This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rainbows&Waterfalls

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am happy to say that I will be starting medical school in August! As I start considering housing options, I want to hear some opinions on the -- living alone vs. living with roommates -- dilemma.

Reasons why I prefer living alone:
> Had disrespectful roommates in the past, don't want to deal with it again
> Prefer studying from home & don't want any additional distractions
> Have a significant other that will likely visit me 1-2 times per month
> Enjoy hosting friends / going out once in awhile and don't want any grief

Reasons why I am hesitant to live alone:
> Missed opportunity to meet people / make close friends
> Higher cost


Basically, I don't want any additional stress (either way) during M1. I would consider myself pretty outgoing, I certainly have a lot of friends, but am looking for some stronger friendships with females (I will need more bridesmaids someday!). I am willing to pay more for a private space but again, do not want to miss out on anything.

So... any advice?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad