Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview milgaroo?

2/27

I called to ask. No letter yet. :)
I think the class slots were mostly full with the earlier interview candidates (maybe).
Expect a letter around Wednesday?

Members don't see this ad.

2/27

I think the class slots were mostly full with the earlier interview candidates (maybe).

Oh, thanks for letting me know. For some reason I thought they would e-mail you to notify that you were wait-listed rather than snail mail.

Oh, thanks for letting me know. For some reason I thought they would e-mail you to notify that you were wait-listed rather than snail mail.

no problem. That is what I gathered. I had a couple questions to ask Karen, but she sounded like she was swamped this morning.

Members don't see this ad :)
2/27

Hey Milgaroo, what time on 27th did you interview? I had my interview on 27th also at 8AM.
and I just called the addmissions office on any updates she said my application was still under review!!
Does it indirectly means that I was waitlisted or denied?

Hey Milgaroo, what time on 27th did you interview? I had my interview on 27th also at 8AM.
and I just called the addmissions office on any updates she said my application was still under review!!
Does it indirectly means that I was waitlisted or denied?

I have four minutes before work and I will just say, stay positive! I think I was 930 interview... But when I called today, Karen said that my waitlist "just came in" :)

One thing though, I do believe most of us will now be waitlisters with 75 students already having paid the deposit. I will secretly hope they will end up choosing other schools!?!

i received a dean's scholarship from jefferson...they said as long as i maintain a 3.0 each year i can renew it. the letter just said it was awarded based on their belief i would do well in pharmacy school...so probably based on undergrad grades/maybe pcat?

well...you need a 3.0 minimum to stay in the program anyway, so technically, as long as you're in the program, you'll maintain the scholarship.

Sortof like saying you get free air just for breathing, but you don't get anymore when you stop. haha...sorry to bust your bubble.

Anyone know how many students will be placed/are on the waitlist? :smuggrin:

Interviewed on Feb 13th, just received the waitlist letter. Sending out the form tomorrow to hop on the list. But yeah, anyone have any idea how quickly the list moves/how they determine order?

Interviewed on Feb 13th, just received the waitlist letter. Sending out the form tomorrow to hop on the list. But yeah, anyone have any idea how quickly the list moves/how they determine order?

So you got it via snail mail?

and how is that working out so far for you P2s?

i'm clearly still here, haha. the only academic DQ's we've had were course-specific back at the start of P-1 or P-1 year (to the best of my knowledge). So far, no one I know has been booted to tracking below 3.0 for (i think 3) consecutive semesters. Then again, we've only completed 3 semesters...so if anyone got kicked out, they would have had to track <3.0 from Fall/Spring P-1 and Fall P-2 (ie their entire rx school career).

So, in a nutshell...don't worry about it. I still find plenty of time to blow money at costco, travel, and loaf around the apartment doing nothing.

well...you need a 3.0 minimum to stay in the program anyway, so technically, as long as you're in the program, you'll maintain the scholarship.

Sortof like saying you get free air just for breathing, but you don't get anymore when you stop. haha...sorry to bust your bubble.

yeah i already knew that. i was just re-stating what the letter said.

Members don't see this ad :)
oh so for the record i make up everything i say using a crystal ball and a shrunken head from an obscure country in another continent.

keep that in mind when reading things i post...because clearly some of you aren't on the ball about phrases like "i think" and "in my opinion" or "unofficially this is what i've heard."

:luck:

and further i would like to state for the record that Philadelphia is no dirtier than any other major city (based q-tip swabs and petri dish growth of things on the side walk). The phrase "filthadelphia" actually comes from locals themselves, and is local for "welcome, friend."

and finally, i shall no longer be posting about JSP within the confines of SDN. you all are on your own, and i've instructed my peers to cease doing so (even positive/informational posts). Please direct yourselves to your respective class' FB group as there are upperclassmen on there that may assist you.

and finally, i shall no longer be posting about JSP within the confines of SDN. you all are on your own, and i've instructed my peers to cease doing so (even positive/informational posts). Please direct yourselves to your respective class' FB group as there are upperclassmen on there that may assist you.
:confused: Did I miss something (lol?)? That's sad... you were our JSP guru :cry:

:cry: oh noo..that's so sad! i'd been following JSP's thread for awhile before I actually started posting...and confetti's posts have been sooo helpful! :thumbup:

I haven't been on for a while, but this is a sad development :( . Don't leave us confettiflyer. You're advices and wealth of information were invaluable!

i was just looking over the checklist again, and i noticed they updated it since it wans't on my printed form.

http://jefferson.edu./jchp/jsp_checklist.cfm

under 5, right after orientation is this "welcome day"
this wasn't the reception that took about last month was it?

It shouldn't be. They never said the reception was mandatory. I hope this will be after orientation though - by then I'll be moved in and won't have to make another flight trip.

i was just looking over the checklist again, and i noticed they updated it since it wans't on my printed form.

http://jefferson.edu./jchp/jsp_checklist.cfm

under 5, right after orientation is this "welcome day"
this wasn't the reception that took about last month was it?

Welcome Day

The presentations given at Welcome Day will build upon the knowledge you have already gained through attending your Orientation program. This second component to your overall orientation to Thomas Jefferson University is designed to provide you with the means for a successful start to your educational endeavors.

Welcome Day takes place the day before the start of the fall semester. The date for the upcoming Welcome Day is Tuesday, September 7, 2010. This program is coordinated through the individual academic areas. Participation in Welcome Day is a required component to starting your education at Jefferson. All incoming students should plan on being in attendance

hope this helps! :)

oh, btw what's up with the previous posts??? confetti, i was hoping for a trade off--supply of beer for rides to costco/grocery store..

