Thoughts on this dogma?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I enjoyed reading it.

Reminds me of a time few months ago when a pacu nurse was lecturing me about "all pts must come out of the OR on nasal cannula. If ever work with Dr So and So, they would tear me a new one" Guess I'll never get the pleasure of hearing those Drs pontificating since I graduated many years ago,

Last edited:
I enjoyed reading it.

Reminds me of a time few months ago when a pacu nurse was lecturing me about "all pts must come out of the OR on nasal cannula. If ever work with Dr So and So, they would tear me a new one" Guess I'll never get the pleasure of hearing those Drs pontificating since I graduated many years ago,

We conclude that most adult patients undergoing ambulatory surgery can be transported safely to the PACU breathing room air after general anesthesia. However, patients whose age was > or = 60 yr or weight was > or = 100 kg, or for whom transient O2 desaturation on transport may be harmful, should be transported while breathing nasal O2 via nasal cannula

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11574357