Thoughts on Remote Volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Would it be okay to have majority volunteer being remote (related to crisis)?

• You'll be fine

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
D

deleted1040417

I am wondering what your thoughts are on someone with having the majority of volunteer hours being remote(Crisis Text Line)? I was volunteering with a food bank, but I won't be able to in the spring because of scheduling conflicts and shifts being limited due to the pandemic.

Members don't see this ad.

Shouldn't be an issue given the circumstances. It's going to be the norm to see apps light on in-person volunteering for the next year or so. Not to mention, I think you picked a great and worthy cause (crisis text line).

David D, MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Reactions: 1 user
Shouldn't be an issue given the circumstances. It's going to be the norm to see apps light on in-person volunteering for the next year or so. Not to mention, I think you picked a great and worthy cause (crisis text line).

Med School Tutors
Thank you. I wanted to be involved sooner, but I found food banks to be more flexible so I was doing biweekly shifts. But with this being remote and flexible around all hours I don't think it would be a problem.

Thank you. I wanted to be involved sooner, but I found food banks to be more flexible so I was doing biweekly shifts. But with this being remote and flexible around all hours I don't think it would be a problem.
For sure! My key takeaway that I tell my students is "do lots of good as you can, the rest will align itself in time". You got this!

Med School Tutors

• Love
Reactions: 1 user