Thoughts on BU and Georgetown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myrahu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi, i'm new :)
does anyone, current students/alum/applying students have any thoughts on BU and Georgetown? I heard from a friend who heard from his boss (MD) that they both have reupatations among physicians as schools that will take people who are willing to pay $$$....
thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Well how could he be wrong?

Both schools are probably tops for tuition, and they are in the most expensive areas in the world. You have to pay 40K tuition, probably 30K living in realistic estimates, per year, so yeah the kids who choose to go there are richer than average I would say is a fair statement. Plenty of rich kids in my class at gtown, im not super rich but in not poor either. PLenty of middle of the roaders like me also tho. Few poor i would imagine.

BU is expensive at $38k and Boston is expensive but that is the price you pay for the opportunity to live in Boston. :) I think living expenses are much less than 30k per year. Most kids get a roomate and pay about $800 per month and you definitely don't need a car. :)

BU is expensive at $38k and Boston is expensive but that is the price you pay for the opportunity to live in Boston. :) I think living expenses are much less than 30k per year. Most kids get a roomate and pay about $800 per month and you definitely don't need a car. :) I'm