thoughts on USC's IM program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyone who interview at USC receive thank you letters signed by the interviewers or any other post interview correspondance?
 
Last edited:
Has anyone done a second look at USC? What does it entail?

Do they welcome it or are do they not recommend it?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone received post interview correspondance or calls from APD/chief residents saying they were ranked to match?
 
Has anyone received post interview correspondance or calls from APD/chief residents saying they were ranked to match?

I just received the standard Thank You card that everyone gets (see above). I have not received any communication about being ranked to match.
 
I just received the standard Thank You card that everyone gets (see above). I have not received any communication about being ranked to match.

Same. I got a thank you card written but have not heard any calls of that nature.
 
Others have been told so for what? Thank you cards OR ranked to match calls?

“We liked you a lot” emails ie “you’re ranked high but policies say we can’t use those words exactly so we will send the top half or so a love letter with vague language”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone applying this cycle? If so, has anyone received any correspondence post interview?
 
Handwritten thank you cards from interviewers. I think everyone gets those though?
Yeah and that seems to be the trend in previous years. Looks like some people got match calls/emails in this thread last year but I think they are getting more strict with correspondences insinuating rank
 
I don't know why people overthink this.

Just rank the program you like best to worst on your list.

Let the algorithm do the rest. Dude who invented the rank list won some nobel prize or something the thing is so efficient.
 
I don't know why people overthink this.

Just rank the program you like best to worst on your list.

Let the algorithm do the rest. Dude who invented the rank list won some nobel prize or something the thing is so efficient.
I'm fairly certain he wrote the Royal Swedish Academy thank you cards and letters of intent though.