Last edited:
eggnacho..how do you know this information? I have searched their website (which for some reason I have a hard time finding things)

Also...it doesn't make sense to me that orientation is like 3 weeks before school starts...lame. Shouldn't it be like the week before schools starts. anyways... :S

eggnacho..how do you know this information? I have searched their website (which for some reason I have a hard time finding things)

Also...it doesn't make sense to me that orientation is like 3 weeks before school starts...lame. Shouldn't it be like the week before schools starts. anyways... :S

i wish orientation is the week before school starts.. but i guess it gives you plenty of time to get settled. i found the info on this page: http://www.jefferson.edu/jchp/studentlife/orientation.cfm

for ppl who already got accepted. did any1 get any packets after getting the acceptance email? i did not get anything so far. Specifically, the orientation packet?

Seems like you have quite the following on here Confetti. ;)

To all that have been placed on the waitlist, I would try to remain positive. From what I saw with JSP 2012 and JSP 2013, many of the current students were pulled off the waitlist.

- O

I'll be withdrawing my seat once my check with UMB goes through. I looove Jefferson, but Maryland is still my #1. Good luck!

I'll be withdrawing my seat once my check with UMB goes through. I looove Jefferson, but Maryland is still my #1. Good luck!

I just came to say the same thing. A great opportunity came up for me at Costco at the school close to home and I would be a fool not to take it. I wish all of you the best of luck in the future! My experience at Jefferson was wonderful, so I'm sure you guys will enjoy the next 4 years! :)

anyone that interviewed mid february get any acceptance/denial/waitlist decision yet? i interviewed february 20th and haven't heard anything back yet.

anyone that interviewed mid february get any acceptance/denial/waitlist decision yet? i interviewed february 20th and haven't heard anything back yet.

I had my interview on Feb 27 and was told that I was put on wait list. They send me a letter yesterday(March 30). May be you should email or call them.

Do you think the school offers waitlist spots for everyone interviewed (if they are not accepted immediately)?

I had my interview on Feb 27 and was told that I was put on wait list. They send me a letter yesterday(March 30). May be you should email or call them.

Do you think the school offers waitlist spots for everyone interviewed (if they are not accepted immediately)?

Anybody have any news?

Not specific to any of you guys particularly, but I have officially given up my spot at Jefferson, so maybe you guys will be hearing good news soon! =) I wish all of you the best of luck!

I interviewed on the 20th of Feb. and had received my waitlist letter on Sat., Mar 27th. Out of curiousity, is there ANYONE who interviewed in February/March that actually got accepted? Was anyone recently pulled from the waitlist?

Nope, haven't really heard about any acceptances for over a month. Last year it seems they were waitlisting people throughout the process but accepted people through all of March. This year they seemed to not have waitlisted people prior to February and just blanket waitlist everyone after January. But this is just what I saw throughout the thread, so I could definitely be wrong.

So maybe they're just waiting to see how many people give up their spots and then pull a bunch of people off the waitlist all at once accordingly?

Has anyone else got their Financial Aid reward yet? I need to apply for a PLUS loan because I got 35K and the banner site says cost of attendance is $52,168

How much do you current students get a year?

Has anyone else got their Financial Aid reward yet? I need to apply for a PLUS loan because I got 35K and the banner site says cost of attendance is $52,168

With the plus loan they will give you the remaining balance if you are approved.... They suggest applying for the plus loan after june 1.

Why is the annual cost $52,168 when tuition is $30,000? Does that include cost of living?

Nope, haven't really heard about any acceptances for over a month. Last year it seems they were waitlisting people throughout the process but accepted people through all of March. This year they seemed to not have waitlisted people prior to February and just blanket waitlist everyone after January. But this is just what I saw throughout the thread, so I could definitely be wrong.

So maybe they're just waiting to see how many people give up their spots and then pull a bunch of people off the waitlist all at once accordingly?

I think you may be right. It also seems to me that everyone who got an interview either got accepted or waitlisted. It doesn't seem like anyone got rejected after interviewing.

I am not counselor but...You might want to rethink how much of plus you need because it would be very expensive for you as an unsubsidized loan it gets 1. 4% origination fee 2. 7.9% from moment it is dispersed to you. That interest in fact would accumulate continuously until the loan is repaid but on the other hand no ceiling on how much you want to borrow but has to be withing limits of the cost of attendance. All of this is on the MPN for the plus loan which directly from dl.gov- the site handles all of your federal loans. By the way even stafford is now at 6.9% which is high so thank you government for getting involved in student loans.

I interviewed on the 20th of Feb. and had received my waitlist letter on Sat., Mar 27th. Out of curiousity, is there ANYONE who interviewed in February/March that actually got accepted? Was anyone recently pulled from the waitlist?

I guess the lesson to be learned was if you want to go to Jefferson, apply early next year because it does not have to take a backseat to people's typical 1st choice schools the way some other candidate schools do, probably a function of having a good MD school and projecting an overall good vibe that many felt when visiting.

I just received a call from Karen, and I was pulled off the wait-list! I'm on cloud nine right now. All you other guys on the waitlist, don't give up hope! Good luck to you all

I just received a call from Karen, and I was pulled off the wait-list! I'm on cloud nine right now. All you other guys on the waitlist, don't give up hope! Good luck to you all

Hey congrats! When did you interview?

Congrats roc07 , I hope more seats open up in the future!!