-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
thoughts on USC's IM program?
Started by familyguy909
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I did and didn’t match there.Does everyone who interview at USC receive thank you letters signed by the interviewers or any other post interview correspondance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received post interview correspondance or calls from APD/chief residents saying they were ranked to match?
I just received the standard Thank You card that everyone gets (see above). I have not received any communication about being ranked to match.
Has anyone received post interview correspondance or calls from APD/chief residents saying they were ranked to match?
Not me personally, but others have been told so.
I just received the standard Thank You card that everyone gets (see above). I have not received any communication about being ranked to match.
Same. I got a thank you card written but have not heard any calls of that nature.
Not me personally, but others have been told so.
Others have been told so for what? Thank you cards OR ranked to match calls?
Did anyone receive a rank to match letter / love letter from USC this week?
Yes. Take it as a good sign.
Others have been told so for what? Thank you cards OR ranked to match calls?
“We liked you a lot” emails ie “you’re ranked high but policies say we can’t use those words exactly so we will send the top half or so a love letter with vague language”
Yes. Take it as a good sign.
Unfortunately I didn't get one. Don't know how high the chances are I can match there now or how low they go on rank list
Unfortunately I didn't get one. Don't know how high the chances are I can match there now or how low they go on rank list
How did you feel about your interview?
How did you feel about your interview?
If felt not too bad. But The interview with the APD was just me asking questions, so I don't know what it is to take away from that.
The takeaway is to rank it where you like it and stop worrying about things you have no control over.If felt not too bad. But The interview with the APD was just me asking questions, so I don't know what it is to take away from that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Handwritten thank you cards from interviewers. I think everyone gets those though?
Yeah and that seems to be the trend in previous years. Looks like some people got match calls/emails in this thread last year but I think they are getting more strict with correspondences insinuating rankHandwritten thank you cards from interviewers. I think everyone gets those though?
I'm fairly certain he wrote the Royal Swedish Academy thank you cards and letters of intent though.I don't know why people overthink this.
Just rank the program you like best to worst on your list.
Let the algorithm do the rest. Dude who invented the rank list won some nobel prize or something the thing is so efficient.
How difficult is it to get an interview here? From OOS MD?