4 yr program or a prelim and 3 yr program... I guess the agony continues until Thurs at 1 pm...

Good luck either way.

drvlad2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2001
New York
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
NRMP says that I matched into an advanced position but not a first year program. I did not apply to any allopathic prelim or transitional year. I planned on doing an osteopathic internship anyway. I am so relieved that I matched. However, I will know which programs did not fill even though I am not scrambling. The question is WHERE?

qdog

15+ Year Member
Jul 29, 2003
San Francisco, CA
Visit site
Status
Hey drvlad2004, do you think you can post a link to the pdf file of unfilled programs you will recieve via email? I would just like to see what residency programs went unfilled this year before the new "dynamic" unfilled list changes by Thurs...

drvlad2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2001
New York
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by qdog
Hey drvlad2004, do you think you can post a link to the pdf file of unfilled programs you will recieve via email? I would just like to see what residency programs went unfilled this year before the new "dynamic" unfilled list changes by Thurs...
No problem, I'll definitely do that tomorrow by 1pm. 95% of all PM&R programs (PGY 1 & 2) filled thorugh the match. That is quite impressive. I wish the best of luck to those who are scrambling tomorrow.

axm397

SDN Moderator
15+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2003
texas
Status
Attending Physician
If I read correctly, there seems to have been 30 unfilled spots in PM&R last year. This year, there are 17 (on Monday) - probably less on Thursday.

Anyone make better sense of the numbers??

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
2003; 30 unmatched of 353 total, 91.5% fill rate
2002; 34 unmatched of 323 total, 89.5% fill rate
2001; 70 unmatched of 322 total, 78.3% fill rate

I think 95% is just following an upward trend. It will also be interesting to see the % of US grads who filled. I think last year it was around 57%. That may be a better indication if PM&R is getting more competitive....certainly by fill rate alone, it is.

+pissed+ Three more days.

Loves_Chai

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
M3,

you mentioned that as a measure of PMR competitiveness you look at the US Grad fill rate. Last year was 57%. Are you saying US allopathic graduates AND US osteopathic graduates or just allopathic graduates?

I'm assuming you mean the latter, no?

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Yah Chai, I thought the 57% US senior rate was allos + osteos.

Actually, that 57% is just for the PGY2 positions, overall it was a 44%.

Loves_Chai

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2003
Visit site
Status
What about the US senior allopathic graduate rates? Are they pretty much assured to match? Do any fail to match?

Finally M3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
Dunno where you would be able to obtain those statistics. I'm just going from the released data tables on the NRMP website.

Oh btw, I can cross #5 and #6 off of my rank list...their categorical slots went unmatched.

drvlad2004

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2001
New York
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
57% of US allopathic students matched last year. The percentage does not include osteos, which could be another 30%. According to NRMP, DOs are considered independent applicants despite being educated in the US. We are probably considered independent b/c we can go through both osteo and allo match.

About the Ads