This Is The Week

Discussion in 'PM&R' started by jrmm, Mar 14, 2004.

1. jrmm

jrmm Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, This is the week that we are all waiting for....

GOOD LUCK 2 EVERYONE,

2. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Anyone kind of dreading tomorrow 12 PM?

I'm gonna be getting a preliminary read on where I matched depending on if I matched a prelim. med program or not, since choice #3 is my only PGY1 PM&R program....

:confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The bast*rds!

They only told me that I matched, not whether or not I matched a prelim & a PMR or PMR only.

+pissed+

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. qdog

qdog Member

Finally M3, I feel the same way as you. I matched, but no indication of whether its a 4 yr program or a prelim and 3 yr program... I guess the agony continues until Thurs at 1 pm...

Good luck either way.

5. drvlad2004

drvlad2004 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    NRMP says that I matched into an advanced position but not a first year program. I did not apply to any allopathic prelim or transitional year. I planned on doing an osteopathic internship anyway. I am so relieved that I matched. However, I will know which programs did not fill even though I am not scrambling. The question is WHERE?

6. qdog

qdog Member

Hey drvlad2004, do you think you can post a link to the pdf file of unfilled programs you will recieve via email? I would just like to see what residency programs went unfilled this year before the new "dynamic" unfilled list changes by Thurs...

7. drvlad2004

drvlad2004 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    No problem, I'll definitely do that tomorrow by 1pm. 95% of all PM&R programs (PGY 1 & 2) filled thorugh the match. That is quite impressive. I wish the best of luck to those who are scrambling tomorrow.

8. axm397

axm397 SDN Moderator
    Moderator Physician Verified Expert 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    If I read correctly, there seems to have been 30 unfilled spots in PM&R last year. This year, there are 17 (on Monday) - probably less on Thursday.

Anyone make better sense of the numbers??

9. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    2003; 30 unmatched of 353 total, 91.5% fill rate
    2002; 34 unmatched of 323 total, 89.5% fill rate
    2001; 70 unmatched of 322 total, 78.3% fill rate

I think 95% is just following an upward trend. It will also be interesting to see the % of US grads who filled. I think last year it was around 57%. That may be a better indication if PM&R is getting more competitive....certainly by fill rate alone, it is.

+pissed+ Three more days.

10. Loves_Chai

Loves_Chai Member
    7+ Year Member

M3,

you mentioned that as a measure of PMR competitiveness you look at the US Grad fill rate. Last year was 57%. Are you saying US allopathic graduates AND US osteopathic graduates or just allopathic graduates?

I'm assuming you mean the latter, no?

11. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Yah Chai, I thought the 57% US senior rate was allos + osteos.

Actually, that 57% is just for the PGY2 positions, overall it was a 44%.

12. Loves_Chai

Loves_Chai Member
    7+ Year Member

What about the US senior allopathic graduate rates? Are they pretty much assured to match? Do any fail to match?

13. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Dunno where you would be able to obtain those statistics. I'm just going from the released data tables on the NRMP website.

Oh btw, I can cross #5 and #6 off of my rank list...their categorical slots went unmatched.

14. drvlad2004

drvlad2004 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    57% of US allopathic students matched last year. The percentage does not include osteos, which could be another 30%. According to NRMP, DOs are considered independent applicants despite being educated in the US. We are probably considered independent b/c we can go through both osteo and allo match.