This is why you were rejected

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BenJammin

No Apologies
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently saw a post from a student who couldn't believe they were rejected after a great interview with a great resume. 91 PCAT, 3.6 GPA, and they "nailed the interview". I just want you guys to know that while things on paper may look perfect, one thing you say or one thing you put on your application could destroy all chances you have of getting accepted. I'll give you an example.

When I was a P4 I got to help out with an interview on campus for pharmacy school admissions. I'll never forget this girl...6 foot 2, fancy but professional dress, well kept (the point is that she didn't look like a slob, she looked like a future pharmacist). Her resume was unbelievable too. 95 PCAT score, a GPA above 3.8, years of experience working at a pharmacy, lots of volunteer work (she worked at a local children's hospital in the city cheering kids up...I mean how adorable is that?). She was absolutely nailing every single question we asked her. At one point, both the faculty member and I put our pens down with the knowledge that we were going to write "ADMIT" on her application. At the very end he asked her the question "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and she said "probably applying to med school or pursuing another degree". At that point we picked our pens up and wrote "DENY". She absolutely blew it.

Nothing wrong with pursuing degrees and expanding your knowledge base but this program is for people who want to be dedicated to pharmacy. Go ahead and pursue med school or another degree but don't take up one of our slots for a student who wants to be a successful pharmacist after they graduate from the program. Remember that you don't have to be completely honest in your interview. We're interviewing you to be a potential pharmacy student, not to be a spring board.

Members don't see this ad.

OMG , this is an example of when being overly confident hurts

Book smarts does not dictate street smarts. Or common sense for that matter.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Love this post! She definitely made the wrong choice in stating that she wanted to go to med school, should have just lied. I noticed you mention that during the interview, you and the faculty member will write "ADMIT" or "DENY" on the interview feedback sheet. Is that true? Just curious because I've been interviewing this cycle and just want to get an idea of what's happening on the other side haha :p

I recently saw a post from a student who couldn't believe they were rejected after a great interview with a great resume. 91 PCAT, 3.6 GPA, and they "nailed the interview". I just want you guys to know that while things on paper may look perfect, one thing you say or one thing you put on your application could destroy all chances you have of getting accepted. I'll give you an example.

When I was a P4 I got to help out with an interview on campus for pharmacy school admissions. I'll never forget this girl...6 foot 2, fancy but professional dress, well kept (the point is that she didn't look like a slob, she looked like a future pharmacist). Her resume was unbelievable too. 95 PCAT score, a GPA above 3.8, years of experience working at a pharmacy, lots of volunteer work (she worked at a local children's hospital in the city cheering kids up...I mean how adorable is that?). She was absolutely nailing every single question we asked her. At one point, both the faculty member and I put our pens down with the knowledge that we were going to write "ADMIT" on her application. At the very end he asked her the question "where do you see yourself in 5 years" and she said "probably applying to med school or pursuing another degree". At that point we picked our pens up and wrote "DENY". She absolutely blew it.

Nothing wrong with pursuing degrees and expanding your knowledge base but this program is for people who want to be dedicated to pharmacy. Go ahead and pursue med school or another degree but don't take up one of our slots for a student who wants to be a successful pharmacist after they graduate from the program. Remember that you don't have to be completely honest in your interview. We're interviewing you to be a potential pharmacy student, not to be a spring board.

Where is post? You give me the links and I have good haha laffs.