Thomas Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just emailed Karen today to give up my seat. Good luck to those who's waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to jeff around mid march. Haven't heard anything from them since that time. Today, I get an e-mail from jeff asking me to come in for a "waitlist" interview. I never interviewed for a waitlist before, so this is a first...

Members don't see this ad :)
For any current Jeff Student right now...what is the hardest class you take the first semester?...also...how has the keeping a 3.0 GPA been for you? Hard not hard? Thanks

did you guys find out how much financial aid you are receiving>

did you guys find out how much financial aid you are receiving>

Nothing so far. For some reason even though I have completed " Federally Required Entrance Interview" on FAFSA it still shows incomplete. Did any one you have similar problem? any suggestions?
I contacted Financial aid but no reply so far.

reddy0822,

I have had a similar issue but with the Loan Promissory Note. I submitted it about a month and a half ago, and it still says it's an unsatisfied requirement on my financial aid page. I did speak to someone in the financial aid office about a month ago and what they told me is that the system is behind in reporting when it has been completed by the student because so many students have submitted it. They told me to keep an eye on it, and that it should go through within a few weeks. So if I don't see anything change in the next week or so, I will probably call again. I'm not sure if it's the same case for you, but sounds like it might be!

reddy0822,

I have had a similar issue but with the Loan Promissory Note. I submitted it about a month and a half ago, and it still says it's an unsatisfied requirement on my financial aid page. I did speak to someone in the financial aid office about a month ago and what they told me is that the system is behind in reporting when it has been completed by the student because so many students have submitted it. They told me to keep an eye on it, and that it should go through within a few weeks. So if I don't see anything change in the next week or so, I will probably call again. I'm not sure if it's the same case for you, but sounds like it might be!

Thanks Dreamer, like you said they are probably are backed up and that to its summer break so hopefully they will catch up soon. thanks for the reply.

I was just looking on the jeff website about orientation. It says we are allowed to bring a guest. Is anyone bringing someone? I think it's kinda weird because we will be registering for classes, etc.

I think it's so strange the max we are allowed to borrow is 33,000 or something and tuition alone is 30,000. I don't understand why we can't borrow more??>??????

I think it's so strange the max we are allowed to borrow is 33,000 or something and tuition alone is 30,000. I don't understand why we can't borrow more??>??????

I was wondering the same thing, is 33,000 the max? it won't be enough if someone doesn't have any other source of income.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is the max...I got the max and the school offered Federal Work study for me to earn another 2500. Which I haven't committed to yet. I went to a financial aid workshop earlier this year and I don't ever remember them talking about us not getting enough to live off of and us having to take out EXTRA loans.

I was wondering the same thing, is 33,000 the max? it won't be enough if someone doesn't have any other source of income.

This is why two of my friends decided not to go to Thomas Jefferson, unfortunately. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the school is only two years old and it cannot provide enough aid for its students or something? You can always take out some private loans but those are scary...

This is why two of my friends decided not to go to Thomas Jefferson, unfortunately. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that the school is only two years old and it cannot provide enough aid for its students or something? You can always take out some private loans but those are scary...

Thanks CML & Boltdude for clearing some of my doubts.I guess I have to look for money from some other sources.
On the side note, anyone of you want to meet up some place on August 11th so that we can get to know each other. I will be flying from chicago that afternoon and staying at Residence Inn By Marriot.

Jefferson also gave me a TJU 5% loan of 4000. Ur also expected to take out a graduate plus loan.... this will cover ur full cost of attendance including room and board . U guys should check your email bc they should have given u info about this... Unfortunately jefferson is a private institution so they do not offer too many school grants....

did any of you guys apply for the on-campus apartment? I didn't get any response from the school regarding the housing and it's really frustrating.
The orientation is on 8/12 and for me, it means i have to move all the way from California to Philly before 12th and I don't know what's going to happen to my housing yet!
Is anybody in the same situation with me?

i just heard back about housing yesterday so i think they're calling people now...hopefully you'll hear back soon!

For any current Jeff Student right now...what is the hardest class you take the first semester?...also...how has the keeping a 3.0 GPA been for you? Hard not hard? Thanks

Hey guys, Im a P2, starting this fall. I've been on this thread here and there but couldnt really keep up with it once school started. You can ask me if you have any qs about Jefferson.

I personally think the hardest class in the fall semester is a toss up between pathophysiology 1 and Biochemistry. Balancing these two classes proved to be a pretty big challenge. Keeping a 3.0 gpa is hard at times, but it is definitely manageable. Best advice I can give for incoming students is to TIME MANAGE!!!!!

Good luck to everyone and hope to meet you in the fall! :cool:

is anybody bringing your car? :confused: or is it just not necessary?

is anybody bringing your car? :confused: or is it just not necessary?

Nope, a car is not necessary. Our school is in Center City, so everything is walking distance, like restaurants, bars, shops, & markets (i.e. Reading Terminal, Superfresh, Chinatown) etc. :) If you want to go farther, you can always take the Septa bus or subway. That's what most students do here. Last year, some of my IPPE sites were a little far to walk, so my preceptor and group took the train there. I think it costs about $2 for one way, however, you can buy a set of tokens at our school bookstore for a cheaper price. :thumbup: Having a car can be costly because parking is quite expensive.

Hi everyone,

i am 90% certain that i will be attending jeff. MY question to current P1's is

Can anyone give me an idea what's living in Martin like? How hard is it to get renovated rooms?

Please give me the pros and cons of Martin

Thnaks:laugh:)

Is anyone here still waiting on word from TJU? I sent out my PharmCAS application in January, supplementals by early February (as soon as some schools sent them to me), got my PCAT scores back in late February, and got 4 interview offers virtually immediately. The only school who hasn't sent me an email with an interview offer is Jeff, but they didn't even send me an email declining me either. I'm a little bit upset by this, as I'd like to stay in the Philadelphia area. I already interviewed at Temple (no word yet), but I want to have as many options as possible, of course.

You should try calling/emailing them. One girl that was in my interview pool had not heard back, called them and then was immediately told that she could come in for an interview so good luck!

That's a good plan. I think I'll give that a shot, though I'd rather avoid having to pay for another flight back east.

Not to be a downer, but i think this past weekend was there last set of interviews.

there are two more weeks left of interviews

oh, well thats good then for Liebensaft. When i was interviewing on 3/19 they told me next weekend (3/26) was their last cycle. good luck Leibensaft!

Still have received nothing from them, but I called a few days ago and they told me my application was "sent to the department" and "under review." I have no idea what's taking so long, but it's a shame they didn't get to it sooner or maybe I would have actually considered their school. I'm gonna live in the 'hood and be an Owl instead.

Still have received nothing from them, but I called a few days ago and they told me my application was "sent to the department" and "under review." I have no idea what's taking so long, but it's a shame they didn't get to it sooner or maybe I would have actually considered their school. I'm gonna live in the 'hood and be an Owl instead.

Same man.

I'd have to take a few summer classes for Jefferson anyway, and its farther from where I live than Temple is.

Yeah, I would have liked to be closer to center city and away from the rough neighborhoods, but it's about an hour from my house either way, so I'm definitely not commuting. I like the idea of a more well-established program too. It just seems like it might be a confidence booster for employers. And you can't argue with a 100% NAPLEX pass-rate last year.

So I pretty much got the last interview date of April 16th to Jeff.

Might as well go and see what the school is like.

So I pretty much got the last interview date of April 16th to Jeff.

Might as well go and see what the school is like.

I still haven't gotten an interview invite or denial. Even if they did invite me to that date, it's the day after my $500 deposit is due at Temple and there's no way I can afford the flight to Philly and the deposit. I'm already utilizing the Parents National Bank. :(

Sorry to hear that man, I hope things work out!

Hi :) I was just wondering if Jefferson provides transportation to IPPE sites. Or do students themselves arrange transportation? Where do students do their IPPEs their first year? Also, how important is it to do residency in pharmacy school? What benefits can doing a residency confer on you? Thanks!!

Hi :) I was just wondering if Jefferson provides transportation to IPPE sites. Or do students themselves arrange transportation? Where do students do their IPPEs their first year? Also, how important is it to do residency in pharmacy school? What benefits can doing a residency confer on you? Thanks!!

Google.