Those who took the real MCAT what is your take on AAMC 3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone

My question goes out to those have taken the real MCAT. I have been taking only Kaplan diagnostics up to now and yesterday I took AAMC 3 for the first time. I thought that the science passages and questions were really easy compared to the Kaplan diagnostics I have been using such as 4 and 8. I have not taken AAMC 10 or AAMC 11 which I hear are the most similar because I do not want to waste them. Are the passages and questions on the real MCAT as easy as AAMC 3 or are they as convoluted as the Kaplan Diagnostics? Am I working harder than I have to or not working hard enough? :bang:

Members don't see this ad.

I took the April 11th test and the early AAMCs were perhaps more indicative of my real MCAT than the later AAMCs (content wise).

Well I was blown away (pun intended) by how easy the questions and passages were compared to what I am typically accustomed to. Zinthafan do you think that the real MCAT you took was as easy as AAMC 3 or is it as convoluted and more challenging as the Kaplan diagnostics.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never took the Kaplan diagnostics, but TPR was definitely more complicated than my AAMC test. Some discretes on my actual MCAT were pretty horrid and one of my orgo passages on my AAMC test was nothing like I'd seen before. I didn't find AAMC 3 terribly easy and actually got the same score (a 33) on every single AAMC practice test I took, including AAMC 3.

I got the same score on AAMC 3 as my real MCAT of 33. Yes there are some dead giveaway questions, but they are few and far in between.

Don't underestimate the exam, you should study harder. As you can see from the 3/22 and 4/5 threads, a lot of people scored well below their average AAMCs, so be prepared.

I think it matters if people took it pre studying or after studying... That should be factored in.