Thoughts on my credentials?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zayed63

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys,

I am a second time applicant (first time I had serious issues that I resolved 100% now).

Major: Biology
Minor: Chemistry
Concentration: Pre-Med

(Previous MCATs were awful: 23R and 25S; current MCAT is 32Q):
MCAT: V:10 PS: 11 B:11 WS:Q.

cGPA: 3.701

Work/Activities:

-500+ volunteer hours:
*400+ volunteer hours in Baghdad, Iraq working with the American Military (at my own expense)
*100+ volunteer work in two separate hospitals
* currently 30+ hours/week as volunteer EMT

-Service coordinator for Medical club at my college

- 240+ hours of shadowing with 12 doctors at 7 different care facilities (including OR shadowing) (also shadowed dr. in CANADA)

- Member of three national honors societies (BBB, ALD and PKP)

-3 presidents list awards and deans list for every other semester.

-Lead Biology tutor for a national nonprofit tutoring organization at my college (also tutor
chem and physics)

-Grant-funded biomedical student researcher for 2 years.

- 1 publication (lead author)

- 7 presentations at 6 science conferences (throughout SC, VA and even CANADA)

-Won first place for Biochemistry/Bioinformatics at the Big South Undergraduate Research Symposium for my work on the role of FOXO on the regeneration of cardiac myocytes (effectively eliminating cardiac necrosis).

-I organized a charity textbook drive for underprivileged middle eastern nations where I collected well over 300 textbooks and shipped them out to Northern Iraq.

-Employed as Human anatomy TA and Lab assistant.

-Certified Nursing Assistant

-Certified EKG technician (currently seeking employment).

Those are basically my work/activities that I am putting on my AMCAS application.

Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Some schools might bring up those old MCATs, but they can't really argue with a 32..

Your numbers are pretty solid and you have great ECs to talk about in an interview. Just be prepared and apply to the right schools, and you should be fine.

Thanks, buddy. I appreciate the feedback :)